Guide to Technology Resources for Students
Viruses and phishing scams are a constant threat to users and their computers. Here are some tips to avoid phishing scams and keep your computer virus-free:
- Keep anti-virus software updated and scan your computer regularly for viruses and malware.
- NEVER give out passwords or login information via email. No legitimate organization will ask.
- Delete spam—don’t respond to it.
- Don’t open email attachments from an unknown source.
- Don’t download content from suspicious or untrustworthy sites or applications.
- Copy and paste URLs into your navigation bar.
Next: More Information