NOTE: These instructions can be used to allow student access to a course before the start of term or after the end of the term. If you need to reopen a course that is no longer in Drexel Learn, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Under Control Panel, click Customization, then click Properties
- In section 3 (“Set Course Duration”), enter the desired Start Date and End Date
- Click the Submit button at the top or bottom of the page
Unless it is absolutely necessary, do not enable the Force Completion setting for tests. Force Completion will lock a student out of an exam if they leave it or otherwise lose their connection.
An alternative to this setting is enabling the Timer on a Test. If this is selected along with Auto-Submit, a timer will run from the moment the student starts the exam. The timer will continue to run, even if the student leaves the test. In this circumstance, if the connection were to be dropped, the student could resume the test from where he or she left off. When the timer expires (either during the test or while the student has left the test), it will be automatically submitted on behalf of the student.
These settings can be found either when initially deploying a test, or by clicking Edit the Test Options from the existing tests drop-down menu.
If you need to grant a student another attempt on a test, we recommend you do not use Clear Attempt. That will completely remove the attempt from the system and you will not be able to retrieve it. Instead, use the Ignore Attempt. This will keep the original attempt in the system and allow the student to take the test/submit the assignment again.
- Locate the cell containing the attempt in the Full Grade Center
- Click the drop-down menu with the cell and select View Grade Details
- Click the Ignore Attempt button