XFINITY on Campus Trial
A Trial Service powered by Information Resources & Technology and Comcast
What's XFINITY on Campus ?
Drexel IRT and Comcast are beta testing a new television and video service for students living in University Housing Residence Halls which provides access on your computer to 85+ live streaming television channels and on-demand video content. You may also optionally purchase monthly subscriptions to channels like HBO, Starz, NFL RedZone and several others.
Who is eligible to use the XFINITY on Campus service?
All residence of University Housing Halls have access to the service. The Halls include: Calhoun, Caneris, Kelly, Millennium, Myers, North, Race Street, Stiles, Tower and Van Rensselaer. There are no fees or complex registration steps necessary to use the service.
What are the requirements to use the Service?
- Must be a current resident in University Housing
- DrexelOne user id and password
- An active connection on the campus network (wired or wireless, dragonfly3 only!)
- OS: Windows 7 or Windows 8 (Modern UI / Metro touch interface not supported), Mac OS X 10.9 or better
- Web browser: IE 9, Firefox 27, Safari 6, Chrome 32 or better with Adobe Flash 12.0 or better installed
- Tip: IRT Finds that by far Firefox and Safari offer the best browser based player experience.
- iOS 7 or better for iPhones, 4th generation or later iPod Touches, and iPads.
Download XFINITY On Campus from the App store.
- Support for Android mobile devices coming soon.
Choose Start Watching to activate the service.
From your iPad, iPod or iPhone, you only need to launch the XFINITY on Campus App.