Before completing your Alumni Association Grants Program Funding Request Form, student organization representatives are encouraged to review the tips below, which will help to enhance the quality of your proposal. You can also review some examples of successful programs that were organized previously and recieved Alumni Association grant funding.
In addition, the Office of Alumni Relations can be used as a resource in advance of submitting your funding request. Should you have any questions or wish to discuss your event or program ideas, please contact Jeff Spence at 215-895-2375 or email@example.com.
The Drexel University Alumni Association Grants Program aims to support events and programs planned by recognized student organizations that increase the interaction between Drexel students and alumni, enhance the student experience, promote tradition, support academic excellence, reconnect alumni to the university, create a greater awareness of the Alumni Association, and promote the Association as a relevant and integral part of the university community.
Below are some examples of successful programs that were supported with funding from the Grants Program:
- Campus to Careers: The Interfraternity Council and the Order of Omega annually hosts a panel of alumni professionals who answered questions and offered advice to current Drexel students. The annual event includes opportunities for students to network with alumni, as well, and engaged 51 students and 16 alumni in 2009.
- Alumni Theatre Reception: The Drexel Players received an Alumni Association Grant to support a networking event for students and alumni before its performance of “A Midsummer Night’s Dream.” The event engaged 40 students, 16 alumni, 5 faculty members and 10 other members of the Drexel community.
- “Beyond the Glass Ceiling” Women in Leadership Conference: The Drexel Women in Business hosted this second annual event which featured a keynote speaker and panelists who shared insight into organizations, taking risks, charting career paths, and managing brand image. The event engaged 30 students, 5 alumni, 5 faculty members, and 10 members of the business community.
- ASCE/AEI Alumni Dinner and Reception: The Drexel student chapter of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) received an Alumni Association Grant to support a networking reception that brought together students and alumni, followed by a dinner and presentations that provided an overview of the academic year and future outlooks. The event engaged 17 students and 10 alumni.
- Senior Show Reception: The Drexel Interiors Group planned a pre-showing of the Interior Design Department’s senior show, which provided opportunity for 43 alumni, 20 members of the Drexel faculty and professional staff, and 250 members of the community and student families to network and interact with the 24 seniors who displayed work.
- Annual Alumni Dinner: Upsilon Pi Epsilon received Alumni Association Grant funding to support its annual alumni dinner. In 2010, the event engaged 12 new members of the honor society with 16 students and 24 alumni, along with faculty members and guests.
- Earth Day Service Project: The Sacramento Graduate Student Association engaged 86 students and 14 alumni, along with faculty , professional staff and community members, in a park beautification community service project at Bannon Creek Park and Preserve in Sacramento, CA.
- WKDU Reunion: The Drexel radio station, WKDU, hosted a reunion event for its current student and alumni members during Alumni Weekend 2011 coinciding with the 40th anniversary of FM radio. The event engaged 10 students and 50 alumni.