A Guide to Technology Resources at Drexel
The Online Learning Team (OLT), located in the Instructional Technology Center (ITC) in Room 109 of the Korman Center, provides support for faculty and staff in the areas of online teaching/learning, educational technology, and training.
Learn (http://learn.drexel.edu), a course management system, integrates with tools such as Mobile Learn, Respondus, StudyMate, Collaborate / Wimba, Turnitin, DragonDrop, Camtasia, Mediasite, YouTube, PowerPoint, SlideShare, Flickr, McGraw-Hill content, Campus Pack tools, ConnectYard, and more. It facilitates these course-related activities:
- Course planning, management, and revision
- Course content dissemination (such as syllabi and course readings)
- Communication among students and Instructor(s) using course mail, announcements, threaded discussion (asynchronous), and chat (synchronous)
- Student self-assessment
- Electronic assignment submission
- Testing and grading (automatic grading is available)
- Student access to grades
- Organization of electronic work groups
More information about Learn can be found at http://www.drexel.edu/irt/learn.
The OLT offers workshops on a variety of topics throughout the year, including Learn, Camtasia, DragonDrop, Mac applications, SharePoint, Web Content, and more. For a schedule, see http://www.drexel.edu/irt/help/workshops.
For more information, or to request an ad hoc workshop for your group, contact the OLT at 215-895-1224 or email@example.com.
Next: Class Lists and ListServ