The Lindy Center for Civic Engagement is committed to providing high-quality and meaningful public-service, leadership development, and collaborative problem-solving opportunities for Drexel students across the university. We recognize that such opportunities not only benefit our community partners, but also significantly enhance a student's education both inside and outside of the classroom.
All of our programs are developed based upon Drexel's Student Learning Priorities (DSLP’s), particularly Responsible Citizenship - preparing students to create and sustain healthy, engaged, public lives. Our programs also reflect many of the other DSLP’s including Global Competence, Leadership, and Communication.
The valuable experiences that we provide through the Lindy Center engage students in the process of identifying, understanding, and actively addressing issues of public concern on the local, national, and international levels.We urge students to move beyond ideas of charity and service to become active participants in effecting meaningful social change.
Through the Lindy Center, students can:
- Take courses in their majors or electives with a community-based component and earn a certificate in civic engagement
- Participate in week-long local, national, or international service immersion trips
- Become a student leader, tutor, or mentor through long-term leadership programs
- Find one-time service opportunities
- Receive advising services for post-graduation and careers in the nonprofit sector
We encourage you to explore the various ways that Drexel students are already making a difference and learn more about the opportunities that are available to you today!