Detailed Instructions for Using CallXpress
Activation of Voice Mail
When you first setup your voicemail service you will need to record your greeting and security code. To do this press the Message key on your phone. You will be prompted to enter your security code. First time only your default code is 373935. You will then be guided on setting up your greeting and changing your security code.
If you are off campus to reach voicemail dial 215-895-4900. You will be prompted to enter your mailbox. Your mailbox number is 3+your 4-digit extension. Then you will be prompted to enter your security code. First time only, enter 373935, then follow the prompts on setting up your greeting and changing your security code.
Change your security code
You should change your security code on a regular basis
Please do not leave the security code at the default setting
To change your security code press 3 to access phone manager, then press 1 for personal options, then press four to change your security code. You will be asked for your new security code twice
Record your Personal Greeting
Your personal greetings let callers know that they have reached the correct mailbox.
CallXpress lets you have three different greetings: busy, standard, and out-of-office.
Press 3 for Phone Manager, then 1 for Personal Options, then 3 for Record Personal Greetings and then press 1.
Press 3 for Phone Manager, then 1 for Personal Options, then 3 for Record Personal Greetings and the press 2.
Press 3 for Phone Manager, then 1 for Personal Options, then 3 for Record Personal Greetings and then press 3.
Record your name
Press 3 for Phone Manager, then 1 for Personal Options, then Press 5 to go to the 'Record your Name' menu.
If a name is currently recorded it will be played. You can change this by pressing 2 to record and 2 a second time to stop.
To Check Your Messages
Pick up your handset, then press your message key or dial 4900 (215-895-4900 if off campus)
Type in your voice mail box number and then enter your voice mail box security code and press #.
Listen to Messages
To play a message press 1. During playback you can do the following functions:
- Press 1 to pause/continue
- Press 4 to increase playback speed
- Press 7 to decrease playback speed
- Press 6 to increase volume
- Press 1 then 9 then 1 to decrease volume
- Press 8 to reply to the message
- Press 0 and then 0 again to get the sender's name and delivery information
When at the end of the message you can do the following functions:
- Press 2 to forward the message
- Press 3 to repeat the last five seconds of a message
- Press 4 to delete the message
- Press 5 to save the message
- Press 6 to to replay the message
- Press 7 to skip to the next message
- Press 9 to advance through the message in five-second increments.
Recording and Sending Messages
- Press 2 to record and send messages. You can do the following while in this menu:
- Press 2 to pause the recording and press 2 to resume recording
- Press 6 to listen to your message after recording
- Press 3 when reviewing your message to back up through the message in five-second increments
- Press 9 when reviewing your message to advance in five-second increments.
- Press 4 to delete the message
- Press 5 to send the message and then 9
- Press 0, after recording the message for the following options:
- Press 1 to specify future delivery
- Press 2 to set urgent status
- Press 3 to restrict forwarding the message
- Press 5 to request return receipt information
- Press 8 to leave a callback number
Restoring a deleted message
If you delete a message by mistake, you can restore it by pressing 7, then press 4 to restore the message provided that you have not left voice mail. Once you hang up from voice mail, deleted messages are irretrievable.
Note: If you have already ended your session there is no way to retrieve your messages.
To leave a message in another staff member's voicemail box without calling their phone directly there is an Express Messaging feature. To access, dial 4901 when on campus or 215-895-4901 from off campus. You will then be prompted to enter their 4-digit extension.