The department of Mechanical Engineering offers a full-service fabrication machine shop. Located in the basement of Hess, this facility has four full-time machinists with a combinded industrial and academic experience of more than 100 years. The shop is a mult-purpose machining facility capable of meeting all design needs.
The shop and its staff specialize in research and academic custom work, scientific instrumentation, biomedical devices, testing fixtures and fabrications of all sizes.
The following equipment is housed in the Drexel Machine Shop:
- Five Bridgeport milling machines with digital readouts
- Lathes in fize sizes
- Two new state-of-the-art computer numerically controlled (CNC) mill and lathe Haas Machining Centers with all programming developed through CAD-CAM software for part design
- Full welding setup for all materials, including a plasma cutter
- Brother HS3100 Wire EDM
- Versa Laser cutter (12"x24" table)
- Dimension Elite 3D rapid prototyping machine
For more information on the Drexel Machine Shop, please visit the website: http://machineshop.coe.drexel.edu/
Any specific questions beyond what can be addressed through the website should be directed to the Drexel Machine Shop at firstname.lastname@example.org