Logging in with Firefox on Windows
- Open Firefox.
- Go to https://software.drexel.edu. A dialog box will appear:
- Enter your username as shown. You must enter "drexel\" before your username.
- Enter your Drexel domain password. This is usually the same password that you use to log in to DrexelOne or Webmail with, but it may be different. Try your DrexelOne password first. If you can't log in, please contact the IRT Help Desk at email@example.com or by phone at (215)895-2020
Navigating and Downloading
- Once you're logged into the Software Download Server click your role at the university, "students" or "facultyandstaff"
- Then, choose the platform for the software you wish you download.
The links will usually show up as blue (unvisited) or purple (visited) underlined text, but may be different colors depending on what browser you're using and how it's configured.
To download the software files (which usually end in ".exe"), click the file name. Some files, specifically text documents (which usually end in ".txt") will open rather than download when clicked on.
To download these files, right-click on the file name and select "Save Target As...". Choose a location to save the file to (like your Desktop) and choose "Save".
Extracting Zip Files
- Most Windows/PC software packages are stored as self-extracting compressed (zip) files to conserve space and allow for faster & more reliable downloads. Before you can install the application, you need to "unzip" the installation files.
- After the file finishes downloading, locate it wherever it was downloaded to and double-click it. A dialog box will appear.
- Click on "Unzip" and then click "Close" when it finishes unzipping. Now, you should see a new folder where you downloaded the file.
- Open that folder and look for something that says "Install" or "Setup" or a file called "Readme" that will contain more specific installation instructions. If you're not sure what to do at this point, please contact the IRT Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (215) 895-2020.