VPN for Mac OS X
Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client for Mac
System Requirements for Installing AnyConnect VPN Client
AnyConnect 2.4 supports the following versions of Mac OS:
- Mac OS X 10.5
- Mac OS X 10.6, 10.6.1, and 10.6.2 (each of these versions on 32-bit and 64-bit).
AnyConnect requires 50MB of hard disk space.
If you upgrade from one major Mac OS X release to another (for example 10.5 to 10.6), manually uninstall AnyConnect first, then after the upgrade, reinstall it manually or by establishing a web-based connection to a security appliance configured to install it. Uninstalling before the upgrade and reinstalling AnyConnect afterwards is necessary because the upgrade does not preserve the Cisco AnyConnect Virtual Adapter.
Customers running Mac OS X 10.4 must upgrade to 10.5 before upgrading to AnyConnect 2.4. IRT will continue to support Mac OS X 10.4 users running pre-2.4 versions until those versions are scheduled for end-of-life.
- Visit https://vpn.drexel.edu
- Select the group "Drexel VPN" (usually the default option). Enter your Drexel User-id and password. Click Login.
Note: For most users the Drexel User-id is your initials, followed by two to four numbers.
- Click Start AnyConnect to begin the installation of the client and connect to the VPN service.
- Once connected, you will see the Connection Established verification screen.
- Go to your Applications folder. Select the Cisco folder. Select the AnyConnect Client icon.
- Enter your Drexel User-id and password. Make sure DrexelVPN is selected for the Group.
- Once connected, you will see a confirmation screen.
Disconnecting the AnyConnect VPN Client
Always Log Out When Finished. Double click the AnyConnect icon on the dock to open the client dialog box (above). Click the Disconnect button. This will terminate the secure connection to the internal Drexel network.