The Advanced Pathology Imaging Laboratory (APIL) is a collaborative center for clinical imaging, informatics, and research. This laboratory includes:
- High-resolution digital whole slide imaging
- Widefield and deconvolution fluorescence microscopy
- Optical coherence tomography
- Motorized brightfield imaging
- Advanced image analysis utilizing a 16-core Matlab computer cluster
Research projects in the laboratory utilize the vast amounts of data generated by the clinical work in the department. One of the chief objectives of this research is to advance the treatment of cancer by developing novel techniques for high throughput collection and analysis of tumors. We also are actively engaged in the development of new methods for cancer diagnosis using in vivo microscopy.
We offer whole slide scanning services using the Aperio Scanscope XT. Aperio image analysis routines are available to provide basic calculations of area and histological staining attributes. Advanced image analysis solutions using custom software may also be available. Please inquire by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.