Dr. Reich is an internationally recognized leader in organ transplantation and hepatobiliary surgery. He specializes in complex liver surgery, treatments for liver tumors, transplant for high-risk patients, safe use of extended criteria donor organs, and long-term healthcare following transplantation.
He has expertise as a doctor, administrator, educator and scientist. He has published extensively and lectured internationally regarding about research and patient care aspects of liver surgery, including work with donation after cardiac death organ transplantation. He is an authority on quality improvement and practice standards in the fields of transplantation and liver surgery.
He has held many national appointments, including:
- Chairman, Standards on Organ Transplantation Committee, American Society of Transplant Surgeons
- Chairman, Liver Surgery and Transplantation Committee, American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
- Immediate past region two representative, OPTN/UNOS Liver and Intestinal Organ Transplantation Committee
- Immediate past chairman, OPTN/UNOS National Liver Allocation Review Board
- Past chairman, medical advisory committee and member, board of directors, American Liver Foundation Delaware Valley Chapter
- Editorial board, Liver Transplantation
- Editorial reviewer, New England Journal of Medicine and American Journal of Transplantation
Dr. Reich is certified by the American Board of Surgery and is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons.