For students who wish to focus their studies in the area of intellectual property law, the law school offers a sequenced curriculum leading to completion of the Concentration.
For students in the Class of 2012 or later, completing the Intellectual Property concentration requires the following:
1. Complete the following Required Courses (generally during the second year):
Fall Year 2
- Business Organizations
Spring Year 2
- Transactional Lawyering
2. Complete one of the following Practical Learning Experiences (during the second Summer or third year):
- Concentration Co-op
- Entrepreneurial Law Clinic
- Another experience as approved by the concentration director
Completion of at least one of the below electives is encouraged, but NOT required:
- Law and Economics
- Patent Prosecution
- Patent Litigation and Strategy
- Entertainment Law
- First Amendment
- Food and Drug Law
- Internet Law
- Licensing of Intellectual Property
- Other courses as approved by the Director
The concentration requires an overall 2.5 minimum GPA. To receive "Honors" in the concentration, the student must have an overall GPA of 3.2 or better in the courses counted toward completion of the concentration.
Please consult the course catalog for course descriptions and credit values.
2.00 or 3.00