August 3, 2015
POSITION: Suite Operations Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Suite Operations
JOB PURPOSE: Works as a team with both on-property operations Team Members and all Executive Team Members to ensure effective, efficient and accurate support.
JOB SUMMARY: The expectation is that this role is dedicated to fulfilling the responsibilities described below for the Senior Vice President, Assets Managing Director, Vice President of Design and Vice President of Suite Operations as needed for design and project management support.
TEAM MEMBER REQUIREMENTS:
Willingness to accept the most effective role.
Function as a representative of the Korman culture and standards to all Team Members and our residents.
Maintains regular attendance in compliance with the Korman standards.
Approach all encounters with residents and Team Members in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
Promotes a safe, secure and healthy work environment.
Maintains Resident/guest privacy and confidentiality by protecting all personal information.
Familiar with emergency and safety procedures for your role.
Adheres to Korman Communities Image Requirements policy.
Be willing to travel 80% of the time to all of the AKA / Korman Communities markets.
Optimize the suite operations by assisting in the development of SOP’s and developing cost savings analysis.
Maintain and expand a positive working relationship with existing and new vendor relationships and increase purchasing power.
Coordinate and implement special project enhancements and logistics.
Create project and capex budgets.
Work independently and within a team on special, nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
Responsible for maintaining confidentiality regarding all matters.
Schedules and organizes activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for all members of the department.
Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls.
Acts as a liaison with other departments and vendors, including high-level staff such as CEOs, presidents, senior vice presidents and managers. Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
Coordinate orders and invoicing for the design and asset team.
Participate in new systems and design initiatives.
General follow-up for property specific requests like furniture replacement needs, schedule deliveries, vendor payment, etc.
Assist with information gathering from yardi and other sources into specific templates, reports and identify trends.
Report management; follow-up on reports, collect information from submitted reported, enter information into specified templates to ensure standards are being implemented accordingly.
Update order guides and communicate with vendors to ensure pricing, lead times, contacts, terms, product numbers/descriptions are current and order guides updated via online and/or emailed to all Team Members.
AKA Way portal updating.
Develop and maintain design and suite specification books including care instructions, warranties, pictorial photo guides for brand and property specific suite presentation standards, etc.
FF&E installations: attend all FF&E installations to understand placement and perform furniture inventory and condition approval of final products received.
Compile team member feedback, trends, order histories and expense / budgetary information to support report development.
Perform asset walks of the AKA properties develop an improvement plan report for further review, decision making and the capex budget process.
Assist with related administrative responsibilities such as photocopying, faxing, scanning and filing and collating.
Make travel arrangements as requested.
Other responsibilities as assigned.
Strong guest/resident service, problem solving and decision making skills.
Strong appreciation for design and a design background.
Must be an energetic, self-starter and self-motivating.
Must have a “can do” positive attitude.
Superior organizational skills.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Possess exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
Strong time management, organizational skills with an emphasis on attention to detail.
Must be pro-active and have the ability to anticipate future needs.
Must be able to interact with a diversified group of people both internally and externally.
High school degree or equivalent.
Meticulous attention to detail
Must be extremely flexible and adaptable to daily frequent changes in a fast pace environment.
Must have proficient knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MSWord, Excel, Access, Adobe, PowerPoint)
Skills Needed: Motivational, verbal communication, written communication and manageability.
Must be willing to travel to the properties.
Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs.
Sits, stands, bends, stretches, lifts items and moves frequently during working hours.
Interested candidates should contact:
Nicole Diodati, PHR, SHRM-CP
Human Resources Managerndiodati@korman.com
August 3, 2015
Zavino Wine Bar Pizzeria is hiring servers for their locations in Midtown Village and Unversity City.
Interested candidates should email Jason Brooke, director of opeations at Jason@Zavino.com
The Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group is one of the world’s largest and most dynamic hotel companies. We have a fantastic portfolio of 1,319 hotels in operation and under development, a global footprint covering 81 countries and territories and a powerful set of global brands: Radisson Blu, Radisson, Park Plaza, Park Inn by Radisson, Country Inns & Suites By Carlson and Hotel Missoni.
Radisson Blu creates iconic buildings with individual interiors invoking an inviting, exciting ambiance and offering a holistic hospitality experience that is totally relevant to now. Radisson Blu flagship properties can be found in prime locations, including major cities, airport gateways and leisure destinations around the world.
Radisson Blu Hotels & Resorts, currently operates more than 230 hotels worldwide, with another 51 projects under development. Radisson Blu is a first class full service hotel brand with key differentiators such as the 100% Guest Satisfaction Guarantee and the Yes I Can! spirit of service.
For more information on our brands and services, please visit our website at http://www.carlson.com
We have an exciting opportunity for undergraduate interns for the fall of 2015 in our sales department!
The Sales Intern will support the sales & marketing and catering efforts of the hotel and provide administrative and general support to the sales & marketing and catering teams in a variety of administrative activities including but not limited to: maintenance of existing business clientele relationships, take the initial inquiry call or email, assist the customer and connecting with the appropriate sales or catering sales manager, ensure maximum profitability for the hotel and quality service for guests, word processing, account management, presentation preparation and customer follow-up and performing and coordinating all other administrative duties related to the sales process. The Sales Intern will be working on a part-time basis, budgeted at 24 hours per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Support the daily office activities of the sales team:
∙ Interact effectively with the sales team and customers
∙ Maintain customer database with key customer information
∙ Ensure all documents produced for the sales & marketing team (i.e. BEO's, contracts, rooming lists,
proposals) are completed accurately and on time
∙ Maintain a filing system and file all sales records, correspondence and other miscellaneous items
∙ Schedule appointments; make travel arrangements; reserve conference rooms for clients and/or
members of the sales and marketing team
Effectively support the sales process:
∙ Maintain thorough knowledge of the hotel's sales policies and procedures
∙ Assist in coordinating sales blitzes including communication with new prospects
∙ Assist sales & marketing team with creative marketing projects, such as proposals, advertisements
And special event invitations
∙ Build relationships with customers by responding to requests for information about hotel products
∙ Ensure customer service inquiries are promptly handled via telephone, mail and fax
∙ Send information to guests that inquire about the property
∙ Manage office supplies, sales & marketing collateral and client gifts/promotional items for the team
∙ Work directly with Meeting Broker as the main point of contact for the receipt and redirection of all
sales and catering leads
∙ Work as the liaison between the sales & marketing and catering departments and all other
∙ Prepare all email blasts and mail for distribution on a daily basis and as marketing efforts are
Support special projects as required:
∙ Assist with ad hoc database management to support sales & marketing strategies and tactics
∙ Produce special reports as needed for the sales & marketing team
The ideal candidate will be:
∙ Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program and have a minimum GPA of 3.0
∙ Customer oriented and have a friendly demeanor
∙ Confident and motivated
∙ Organized and must demonstrate strong multi tasking skills in a fast-paced environment
∙ Have a team spirit and at the same time be independent
∙ An effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills
∙ Have time management skills
∙ Detail oriented and analytical
∙ Knowledgeable of hotel sales and/or catering processes
∙ Have sales experience in a similar position
∙ Have prior customer service experience
∙ Have a genuine “Yes I Can!” attitude
∙ Able to work evenings and weekends as required
∙ Proficient in basic office applications and demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Word/Excel and
∙Sitting for extended period of time
∙Occasional long periods of standing
∙No heavy lifting expected, exertion of up to 25 pounds of force occasionally may be required
∙Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment
Please send resumes directly to Bonnie.Wissner@radisson.com
The Maryland Live Casino Internal Auditor is responsible for reviewing procedures in place to maintain compliance with federal, state, local, and Company requirements and reports where system weakness are identified.
• CLEAN - Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat, CLEAN and crisp personal appearance.
• SAFE - Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry-free, carefree experience.
• FAST - Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
• FRIENDLY - Greet guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guests concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
• FUN - Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plans and executes a comprehensive internal audit program, including preparation of financial, regulatory and process assessment.
• Conducts periodic audits to examine and analyze financial, operating, and administrative records to determine compliance with Maryland Live! Casino policies and procedures.
• Prepares reports for management describing the results of audit examinations, including recommendations for improvement.
• Assists with internal investigations.
• Responsible for internal audit activity for the casino, and other Maryland Live! Casino functional areas.
• Oversees the implementation of internal controls and policies.
• Answers internal policy inquiries from management and staff.
• Maintains updated knowledge of gaming laws and regulations applicable to areas of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
• Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in internal audit and/or finance operations, preferable in the hospitality industry.
• A 4-year degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field or equivalent work experience.
• CPA and/or CIA certifications would be a plus.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid gaming license as determined by the Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency for the position.
Maryland Live! Casino is located at the Arundel Mills Mall, providing the ideal setting for those seeking dynamic gaming entertainment with the convenience of world-class retail and dining experiences, all at one location. The freestanding casino will enhance the Arundel Mills Commercial District, already the #1 tourist destination in Maryland, attracting more than 14 million visitors per year. The Arundel Mills Commercial District currently offers 3 million-square-feet of retail, entertainment and commercial space and more than 1,400 hotel rooms. Located mid-way between Baltimore and Washington, D.C., Maryland Live! Casino will tap into one of the densest regional markets in the U.S.
July 16, 2015
27 W. Main Street
Maple Shade Nj, 08052
Line Cook / For Pasta Station
Menu consist of four pastas that are interchangeable with four sauces.
Specials vary week to week.
Full menu can be seen at http://www.tacconellispizzerianj.com/menu/
When Tacconelli's moved to its new location on Main Street in Maple Shade, we added a pasta line as a vessel to continue to learn and expand. Although we are primarily a pizzeria, pasta sales have done exceptionally well. I need a pasta chef who can run the line and have my full trust. The job will consist of showing up at 3pm. You'll have one hour to set the station and finish any prep started by myself in the morning. This can consist of finishing/making sauces, portioning, general prep. During the course of the night you will confidently run the pasta line as well as help the chef on salad/dessert. It is a two person team, we all work together. We stop seating at 9:30. At this time we all sit down as a family and enjoy a nice meal. Following dinner (optional) the station gets cleaned and you will be on your way home!
We are a very tight nit staff. We sit down every night at 9:30 and eat as a family to digest the night, resolve issues and leave with a smile. We are looking for more then a cook. We want a new additional to the tacconelli family!
Hourly Wage ( $12 - $14 )
-Work Weekends 3pm - 10pm (avg)
-Good knife skills (or willingness to practice and get better)
-Ability to Learn
July 16, 2015
Founded initially after September 11th, 2001, the Restaurant Opportunities Center (ROC) has grown into a national organization with 14,000 low-wage restaurant worker members in more than a dozen locations, and growing rapidly. Over the last thirteen years, we have won more than a dozen workplace justice campaigns, winning more than $10 million in misappropriated tips and wages and discrimination payments for low-wage workers, and significant policy changes in high-profile fine dining restaurant companies covering thousands of workers. We have partnered with more than 100 responsible restaurant owners to promote the ‘high road’ to profitability, and trained more than 5000 restaurant workers to advance to livable wage jobs within the industry. We have also published more than two dozen ground-breaking reports on the restaurant industry, obtaining significant media coverage, played an instrumental role in winning a statewide minimum wage increase for tipped workers, and initiated other policy campaigns at the local, state, and federal level. We have organized restaurant workers to open their own cooperatively-owned restaurants in New York and Detroit.
• Assist with daily administrative functions such as scheduling/calendaring, answering emails and phones, data support and database management, as well as coordination of meetings/engagements based on understanding of Executive office priorities and commitments.
• Provide comprehensive travel arrangement support.
• Reconcile monthly credit card statement and process expenses for travel, supplies and various Executive office needs.
• Maintain clear and consistent communication with Directors for follow through on tasks and assignments, as they pertain to Executive Director/Managing Director.
• Assist with content management and program support functions, including logging live meeting notes, operationalizing workflow systems, drafting documents, maintaining files and records, and appropriately archiving program-related information.
• Field queries from general public, partners, stakeholders, media professionals/journalists and direct them to appropriate ROC departments as needed.
• Independently draft and design visual presentations, using graphics and data visualization tools as needed. Prepare Directors to be presentation-ready for public appearances, speaking gigs, trainings and consultations.
• Produce professional correspondence, including drafting memos, letters, e-mail templates, meeting agendas.
• Conduct basic research as needed.
• Update and monitor Directors’ social media accounts daily to strategically assist with outreach and dissemination efforts
• Work independently and as part of a team on both special/nonrecurring and ongoing projects, performing event planning, project management and data generation duties as needed.
To perform this job successfully, candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Superior and continual attention to detail and follow up. This job requires expansive ability to manage large amounts of correspondence, information and expectations to help Executive office function smoothly.
• Ability to multitask and handle competing demands; prioritize and manage focus and productivity effectively; ability to manage time and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and demonstrate strong initiative, creativity and innovation without continuous supervision
• Excellent writing, editing and proofing skills.
• Ability to be discreet and judicious with non-routine and private information.
• High level of interpersonal skills to handle time-sensitive and confidential situations with professionalism. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
• Superior organizational skills, and the ability to iteratively create, implement, and maintain systems to improve the efficiency of the office.
• Relentless work ethic
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills (oral and written)
• Proficiency in Mac interfaces and all Microsoft Office applications.
• Familiarity with and commitment to racial and social justice; clear understanding of ROC's mission and programs.
• High school diploma or GED; college or business school diploma a plus.
• 3-5 years in an administrative position
• Nonprofit experience, bilingual skills a plus
• Graphic design, data visualization and presentation support skills a plus
• Familiarity with Salesforce.com a plus
Dining Room Service Instructor
Culinary Institute of America faculty members are responsible for teaching students, developing curriculum, conducting research and organizing conferences and retreats to a high standard of professionalism. The responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to: preparing lesson plans, teaching and evaluating students, preparing and revising course guides and other educational materials, and developing the intellectual property of the college. Faculty members also provide professional and career advice for students pursuing careers in the food service industry, maintain office hours, assist students who are having difficulty with studies, and honor college policies. Faculty are also expected to contribute to the overall operation of the college and support the mission of the Institute, by acting as Ambassadors of the Culinary Institute of America.
• Prepares daily instructional lesson plans and instructs in a manner consistent with the philosophy, policies, and guidelines of the college.
• Instructs lectures and hands-on classes on campus, off campus or remotely to a standard consistent with the professional standards of the CIA.
• Works individually as an advisor for students who may need extra help, who have questions about course information, who want career guidance, or who need assistance in their studies.
• Provide regular and constructive feedback to students in an objective, consistent, and timely manner; evaluates and documents student performance using established methods and criteria; files course grades consistently and without prejudice.
• With colleagues, prepares, reviews, and revises course guides, syllabi, and appropriate curriculum materials for courses offered at the Institute, and any other educational materials required.
• Conducts instruction and table service in an exemplary manner consistent with the professional standards of the Institute, and within budgetary limits.
• Teaches assigned courses following the schedule and curriculum provided for each course.
• Supervises students in delivering quality hospitality and service according to college guidelines.
• Enforces sanitation principles (appropriate to particular teaching assignment), attendance policies, Institute’s Professionalism, Uniform, and Hygiene Policy, and other academic policies.
• Assumes responsibility for equipment and facilities of the kitchen, bakeshop, pastry shop, dining room, or classrooms.
• Stays abreast of new developments in the food service and hospitality industries; plans on an annual basis, professional development; and strives to accomplish the goals set out in the formal annual plan.
• Supports the mission and policies of the Institute as well as the overall strategic direction.
• Contributes to the growth of the college by serving on committees or task forces, assisting with visitors, recommending students and potential employees, and displaying hospitality.
• Develops menus, planning documents and organizational plans for conferences, retreats and any other event as required.
• Performs duties common to all Culinary Institute employees and other duties as assigned.
• Associates (CIA preferred) in hospitality or business related concentration
• Five years of demonstrated progressive growth and development in hospitality and service delivery management positions in conceptually relevant food service models
• Bachelors degree in hospitality or related business concentration
• Strong interpersonal skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively work with multiple teams across the organization.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Ability to use sound judgment and discretion in handling sensitive student issues with confidentiality and discretion.
• Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills required.
• Strong computer experience, which must include abilities to work effectively with MS Office suite products, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Moderate to strong organizational skills, detail oriented and thorough.
• Ability to work independently or in a team environment, and maintain collaborative relationships with all members of the hospitality and service management team as well as chef partners.
• Must have an excellent and welcoming presence in front of guests and employees. Moderate to strong presentation skills are required.
• Must have the ability to lift fifty (50) pounds on a frequent basis.
• Able to bend, stoop or reach as needed.
• Ability to stand and work for extended periods of time (6 hours) such as in restaurant/BQT service.
To apply please go to www.ciachef.edu/hr
July 15, 2015
Zavino Wine Bar Pizzeria is hiring part-time hosts and bussers/runners for their locations in Midtown Village and Unversity City.
Interested candidates should email Jason Brooke, director of opeations at Jason@Zavino.com
July 14, 2015
Small Private Club on the Main Line Seeks New Head Chef and Banquet Manager
The Cynwyd Club (www.cynwydclub.com
), a small private club on Philadelphia's Main Line, seeks a new head chef and banquet manager. The Club seeks to hire an organized, transformative chef who can drive increased member dining and who can also increase the Club's nascent banquet business.
Duties will include:
• Overall management of the Club’s food and beverage operations, including liquor sales, with direct reporting to the Club’s General Manager
• Preparing dinner for Club members 5 days a week from a chef-driven rotating menu
• Working to expand member dining to include weekend dining and, possibly, weekday lunch
• Tracking and controlling food costs
• With the assistance of the Club's financial personnel, preparing and presenting a monthly P&L for the Club's food and beverage business
• Aggressively marketing and increasing the Club's banquet and party business and sharing financially in this increase
• Supervising food prep/dishwasher staff and dining room wait staff
• Interacting with the Club’s Food & Beverage Committee to drive optimum member/guest experience at regular dining and at special events
• Sustaining a regular, visible presence in dining room to ensure member feedback is incorporated into food and beverage offering
The position is salaried at $40,000 a year plus benefits, paid vacation and a bonus plan which allows a qualified candidate to share in any increased in banquet revenue driven by the candidate.
This position is the perfect opportunity for a skilled chef looking to run his or her own operation working regular hours supported by solid administrative staff.
The Club intends to make a hire before the end of the summer, ideally in July.
Qualified candidates should direct a resume and cover letter to the Club's General Manager, Shane Coleman @ firstname.lastname@example.org
. No phone calls, please. Equal Opportunity Employer
Company Description: Special Olympics PA – Philadelphia’s mission is to provide year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community.
Interscholastic Unified Sports Coordinator
Position Description: This intern will work with the Director of Interscholastic Unified Sports in the execution of our bocce, soccer and track and field programs within local elementary, middle and high schools. Meeting with school staff at participating locations to develop and cultivate relationships, to provide them necessary information to help successfully run the program, offer support to teachers for training, competition, and in-school youth leadership initiatives.
The intern will take a hands-on role in understanding the program budget, financial protocols (purchase orders, check requests and expense reports) and aid in the reporting required by the grant that funds this in-school program. This individual may also be responsible for setting up training and competition events: carrying/loading equipment, lining fields, setting up nets, keeping score, etc.
Outreach and Communications Coordinator
Position Description: This intern will work with the Director of Interscholastic Unified Sports in the execution of our bocce, soccer and track and field programs within local elementary, middle and high schools. Meeting with school staff at participating locations to develop and cultivate relationships, to provide them necessary information to help successfully run the program, offer support to teachers for training, competition, and in-school youth leadership initiatives. The intern will take a hands-on role in understanding the program budget, financial protocols (purchase orders, check requests and expense reports) and aid in the reporting required by the grant that funds this in-school program. This individual may also be responsible for setting up training and competition events: carrying/loading equipment, lining fields, setting up nets, keeping score, etc. This position will require the individual to travel to the various schools throughout Philadelphia and therefore must have their own transportation/vehicle. Compensation will be provided for mileage or expenses beyond regular daily commute to and from the office. This position will work regularly out of the Special Olympics - PA Philadelphia location listed below.
This position will require the individual to travel to the various schools throughout Philadelphia and therefore must have their own transportation/vehicle. Compensation will be provided for mileage or expenses beyond regular daily commute to and from the office. This position will work regularly out of the Special Olympics - PA Philadelphia location listed below. Qualifications: Recommended Qualifications: Microsoft Office, Word Press, Social Media (Facebook and Twitter), experience writing press releases and news articles. This person needs to be personable, self-motivated, strategic, creative and innovative. The ideal candidate must be comfortable in public settings, meeting new people and speaking to groups. Overall, this person should be upbeat, positive and fun!
Sports Training & Competition Coordinator
Position Description: As the Sports Training and Competition Coordinator, this candidate will work directly with the Sports Director. Assisting in the development, planning and execution of all our Fall, Winter and Spring sport offerings, this individual will gain hands on experience in the programming world of organized sports. This individual will learn both the in-field and administrative side of the Sports Director position. The hours for the internship are flexible pending upon course requirements. It may have an occasional evening or weekend requirement that would be included in the weekly hours. The ideal candidate is a hardworking, motivated and a driven individual. They are a self-starter, strategic and analytic. Working in this role, one is required to be patient and respectful as our participants who have intellectual disabilities. This position will work out of the office (must have own transportation), although there can be opportunities to work remotely for the right candidate.
Additional Qualifications: Pre-Employment Screening Requirements : Background check Internship Hours: Flexible depending upon student’s credit requirements
Interview Instructions: To schedule an interview, please email Britt Kleine - email@example.com
. Please list the job title of the position you wish to apply for in the subject line.
Employer's Location: 2900 Southampton Road, Philadelphia, PA 19154
July 8, 2015
Flyers Charities are looking for students to help sell 50/50 raffle tickets during all Flyers home games and events. This is a great opportunity for students to get exposure and network within the industry, while earning credit for school (if required). See below for more details pertaining to this position.
Why Flyers Charities:
Since its inception Flyers Charities, has contributed over $26 million to charity. The funds raised during the annual Flyers Wives Carnival and other Flyers Charities fundraising events have helped support hundreds of non-profit organizations throughout the Greater Philadelphia Region. Flyers Charities prides itself on helping support not just one, but a multitude of worthy non-profit organizations that benefit everything from important healthcare initiatives such as: heart health, stroke, and cancer awareness to various youth recreation programs and plenty more.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for candidates to be part of our raffle program who are self-motivated, energetic and reliable. Sellers must be team players and able to work in a fast paced environment, interacting with thousands of fans each game. Good communication skills and experience in sales is strongly preferred. This is a great part-time job for someone eager to break into the industry and gain experience in sales and working with a non-profit agency.
If any student is interested in applying for the position, please have them send their resume to Brianna Amato at firstname.lastname@example.org
Prior sales experience in sports/entertainment is strongly preferred. The sellers will take an active role in a fundraising program that takes place during all Flyers home games (pre-season, regular season and playoffs) along with some special events. The program requires you to be flexible and work in high-pressure situations. Staffers will be educated in the following: non-profit sales, fundraising, networking, public relations, and sales. Game night staff must demonstrate exceptional oral and written communication skills. Familiarity with sales and customer service a plus. Goal oriented; works well independently and is self-motivated. Available to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
• Required to attend 80% of all Flyers home games (pre-season, regular season and playoffs) at Wells Fargo Center, assisting with Flyers Charities 50/50 Raffle program.
• Game night staff will help sell raffle tickets at either a stationary touch-screen kiosk or will be responsible to roam a designated area of the concourse/arena. Those not at a stationary unit will receive a mobile handheld device and mobile printer.
• Game night staff will be responsible and accountable for all cash sales, as all units must be reconciled correctly throughout the game.
• Sellers are expected to have an outgoing personality to encourage attendees to purchase. Prior sales experience a plus.
• Must arrive at least 45 minutes prior to arena doors opening (example: some doors open at 5:30 p.m. for a 7 p.m. Flyers game, therefore, sellers are asked to arrive promptly by 4:45 p.m. to get ready and go over information pertaining to the game).
• All raffle sellers are expected to wear their uniform when working (jacket, ball cap and black pants), an apron and buttons will be provided every game. Comfortable shoes are highly recommended.
• Should have knowledge of Flyers Charities and the organizations that are supported.
• Nights and/or weekends are required.
June 30, 2015
Landmark Event Staffing Services is the premier provider of crowd management and event services. At Landmark, our mission is to provide the industry's best crowd management and guest services with a focus on being "client friendly, fan friendly, and employee friendly."
The Event Manager, On-boarding position will deal with all aspects of security and event management. This is a full-time position based out of the Pittsburgh office. The position is a part of our On-boarding program intended to train potential managers.
The position will be involved with but not limited to:
Assisting the office staff to prepare for concerts at First Niagara Pavilion & Stage AE, Pitt, Penn State, and Steelers football games, Pitt & Duquesne basketball games, and other events, as well as perform other administrative tasks such as interviewing, training, scheduling, building event boxes, budgeting, preparing deployments, etc.
Working the actual events at First Niagara Pavilion, Heinz Field, Stage AE, and The Petersen Events Center. This position will play a key role in overseeing the parking, ticket scanning, ushering, guest services, and security functions for events at these venues.
This position teaches the potential on-boarder how to plan and prepare for large scale events.
Relevant experience in Event Management, preferably in Sports and/or Entertainment
Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Strong communication skills including experience in speaking to large groups or crowds
Able to perform well in high stress environments and situations
Able to handle working long hours on their feet in constantly changing weather elements
Strong drive for success
Willingness to learn, take direction and constructive criticism
Cover letters should be addressed to:
Landmark Event Staffing Services, Inc.
Attn: Mark Kranske
1501 Reedsdale St, Suite 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa 15233
June 30, 2015
Objective: The Drexel Wrestling staff is seeking a qualified individual that possesses the attitude and skills necessary to take their marketing/promotional efforts to the next level during the 2015-‐16 wrestling season (September to April – potential to be ongoing).
Drexel Wrestling Information: “Bring the HEAT” has recently been adopted as the mantra for the Drexel wrestling program. HEAT is an acronym for: Heart, Enthusiasm, Attitude, and Together. Every member of the Drexel wrestling program is expected to “Bring the HEAT” in all areas of their life (athletics, academics, social, etc.). Drexel wrestlers are not only expected to be highly competitive in athletics, but also leaders in the classroom and the community. With this and other marketing initiatives already in place, the program is looking for an individual who has the drive to help us improve the marketing of our program in the future. “Gold Standard” Marketing: The Drexel wrestling program has been involved in a wide variety of marketing initiatives that will help point the marketing intern in
the right direction. In addition to our social media platforms; Instagram, Facebook (2500+ likes), and Twitter (5500+ followers), the program has also developed a plan to market/promote our home competitions around campus and the surrounding communities. The program is looking for an
individual to help with these efforts as well as develop new and creative ideas to take our marketing to the next level.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
➢➢ Working with current staff to develop a marketing plan
➢➢ Assist in the operation of social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter)
➢➢ Meet with current staff on a weekly basis
➢➢ Help develop videos/graphics to promote program branding online and on campus
➢➢ Attend home competitions/assist in game-‐day marketing operations
➢➢ Must have a personable demeanor, creative & proactive approach to problem solving
➢➢ Knowledge of marketing and social media sites (preferred)
➢➢ Use of Microsoft office/Photoshop
➢➢ Individuals with experience in graphic design/video editing would be a plus (not required)
All interested applicants should send their cover letter and resume to Zack Sheaffer
) no later than October 1st, 2015.
June 30, 2015
The Philadelphia Freedoms professional tennis team is looking for volunteers for their upcoming season in July at Villanova University! The Freedoms are looking for volunteers in the following areas; ushers, ticket takers, hospitality, and operations (set up/tear down). Volunteers are not required to work every night and are able work different jobs throughout the season. If you are looking for experience in the sports industry this could be for you.
• Ticket takers, ushers and hospitality volunteers must be available on the following dates from 5pm-11pm: July 16, 17, 19, 20, 23, 26, and 28.
• Operations volunteers must be available on the following dates: July 13, 14, 15, 20, 23, and 26 (Times will be provided at a later date.
• Volunteers must be able to find transportation to and from Villanova University. The venue is a 5 minute walk from Villanova Station which is easily accessed from the Paoli/Thorndale Line that departs from 30th Street Station.
June 30, 2015
The Philadelphia Eagles are known as one of the more progressive organizations in professional sports and have come to be considered one of the most storied sports franchises in history. As an organization the Philadelphia Eagles are both an exciting and demanding place to work fueled by passion, dedication, and a commitment to the community and the Eagles Youth Partnership.
The Eagles Football Internship is an experiential academic program that involves students learning and assisting with the business and operations side of the organization. The internship is rigorous and will require a significant time commitment. Although our interns’ tasks vary, the majority of the internship involves assisting with ground-level jobs required to help our football organization run at the highest level. Daily tasks may include data input, research projects, internet and social media based research, and administrative duties. This is for students who want to work hard and are willing to sacrifice most of their time away from school to build experience and contribute to the success of the Philadelphia Eagles. The internship will start at the beginning of August and will run for a year.
Integrity & Values – can be trusted to act in a manner that is truthful; values direct, honest communication at all levels of the organization; conduct is professional and representative of the high values of the Philadelphia Eagles organization.
Attitude – brings positive energy when entering the room; works well with others and shows enthusiasm for the task at hand, no matter how big or how small; has no sense of entitlement; is focused on team oriented goals instead of self gain.
Effort – gives full effort regardless of the situation; works hard even when not getting recognized or receiving credit; works until tasks are finished correctly; wants to learn and get better each day.
Accountability – can manage a busy schedule without missing obligations; always early and prepared; consistent; finishes what is started; does not make excuses.
For more information, or if you are interested in applying, please contact: Tyler Monk TMonk@Eagles.nfl.com
Please limit all follow up questions and inquiries to Tyler Monk