FINAL REMINDER FOR DREXEL INCIRCLE USERS
Dear inCircle user:
We hope you have seen our previous e-mails announcing that inCircle, the Drexel University Alumni Association's social networking platform, will be closing on December 31, 2012. Again, we wanted to take time to address some of the questions we've received from alumni:
- The Online Alumni Directory and its features, including e-mail forwarding services, will not be affected. In fact, the Directory continues to serve as an active resource for Drexel alumni. Last year, more than 750 jobs were posted to the Online Alumni Directory, and there are currently more than 300 jobs posted in the Directory.
- The data contained in your inCircle profile will be destroyed on December 31, 2012. Prior to that date, you can visit incircle.drexel.edu to review, move, save or delete any photos, connections or other information that you would like to retain or remove from your profile. Please note – we will not be able to recover any data once it is destroyed on December 31.
- Your alumni records are still and will always be maintained by Drexel University. We are only closing the inCircle social networking platform. Your alumni records maintained in the University's secure database will not be affected in any way by the closing of inCircle.
Though the inCircle site will no longer be available, the Alumni Association has established a number of social media channels to provide you with enhanced ways to build your professional network of Drexel alumni as well as to connect with your Drexel friends and the Alumni Association, including:
- LinkedIn: The official Drexel University Alumni Association Networking Group has become the largest Drexel networking group on LinkedIn with more than 10,000 members! The group provides a way for you to connect with other Drexel alumni to discuss career opportunities, job search strategies and industry topics. Click here to join the group today!
- Facebook: "Like" the official Alumni Association page on Facebook at facebook.com/drexel.alumni to learn about the latest news for Drexel alumni, to participate in contests and trivia, and to share your comments, insights, stories and photos. Members of the Classes of 2002-2012 are also invited to "like" the Young Alumni Association's page at facebook.com/drexel.youngalumni.
- Online Alumni Directory: Drexel's Online Alumni Directory allows you to search for friends, post and view class notes, check out job postings, and register for permanent e-mail forwarding. This exclusive membership is complimentary to Drexel alumni. Be sure to visit the Directory often and keep your information up- to-date. Click here to get started!
The Alumni Association would like to invite you to continue to expand your network of Drexel alumni through these platforms, as well as through our channels like Twitter and YouTube. You can visit drexel.edu/alumni/socialnetworks.asp for a complete list of social networking opportunities.
Should you have any questions, please contact the Office of Alumni Relations at email@example.com
The Drexel University Alumni Association
P.S. Don't forget – if you want to delete or save information from your inCircle profile, this will be your final reminder to do so by December 31, 2012.