Raptivity, from Harbinger Knowledge Products, is a computer program that generates web-friendly Flash interactions based on a library of interaction models. These include learning games, software simulations, interactive questions, interactive diagrams, learning aids, guided adaptive scenarios and flow diagrams. Creating interactions with the Raptivity editor requires no programming, but does take time to master.
Key features of the Raptivity suite:
- Publishing output is a single Flash file, so that file management is simple.
- The interaction library is organized by educational theory. Interactions can be chosen to fit, for instance, specific levels of Bloom’s taxonomy of educational objectives or Gagne’s Nine Events.
- Over 200 interactions are available.
- Exercises can be integrated with SCORM to allow tracking of student responses and scores.
- The Raptivity interaction creator runs on Windows, but the Flash files created can be played back through most browsers.
A starter version, called Raptivity Zest, with 12 interactions, lists for $395. Additional interactions are available as standard and booster packs. We recommend exploring the Interactivity Samples (see below) and mastering one or two interactivity models to start.
Web site: http://www.raptivity.com
Interactivity Samples: http://www.raptivity.com/Demo%20Courses/Interactivity%20Builder%20Sample%20Course/Index.html?0.