December 19, 2014
Dogfish Head Brewings & Eats is seeking an Off-Centered Chef to join the ranks of our top notch Brewpub leadership group in sunny Rehoboth Beach, DE. Reporting to the Executive Chef, you will be responsible for all day-to-day back of house operations to include driving an awesome coworker experience, exceeding guest expectations, ensuring quality, consistency and safety in our food program, and creating a kitchen environment where teaching and learning is paramount. The ideal candidate will be fluent in safety and sanitation, helping to create policies and procedures to elevate standards and ensure compliance. The Chef will understand and cherish the Dogfish experience and aim to infuse off-centeredness into our cuisine by collaborating with the Executive Chef on menu concept and design. As a leader of the Dogfish management team, you will be called upon to embrace and expand what we do awesome and rethink and change what has room to improve. This role is not for the meek or mild, you must be one who thrives in an environment of change and can in turn sell it to your people. You’ll also play an active role in the communities in which we’re members, to include our Rehoboth Beach home, craft beer worlds and foodie enthusiast groups alike. You’ll be a part of it all!
The successful candidate will be an experienced chef with a minimum of 6-8 years progressive back of house management experience. Restaurant experience gained in an established brewpub setting is also a gigantic plus for the right candidate! Been there done that experience in a high volume/high output establishment is a high must! At Dogfish we carefully select managers based on the three-legged stool of people leadership, technical excellence and fit within our incredible off-centered culture. We’re looking for a dynamic individual who rocks a passion for this industry, our amazing eats and off-centered ales and lives to bring this passion to life for others. Our restaurant is open seven days a week, year-round, for both lunch and dinner and employs a seasonally fluctuating team of 60-100+ coworkers.
Sous Chef Posting
Dogfish Head Brewings & Eats is seeking an Off-Centered Sous Chef to join the ranks of our top notch Brewpub in sunny Rehoboth Beach, DE. Reporting to the Chef, you will be responsible for assisting in all day-to-day back of house operations to include driving an awesome coworker experience, exceeding guest expectations, ensuring quality, consistency and safety in our food program, and creating a kitchen environment where teaching and learning is paramount. You will be called upon to ensure a seamless transition of our delectable eats from our culinary team to our service team. The ideal candidate will be fluent in safety and sanitation, helping to enforce policies and procedures to elevate standards and ensure compliance. The Sous Chef will understand and cherish the Dogfish experience and aim to infuse off-centeredness into our cuisine by collaborating with the culinary leadership on menu concept and design. This role is not for the meek or mild, you must be one who thrives in an environment of change and can in turn sell it to your people.
The successful candidate will be an experienced chef with a minimum of 5-7 years progressive back of house management experience. Restaurant experience gained in an established brewpub setting is also a gigantic plus for the right candidate! Been there done that experience in a high volume/high output establishment is a high must! At Dogfish we carefully select managers based on the three-legged stool of people leadership, technical excellence and fit within our incredible off-centered culture. We’re looking for a dynamic individual who rocks a passion for this industry, our amazing eats and off-centered ales and lives to bring this passion to life for others. Our restaurant is open seven days a week, year-round, for both lunch and dinner and employs a seasonally fluctuating team of 60-100+ coworkers.
Do you think you’ve got the stuff?
If so, please send your resume, including cover letter and salary requirement to email@example.com
. We offer competitive compensation commensurate with experience and education, and our benefits package is top notch. Proud to be EOE.
December 11, 2014
The Mainland Inn located in the Northern suburbs of Philadelphia opening this fall seeks a Chef de Partie to join our team. The restaurant seats 100 guests in the dining area and 40 in the bar and will be open Tuesday through Saturday for dinner. Our goal is to provide our guests with a unique dining experience that highlights the farm as well our local farming community. The cuisine will be product driven, emphasizing technique as well as the environmental and nutritional impact of the product we serve.
The successful candidate will have at least two years of of line cook experience in a fine dining kitchen, a strong sense of responsibility, and a desire to progress in their career. Candidates should also have an interest in the local sustainable food movement. The primary responsibilities for this position are to organize execute the meat or fish station, work with junior staff, and assist the executive chef and sous chef in ordering, menu development, and quality control.
The successful candidate will have at least two years of of line cook or sous chef experience in a product driven dining environment, a strong sense of responsibility, and a desire to progress in their career.
To apply, please send us a your resume along with a cover letter.
17 Mainland Road
Harleysville, PA firstname.lastname@example.org
December 16, 2014
a restaurant group in the Philadelphia with a state of the art bakery from which they supply their own multi-branded restaurants and catering company as well as wholesale accounts is looking to grow the business and in order to do so, they are looking for a strong Head Baker. The ideal candidate will be a talented baker (of both breads and pastries) as well as a true businessperson, someone strong in managing the business and training and developing their people.
December 9 , 2014
Cattail Creek is a private country club located in Western Howard County Maryland. The club has a beautiful 18-hole golf course, 7 Har-tru tennis courts, and a fitness center. The club’s food & beverage operation oversees and encompasses a standard restaurant, a pool cafe, 200+ hosted special social
functions for the membership, approximately 15 charitable golf outings, and many private events hosted by individuals. The club has roughly 600 members. Cattail Creek is known for being family-friendly, having excellent junior programs, and for having a very packed social calendar of events.
• Manage a staff of 45 that includes servers, bartenders, back-servers, bussers, hosts, pool café
managers & attendants, beverage cart, and refreshment room attendants.
• Assume an active role in the hiring, training, coaching, and disciplining of above-mentioned frontof-
• Develop and enforce effective staff training, incentive, and motivational programs that also foster
productive mentoring relationships with them.
• Commit to creating a continuous teaching environment that focuses on staff timeliness,
productivity, proper food service etiquette, uniform & cleanliness standards.
Restaurant & Operational Responsibilities
• Effectively communicate with the chef and sous chef through the duration of meal services.
• Manage the online reservation system to monitor projected attendance in the restaurant and at
• Oversee standard restaurant lunch & dinner services, special club functions, and private events.
• Interact and communicate with the membership to ensure they have had an enjoyable experience.
• Assist in the set-up and break-down of special events buffets, stations, and tables.
• Make regular trips around the clubhouse to ensure staff is on-task and that the clubhouse has a
well maintained appearance.
• Develop, implement and execute new ideas, methods and procedures to enhance the Member
experience (dining or social).
• Complete proper opening and closing of Clubhouse including staff service meetings, assigning
side-work, education of daily specials.
• Master member interaction (fielding compliments, complaints, insight, suggestions and taking
• Stay true to the Cattail mission statement.
Managerial Business Duties
• Rotate attending monthly House Committee Meetings with other F&B managers.
• Conduct month-end inventories of beverage and snack products.
• Maintain lunch, dinner, dessert, wine menus and proper POS programming.
• Take initiative to become involved in club event planning, promotions, and related
• Place focus on increasing restaurant and special event attendance, revenues, and satisfaction levels.
• 2-year associates degree minimum, 4-year bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 1 - 3 years of F&B supervisory experience.
• Working knowledge of the set-up end of POS systems in an a la carte restaurant.
• 2-year associates degree minimum, 4-year bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 1 - 3 years of F&B supervisory experience.
• Working knowledge of the set-up end of POS systems in an a la carte restaurant.
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Excel, Word & Publisher).
• Strong written & verbal communication skills.
• Exceptional organizational practices and multi-tasking abilities.
• An understanding and passion for delivering high-level customer service.
• Commensurate with experience and education, expected to be $36-38k range.
• Additional benefits include meals, health insurance, personal days, paid vacation time after one
year of service, 401k
• The selected candidate will enjoy a work environment that focuses on shared responsibilities, a
team-approach to management, and cross-training.
The position is immediately available.
Resumes will be accepted through the end of December or until a hire is made.
Submit resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
Dining Room Manager Matthew Ault – email@example.com
No phone calls please.
November 6, 2014
Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge is currently looking for motivated team members looking to gain hotel service experience.
We would like to offer you a unique opportunity: rotating positions that allow you to gain experience as a room attendant, laundry attendant, housekeeping supervisor, and front desk agent. Positions run from May through September. If you have an adventurous spirit and a passion for service excellence, we would love to meet you. Apply today and begin your Alaska journey! This is a great opportunity to see Denali National Park and Mt. McKinley, catch a king salmon, see a bear, or try gold panning in a glacier river.
Visit www.alaskatourjobs.com to apply.
Questions? Email Carissa Mills at firstname.lastname@example.org
November 6, 2014
The Sheraton University City is seeking a Guest Service Agent focused on providing efficient service and creating memorable experiences by making emotional connections with all of our guests. Provide friendly and efficient registration and guest service needs for all guests, while providing the highest level of guest satisfaction. Handle all reports and paperwork accurately and in compliance with all requirements established regarding cash and check handling, posting transactions, credit cards, deposits, adjustments, corrections, transfers and shift balancing.
It is a full time position including benefits and 401k plan.
This is the ideal position for someone who has a passion for guest service, values problem resolution and enjoys working in a fast paced environment.
Experience with Lightspeed or Galaxy PMS is a plus but not required.
Ability to deal with the public in a courteous and professional manner is a must.
Ability to communicate information effectively verbally and in writing.
Must be able to stand and walk continuously throughout work shift.
Must have developed English language skills to be able to participate in discussions, read and write effectively.
Director of Human Resources
Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel
t — 215 387 8000, ext. 600 f — 215 349-6312
philadelphiasheraton.com | like us on facebook
November 6, 2014
A restaurant group in Philadelphia with multiple concepts is in need of an Assistant Baker for their state of the art bakery in King of Prussia. The successful candidate will be strong in bread, bagels, and rolls with an interest in growing with a growing company. This is an overnight position.
October 23, 2014
Assistant Dining Room Manager
Green Valley Country Club
Green Valley Country Club is an upscale, member owned, predominately Jewish club. Established in 1919, the Club boasts a William Flynn Championship 18-hole golf course. In addition, the Club’s 350 member families enjoy other amenities such as indoor and outdoor tennis, a complete swimming complex, fitness center, conference center, card and locker rooms. The dining facilities include a two grill rooms, children’s dining rooms, outdoor patio space, and a ballroom with capacities ranging from 30-330.
Scope of Position
Assist the Dining Room Manager in supervising service personnel to ensure that member and guest satisfaction and presentation standards are consistently attained. Maintain order and cleanliness of dining areas. Supervise the banquet functions for the Club when the Banquet Manager is not available or assist the Banquet Manager during banquet functions.
Must have good communication skills and a dynamic, outgoing personality. Able to work flexible schedule that includes weekends, holidays and split shifts. Good organizational and follow-through skills. Intelligence, a sense of humor and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment are requirements for this position.
Experience in a fine dining or upscale banquet setting is preferred. Club experience is not necessary, but considered a distinct plus. Ideal entry level position for recent hospitality graduate and wonderful growth opportunity for the right person.
An excellent benefit package including health, life, 401K, vacation, holiday bonus and professional dues and education expenses.
Send Resumes to
Please send cover letters and resumes to:
Jim Coffey, CCM
Green Valley Country Club
October 14, 2014
The Rittenhouse Hotel is looking for a part-time, unpaid intern to assist with desserts for banquets and hotel ammenities, cakes, etc.
October 14, 2014
The Rittenhouse Hotel is hiring for a full time pastry cook. This position would involve dessert execution for banquets as well as some hotel ammenities, cakes etc. The Rittenhouse Hotel is looking for someone who is experienced in pastry production and manages their time well.
October 9 , 2014
Wednesday, October 15
9am - 6pm
Shetaton Atlantic City
Convention Center Hotel
MGM Resorts International develops, builds and operates unique destination resorts designed to provide a total resort experience, including first-class accomodations and dining, world-class entertainment, state-of-the-art meeting and convention facilities, and high-quality retail and gaming experiences. MGM Resorts International, a global gaming and hospitality industry leader, is seeking experienced talent for positions in:
- Las Vegas, NV
- Reno, NV
- Detroit, MI
- Biloxi, MS
- Tunica, MS
Our company continues to enjoy sustained growth as we expand into new markets, creating long term career opportunties for individuals committed to delivering world-class guest service. We currently have a wide range of line-level, management and leadership roles available in divisions throughout our organization. MGM Resorts International offers employees an exciting array of perks, including:
- Competitivive wages
- Best-in-class comprehensive benefits
- Award-winning professional development programs
- Discounts to shows, restaurants adn more!
Visit www.mgmresortscareers.com to explore our current opportunities. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions. Come to ourJob Fair event to learn more!
October 6, 2014
Di Bruno Bros. has several job openings currently available for catering event servers, dispatch delivery drivers and production cooks.
Catering Event Server responsibilities may vary from job to job. In general all servers are responsible for the following duties and services:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Provide strong communication amongst other team members and management amongst the need of the client.
2. Follow through with assignments in a reasonable manner given by the event supervisor.
3. Exceed client expectations by providing a high level of customer service.
4. Report any issues to the event supervisor immediately.
5. The ideal candidate must have at least 3 or more years of serving experience in a restaurant or catering setting.
6.General knowledge of the food and beverage industry is preferred.
7.Event Servers will need to be able to focus on the task at hand while standing on his/her feet for long periods of time, as well as moving about freely. At the same time servers must present the ability to carry and lift items from 25-50 pounds as needed.
Dispatch Driver is responsible for ensuring that every interaction with Di Bruno Bros.’ clients, both internal and external, exceed their expectation of the Di Bruno Bros.’ experience. This individual will ensure that orders are ready for delivery, load deliveries in to Company vehicles or transportation devices and execute delivery to the client.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Provide superior customer service as defined by Di Bruno Bros. within the scope of Company policy
2. Perform job duties in a manner consistent with Di Bruno Bros.’ philosophy by maximizing productivity and customer service
a. Maintain a positive, can-do attitude and help instill that same attitude within entire team
b. Maintain customer satisfaction through adherence to policies and continually exceeding customer expectations
3. Maintain Standard Operation Procedures for presentation and packaging standards
4. Communicate any changes or needs to the Dispatch Manager
5. Ensure that product deliveries are executed in a timely manner and to customer specifications
a. Bring any customer issues to the attention of the Dispatch Manager
6. Organize and maintain Catering and Dispatch equipment and storage areas
7. Complete daily dry list, side work and cleaning duties as assigned by the Dispatch Manager
8. Assist to receive and store any product being delivered
9. Maintain cleanliness and order and oversee maintenance of all Company vehicles. Immediately report any accidents or violations to Dispatch Manager
10. Maintain cleanliness of all carts, totes and racks used for delivery. This equipment should be cleaned and sanitized daily and power washed on a regular basis as scheduled by the Dispatch Manager.
11. Additional operational duties as assigned
Production Cook is to assist the Culinary Team with production of Catering items. This individual is responsible for ensuring that we exceed customer expectations, communicate with our Associates and meet both Company and departmental objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Provide leadership to take a lead role in production setting
2. In a timely fashion, organize, prepare, and fill food orders according to company specifications and recipes
3. Able to work in a clean, organized, and efficient manner
4. Demonstrate strong communication skills with peers and collaborate with team members
5. Assist to meet performance goals set by the Executive Chef, Catering Chef, and Sous Chefs
6. Ensure safe operating procedures of all equipment, utensils and machinery
7. Utilize safety training in lifting, carrying, hazardous material control, chemical control, first aid and CPR
8. Additional duties as assigned
October 3, 2014
Liberty Hall Pizza, a new wood-fired brick oven pizzeria opening in Lambertville, NJ is seeking experienced pizzamakers and salad station cooks. Be part of the initial culinary team and learn the art of making traditional Neapolitan style pizza!
Anticipated opening Mid November 2014.
Full and Part Time Opportunities available.
Primary duties include:
• Making, stretching, and rolling pizza dough
• Pizza prep including cutting cheese, making sauce, roasting vegetables, cooking meats, etc
• Salad prep including cutting vegetables, making dressings, etc
• Stock pizza and salad lines
• Make pizza and salads during dinner service
• Close and clean the pizza and salad line after dinner service
• Assist with developing seasonal items using fresh and local ingredients
• Verify incoming food and supply orders and correct errors, shortages or surpluses.
• Maintain a clean and organized work area.
• Assist other team members to ensure all kitchen duties are completed within given time restraints.
Must be able to work weekends and holidays
Must be able to work in a fast-paced and high-volume work environment
Must be able to multi-task and work independently
Hourly wage based on experience
October 1, 2014
Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau is looking for an International Tourism Sales Manager. The successful candidate will have 3 plus years of relevant industry experience. And the salary range is 60 -65K.
If you or anyone you know is interested in the position please apply at the link below.
October 1, 2014
Spoonable LLC seeks 2 part-time Production Assistants to join us in our NEW kitchen space in the Pfizer
Launched in September 2011, Spoonable LLC handcrafts decadent confectionery sauces in Brooklyn, NY. We
make our sauces from the highest quality sugar, cream, and butter, and sea salt (sel de Camargue). Spoonable
sauces have won some of the highest culinary awards from the Specialty Food Association, The Gourmet
Retailer and local New York organizations. Spoonable is carried in over 150 high-end gourmet food stores
throughout the USA such as Whole Foods, West Elm’s Market, Murray’s and Zingerman’s. We also export to
fine stores in Japan (Seibu Department store), the UK (Harrods), France and Hong Kong.
Due to our significant growth we are looking for several Production Assistants to help us scale-up our
production while maintaining our signature product quality.
As Production Assistant, you will be responsible for:
• Preparing, producing, and packaging wholesale and food-service orders
• Receiving & organizing ingredients
• Organizing and managing inventory and supplies
• Kitchen cleaning and basic kitchen/equipment maintenance
• Understanding and meeting local and federal food safety standards !
We are a small, but dedicated team and we’re looking for someone with the ability to fit seamlessly
into our team. In addition to culinary skills, we are looking for:
• A can-do problem solving attitude
• The ability to work as part of a team - taking direction when needed - and taking the lead when necessary
• Ability to stand the heat! Not only does it get hot in the kitchen, but we also work hard to meet our multiple
• A good sense of humor.
• General knowledge of kitchens and commercial kitchen equipment with a willingness to master the art of
• Culinary/Pastry experience in a restaurant, catering or other food production business is a PLUS.
• Ability to work in a kitchen environment (standing, stooping, bending) and lift 50 lbs
• Nimble hands (we jar and hand-label ourselves!)
• Works neat / clean !
• We currently produce Monday and Tuesdays - to start you will shadow our current PA's
• As you become able to produce on your own we need one - two 7-8 hr shifts a week (W/TH/F) !
• $12 an hour !
To Apply, please send your resume and a couple paragraphs on your previous experiences and what
draws you to this role to Michelle Lewis at email@example.com
October 1, 2014
Day by Day is looking for a chef to work on catering jobs one to two nights a week minimum, and potentially more often.
September 30, 2014
Ancillae Assumpta Academy is a private, Catholic school located 30 minutes outside of Philadelphia in Glenside, PA is seeking 2 full time employees in their food service department.
The Ancillae lunch program which consists of a main entree, sandwich bar, special sandwich of the day, salad bar, yogurt and fruit bar and dessert. We make 90% of the food in house and are a nut free facility.
The positions are full time, Monday through Friday, 8AM-3PM, school holidays and summers off.
September 30, 2014
The Philadelphia 76ers Night Sales Program will give college students an inside look into the world of professional sports sales! During the 2014-15 NBA season, students participating in the Night Sales Program will receive hands-on training from members of the Sixers sales leadership team to lay the foundation for a successful career in the sports business!
On Tuesday and Thursday evenings in October, November, and December, students will report to the Philadelphia 76ers front office for 2 ½ hours of
• Current undergraduate student at an accredited college or university
• Aggressive and effective communication skills and interpersonal skills
• Strong leadership and organizational skills
• Superior problem solver, with ability to work independently
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to work with deadlines
• Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule (holidays, evenings)
• High comfort level making cold calls
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Passion for sales
• Demonstrate an enthusiastic and outgoing personality
• Maximize revenue through the sales of Philadelphia 76ers tickets (i.e. Season, Partials, groups and premium tickets)
• Heavy outbound call focus making outbound calls daily to increase your sales pipeline
Sales presentation for external and internal face to face appointments
• Manage and service assigned season ticket, partial and group accounts
• Creating strong relationships with Season, Partial and group clients to promote yearly renewals
• Network, prospect and create new sales opportunities when and wherever possible
• Must meet all pre-determined activity and sales goals by providing weekly sales reports to management
• Work various events and games as assigned by management
Status: Part-time (Tuesday & Thursday evenings)
Timeframe: October 2014 – December 2014
Department: Ticket Sales & Service
Location: Philadelphia 76ers Front Office
September 24, 2014
• Bachelor’s degree and at least five years of related fundraising or development experience with progressively increasing responsibility.
• Thorough understanding of all components of a diversified funding base
• Proven track record of achieving revenue targets
• Solid understanding of surrounding communities as related to fundraising/sponsorship avenues
• Proven management and leadership capabilities
• Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new accounts
• Experience working with Senior Level executives in a corporate environment
• Strong verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and a thorough understanding of strategic development
• Strong partnership-building and event planning skills
• Good computer skills and knowledge of database programs
• Must be detail-oriented and highly organized
• Available to work beyond normal business hours as needed
• Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations for Foundation fundraising events
• Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors and sponsors
• Create and execute a strategy for identifying and cultivating donors and sponsors for various programs in the Charities Office including but not limited to the Flyers Wives Carnival, the Flyers Charities Halloween 5K, and the the Flyers Alumni Golf Invitational
• Manage all strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation, and relations.
• Manage Salesforce Non-Profit donor/sponsor database
• Develop proposals and reports for all foundation fundraising
• Manage partnership with player foundations
• Broaden donor base by soliciting via premium and ad sales partnerships
• Offer assistance to Global Spectrum Charities fundraising initiatives
• Event game nights and/or weekend hours required
September 23, 2014
Dogfish Head Craft Brewery is seeking an off-centered leader to bring operational, financial, service and experience excellence to our non-beer related businesses, to include our restaurant(s), tour facility and awesome Inn. You will be the visionary who contemplates for future what-ifs while bringing operational excellence, continuity of quality and off-centeredness to all facets of those and future worlds. You will also support, develop and guide a strong, capable and dynamic management team and the people who make it happen. Knowing when to lend a hand vs when to get out of the way should be in your management bag of tricks. You will liaison with our Alehouse partners and other brand extension partners to support and foster off-centeredness with these important players. The successful candidate will be a triple threat: bringing outstanding people leadership, technical excellence, and off-centeredness in the form of hand in glove fit with our culture. You will think strategically and long-term to plan and ensure consistent, profitable, streamlined and efficient operations without compromising safety, quality or culture. While these highlighted businesses will be your bread and butter in the current environment, you’ll also oversee other support and administrative departments such as property management, buildings and grounds, and a few others that transcend beyond those walls into our more thirst-quenching companies. You’ll model teamwork, collaboration, and open, honest, and healthy communication...it will not be enough for you to merely to talk about this stuff, you have to live and breathe this stuff. If we wikipedia’d leadership, we should expect to find you there, if not, we definitely won’t find you here. You’ll be doing a lot (even more than this), but you know what, you’re going to love what you do, and the talented cast of characters that you’ll be doing it with.
You should be a strong lead-by-example director (think COO), who believes that your people’s successes are your greatest achievement. You must also be a strong communicator, written and spoken, both one-on-one and in front of groups who build cohesive, collaborative teams. This isn’t fluff, ya’ll; if you’re not passionate about your people then you simply won’t cut it in our environment. While you should be mindful of efficiency, metrics for the sake of measuring and other corporate hullabaloo shouldn’t define you. You should be a strategic and long-term thinker, who barometer checks today while planning and positioning for tomorrow. You must be flexible and adaptable in your approach and comfortable working in an environment where the goals are lofty, but the framework may be loose. Our ideal candidate will have a Business or other related degree, MBAs who can park the corporate mumbo jumbo should also feel free to apply. A minimum of ten years of experience directing multiple business’ operations are required; multi-site restaurant/resort operations may be preferred! You must be highly proficient in MS Office products; Aloha POS system and Great Plains experience is a plus.
Qualified, interested and dynamic individuals should please submit their letter of intention, salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Resumes without cover letters will be hard pressed for consideration, truly. We offer competitive compensation, including bonus potential, health and dental insurance, and free beer! Look us up on the web at www.dogfish.com
September 22, 2014
High Street Hospitality has several entry level kitchen positions currently open at Fork and High Street on Market
September 19, 2014
Project HOME is a Philadelphia non-profit organization empowering individuals to break the cycle of poverty and homelessness through affordable housing, employment, health care, and education. Our mission is to enable all of us to attain our fullest potential as individuals and as members of the broader society. Join us.
Project HOME Project HOME owns and operates five businesses through the Social Enterprise Department which empower formerly homeless individuals by providing income and employment opportunities that promote workforce and social skills while building a supportive community for staff, participants, and volunteers. One of these businesses is Sister Mary’s Sinfully Delicious Cranberry Sauce. This year Social Enterprise is expecting to employ 10 Project HOME residents and sale 4,000 units of cranberry sauce. The proceeds from all sales are distributed to Social Enterprise in order to continue Project HOME employment initiatives.
We are currently looking for a Volunteer Chef for our 1515 Fairmount location in Philadelphia, PA. The Volunteer Chef will primarily be responsible for the production of Sister Mary’s Sinfully Delicious Cranberry Sauce. Recipe will be provided. Volunteer chefs are need for cranberry sauce cooking on Monday, October 20th from 9:00am-2:00pm and Wednesday, October 22nd from 9:00am-1:00pm at the Main Branch of the Free Library of Philadelphia.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
• Prepare cranberry sauce while abiding by food safety standards
• Lead Project HOME residents in the cranberry sauce production process
• Food preparation experience in a commercial kitchen
• Good hygiene practices in relation to food preparation
• Ability to lead others in a kitchen setting
• Desire and ability to interact positively with formerly homeless individuals
If interested in volunteering please send resume and cover letter to ChelseyLowe@projethome.org by September 19, 2014.
September 19, 2014
The Sidecar Bar and Grille is seeking a weekend cook. Hours are 9am-5pm both Saturday and Sunday.
Interested candidates should contact Chef Brian Lofnik at 215-895-3516.
September 16, 2014
Catering Server Philadelphia,PA Our primary functino is to provide an exceptional guest experience to our catering guests and become the caterer of choice at Drexel University.
Exceptional Guest Experience Definition:
Welcoming, friendly and courteous
Communicate effectively with internal and external guests
Catering Server provides an exceptional guest experience to catering guests: set up events for buffets or served meals on time in an off-site type operation, provide assistance to all guests during the event and finally breaks down.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Report to work on time according to the schedule. The schedule will vary from day to day. The schedule will be revised according to the needs of the business
• Will be responsible to check schedule daily for revisions.
• Must come to work in clean, approved uniform. Must have full uniform at work every day. Ensure uniform and professional appearance is clean and professional. Uniform and personal appearance must be maintained at the highest standards of cleanliness and professionalism at all time.
• Speak with others using clear and professional language.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees
• Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards
• Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions to manager.
• Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets
• Able to remain calm and courteous in demanding situations
• Must follow all HACCP rules and regulations
• Provide 5 Star level service to all guests
• Familiarizes self with assigned events on daily schedule
• Read BEO and know how to complete a set-up.
• Checks and ensures that all equipment is in proper working condition and clean
• Responsible for packing events
• Checks that all food and beverage are prepared and packed according to the BEO
• Sets up events with attention to consistency, cleanliness, and exceptional presentation according to standards in place
• Communicates with Managers and Supervisors to maintain service efficiency, timeliness, and quality
• Delivers event promptly and efficiently
• Picks up event promptly and efficiently
• Ability to communicate well with guests, culinary team members, supervisors, and management team.
• Be able to be act as intermediary between guests and Sodexo staff and management.
• Communications skills are important in this position: need to be able to work quickly, quietly, and efficiently during the events. Must be able to work without supervision, and get the job completed.
• Set tables in assigned area correctly and uniformly.
• Keep station neat and clean while servicing guest per established policies and procedures.
• Use proper in-room clearing and aisle tray break-down buffet or other special food service tables and equipment
• Greet and serve guests following guidelines set by the policies/procedures regarding the service of food and beverage. Bartender Responsibilities (if applicable)
• Will perform Bartender and/or Server duties as necessary. Takes Drink orders from customers of Bar
• Mixes and serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to patrons of bar.
• Mixes ingredients such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
• Serves wine and/or bottled beer.
• Arranges bottles and glasses to make attractive display
• Slices and pits fruit for garnishing drinks.
Must attend and pass catering class
Must have high school diploma or GED equivalent
Must have a valid Driver’s License
Ability to read, write and understand the primary language of the work location
Ability to perform simple mathematical equations
2 years experience as a server
To perform this job successfully, the individual must me able to stand, move and work throughout the property, including walking up to 1 ½ mile, climbing stairs and standing for extended periods of time
Must be able to lift, push or pull minimum of 25lbs
Bartender must be TIPS Certified
Knowledge of service and catering procedures
Knowledge of food prep, presentation of methods, techniques, and quality standards
Ability to monitor quality standards
Possess a positive, professional, guest friendly attitude
Possess a sense of timing to ensure all events are completed as scheduled
Other responsibilities are announced as needed according to business
Full time server hours are 32 hour plus
Part time server hours are 20 hour plus
Due to the nature of this catering business, you must have a flexible schedule
September 16, 2014
Under the supervision of the Kitchen Supervisor at our homeless shelter, Jane Addams Place, the Nutritionally Savvy Cook is responsible for the preparation of meals and the overall improvement of the nutritional quality of meals served at the shelter. The Nutritionally Savvy Cook will be responsible for guiding a pilot program to bring healthy food initiatives into the shelter.
• Reflects in professional practice the mission and philosophy of Lutheran Settlement House/Jane Addams Place.
• Prepares meals according to Office of Supportive Housing (OSH) and CACFP (Child and Family Food Program) guidelines.
• Collaborates on the healthy food pilot project.
• Orders food and kitchen supplies on a timely basis from vendors and food partnership organizations.
• Maintains updated inventory of food and supplies.
• Verifies incoming food and supply orders and corrects errors, shortages or surpluses.
• Trains kitchen staff to provide healthy alternative meals for families.
• Maintains a cleaned and organized space for all fresh produce.
• Works with Kitchen Supervisor on any issues related to special dietary needs.
• Reviews kitchen OSH weekly menu, adds and/or substitutes for a more nutritiously balanced meal by incorporating fresh produce.
• Introduces new recipes and assists with preparation collaborating with kitchen staff.
• Works with outside partnerships as relates to delivery dates/times and assists with scheduling and arranging our healthy food program with Food Trust.
• Schedules meal preparation and healthy food choice classes or programs with our families.
Must have a working knowledge of how to incorporate fresh fruits and vegetables into well-balanced meals. Additionally, this candidate should be interested in establishing partnerships within the community to enhance the overall nutritional efforts at the Jane Addams Place. Enthusiasm about cooking with fresh produce is highly preferred. Demonstrated knowledge of food preparation, serving, kitchen procedures and safety. Must be Safe Serve certified. Prior experience working in a food service program is a plus, but not mandatory. Experience working with homeless individuals/families or high risk populations is a plus. High school diploma or equivalent.
September 16, 2014
This internship with the Greater Philadelphia Life Sciences Congress (LSC) provides support services to the Executive Director of the Life Sciences Congress and its Coordinator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as an assistant to the LSC Coordinator
• Perform industry research as assigned
• Assist in maintaining a web based database
• Work closely with the LSC Coordinator and the PHLCVB Communications Department to maintain
LSC web page
• Assist in identifying new opportunities for life sciences convention and meetings
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Hospitality or some Business major field of study required
• Strong communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Creativity and Flexibility
• Initiative and Drive
• Organized and manages time well
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
• Must be a team player
• Ability to travel to sites around the city
• Commitment to PCVB mission to promote Philadelphia as a world-class center for life sciences meetings, conventions and businesses.
• Self-motivated, proactive problem solver
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Ability to use Microsoft Office applications to design and structure reports
• Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to interact with staff, volunteers, board members, corporate officials, professionals in government, academia and the non-profit sector.
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• Knowledge of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, iDSS) a plus
Current enrollment in a four-year college/university or graduate program, with two years previously completed. All positions are unpaid; however you must be completing this internship for college credit. Interns will receive great experience and access to the vast network of PHLCVB contacts.
September 8, 2014
Eggland's Best, is interested in hiring part-time employees to work with Dr. Brian Dirks in his food chemistry lab, testing/checking the nutritional profile of eggs. It's an excellent opportunity to gain lab experience with a national company. The working environment is excellent. Transportation to Malvern PA is required.
September 8, 2014
High Street Hospitality Group is hiring pastry cooks for High Street on Market and a.Kitchen.
September 8, 2014
Club Quarters are full service hotels designed for business travelers, offering member organizations low fixed rates.
Club Quarters is currently hiring a part-time, guest services manager.
Self-sufficient, energetic, team player with initiative to join our private member based hotel located in the center of downtown's business district. Responsible for all aspects of operating the Member Service Desk (Front Desk) including registration and check-out of guests, handling requests, concierge duties and other managerial responsibilities. Must be a service orientated individual with strong communication and decision making skills. Our exciting company of private hotels is looking for career orientated individuals to grow with us.
Guest Service Agent (Part Time, 20 hours a week)
Reports Directly to the Senior Guest Service Manager (SGSM)
• Provides optimal guest satisfaction by offering professional and efficient service through guest interaction.
• Responsible for all aspects of operating the Member Service Desk.
• Handles guest requests in a timely manner.
• Handles all phone calls to the MSD in a professional and courteous manner.
• Performs a Meet & Greet to all arriving guests with a warm and sincere welcome.
• Communicates guest needs to appropriate departments to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Interacts directly with guests on all Member Service Desk issues i.e. reservations, billing inquiries, concierge duties, etc.
• Handles and responds to all guest complaints received at the Member Services Desk, communicating to the SGSM as needed.
• Assists fellow GSMs and works as a team to create a positive environment for guests and staff.
• Monitors arrangements for all V.I.P., Special Attention and Long Stay guests.
• Makes appropriate decision as a Manager, analyze situations and react accordingly when the hotel operation is affected.
• Remains calm and authoritative in fire & safety issues.
• Proficient in the use of SMS and other equipment including kiosks; able to analyze and resolve problems with PMS and/or interfaces in a timely manner; knowledgeable of procedures related to the MSD operation.
• Provides Concierge Service for guests and remain knowledgeable and updated on local events, services etc.
• Attends departmental meetings and/or events for the MSD and hotel as requested by the SGSM.
• Responsible for cash drawer of assigned amount and cash handling.
• Supervises Guest Service Representatives duties for guest requests.
• Balances Room Inventory for arrivals daily to maximize room revenue as per policy.
• Responsible for appropriate revenue collection from all guests by ensuring they receive a bill for services provided, all credit cards on file are valid, credit is not extended beyond the appropriate levels. etc.
• Provides reservation services when required.
• Perform any other GSM duties as requested by the SGSM or HM.
• Must have customer service experience - Hospitality degree and/or front office experience a plus.
• Flexible schedule (available for all shifts - AM Shift 7/7:30AM-3/3:30PM, MID shift, PM Shift 3/3:30PM- 11/11:30PM, Overnight Shift 11:30PM-7:30AM)
• Willingness to work overtime as needed
• Willingness to relocate for future hotel openings
• 20 hours per week (or more when necessary)
• Professional business attire a must
September 8, 2014
The Penn State Department of Food Science is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as a Teaching Laboratory Support Specialist. The candidate will assist faculty members with instruction of students performing exercises in the laboratory and pilot processing areas as part of undergraduate courses, as well as contribute to the instruction of laboratory or pilot plant components of outreach short courses and workshops. The candidate will develop protocols for the delivery of laboratory and processing exercises and train and supervise teaching assistants. The candidate will maintain an inventory of required chemicals, supplies, and laboratory equipment, and ensure the facilities required for instruction are well maintained and in good order. The candidate will maintain safety procedures and records for the teaching laboratory and pilot processing plant, and coordinate with the facilities manager on safety protocols. The ideal candidate is passionate about education, curious about new technologies, and have an aptitude for food related experiments, be able to proactively identify and resolve required fixes in courses, and be willing to share what they do in an open manner. The successful candidate has demonstrated the ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team-based environment, and be able to accurately process many details in a highly organized and efficient manner. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong organizational and interpersonal skills, are essential. Typically requires a Bachelor's degree plus four years of work related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A degree in Food Science or closely related field is required. Laboratory or pilot plant experience also required. Applicants should apply online and include a letter of application, curriculum vitae, academic transcripts, and contact information for at least three professional references (name, address, telephone and e-mail).
For best consideration apply by September 30, 2014. Position will open on September 8 and remain open until a suitable candidate is identified.
September 2, 2014
Shake Shack, a modern day “roadside” burger stand serving up the most delicious burgers, hot dogs, frozen custard, shakes, beer, wine and more has multiple positions for team members, leaders and managers at its Chestnut St and Sansom St locations.
August 27, 2014
Kraftwork Bar is currently seeking an entry level garde manger position.
August 1, 2014
To develop new products and technologies and provide technical support as required to support the growth and maintenance of the buisiness. Utilize technical expertise to support customers and internal departments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintain development laboratories in organized manner for efficient activities.
2. Assist scientists with developing new products that meet customer performance and cost objectives.
3. Prepare lab and pilot samples to support project briefs.
4. Complete assigned projects within designated time frame and designated priority. Notify supervisor of any expected delays.
5. Conduct experiments, evaluate new raw materials, examine competitive products, develop new technologies, etc. to grow business or maintain/enhance product quality and/or position in industry. Identify opportunities for development of novel products and technologies.
6. Participate in ew product scale-up activities
7. Use designated procedures and systems required for efficient operation of R&D
8. Support and adhere to all company health, safety and HR policies and procedures.
9. Perform other duties as assigned by R&D Manager.
10. Participate in obsolete inventory utilization.
Ability to work in a team environment. Familiarity with functional ingredients, product formulations, thermal processes and production scale equipment. Good communication and interpersonal skills. Good organizational skills. Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Lotus Notes e-mail and databases; SAP and various databases/systems. Ability to work with customers technical staffs and internal parties. Requires the ability to deal with internal/external customers in a courteous manner. Requires domestic travel to support business development programs.
BS degree in Food Science or related discipline with 0-5 years experience. An AS degree or industrial experinece will be considered in lieu of a BS degree. Exposure to product development, quality assurance or prodution in related product areas or food industry, in general. Exposure to product formulation, process scale-up, food regulations, use of functional ingredients such as stabilizers, starches, colors, flavors and fruit in formulations.
July 28, 2014
Jerry's Kitchen (Food Truck) is seeking a head chef.
Location- Various locations in Philly (Ucity, Temple, Navy Yard, 30th St Station, Love Park) and the suburbs.
Our commissary is located right near the Zoo, about 10 mins by car from Drexel.
Hours- M-F 7am-2pm plus nights and weekends for special events
This is a FULL TIME position
Cuisine: Modern American food for carnivores, vegans, vegetarians, and gluten free folks.
Job description- As the head chef at Jerry's Kitchen you'll be responsible for:
-Hot and cold prep
-Managing all cooking operations on the truck
-Handling at least 10 tickets at a time on the hot line
-Clean up of truck and commissary
-Creating dishes based on existing recipes
-Creating/Developing new menu items
-Catering prep and cooking
-Some food ordering
-Previous food truck experience a plus but not necessary
-Previous experience cooking vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free food a plus but not necessary
Other skills/traits we're looking for
-Excellent time management
Compensation commensurate with experience.
What we're looking for is someone looking to use the skills they've learned to deliver an awesome experience for our customers. We serve a discerning demographic so attention to detail and knowledge of the product and brand is key.
We're offering an opportunity to step into a role as a leader and grow with the business. This person will eventually be responsible for operations of the entire truck (ordering, management of employees, menu development, business development, etc.). We'll eventually be adding additional trucks and a brick-and-mortar location
Intersted candidates should contact:
A Woman-Owned Business
July 25, 2014
Rice & Company is a food manufacturing company local to the Philadelphia area providing high quality and customized food products for over 125 years with a focus in both beverage and bakery items. The R&D Technician will support our growing department with the daily execution of product development testing.
R&D Technician Job Description:
This position supports the R&D department through assisting in the execution of formulas through sample batch runs for new and existing products. In this role, documentation is a key function to ensure the appropriate next steps are executed on subsequent levels. Additionally, willingness to perform experimentation is of importance, not one who just follows procedures but also is one who is interested in distinguishing results from each other.
Essential Jobs and Duties:
• Must be able to accurately weigh/measure and then mix dry or liquid ingredients using various types of equipment
• Assist in preparation of formulas, specifications, processing procedures, and any other technical material that allow for consistent and reliable execution in multiple manufacturing facilities, and meet international legal requirements where possible
• Maintains proper documentation on product formulations, testings, and evaluation of products
• Execute sensory evaluation of new products
• Support cross-functional team members in order to meet deadlines
• Participate in all team activities, including tastings, flavor testing and sensory evaluations
• Maintain proper lab conditions and equipment maintenance
• Be capable of working in various work settings of the facility including laboratory, office and plant areas
• Bachelor of Science in Food Science or related field of study, along with 1-2 years of basic lab experience
• At minimum, one undergraduate course in statistics
• Kitchen experience is essential, though may be in various formats: cooking, baking, confectionary
• Food Safety certified (ServSafe) preferred
• Good bench skills (weighing, mixing, heating)
• Use of instrumental measurements including pH, moisture, titration, viscometry/rheology, density (pycnometer), colorimetry, temperature
• Ability to work in a team environment as well as individually in an environment with changing priorities
• Ability to manage time effectively
• Proficient computer literacy with basic knowledge of MS Office
• Good written and oral communication skills as well as attention to detail
• Be able to lift 50 pounds
• Be able to withstand long periods of time on one’s feet
July 25, 2014
The Dandelion, a British-inspired gastropub, seeks a motivated full-time pastry cook.
Candidates should have a minimum of 1 year experience in pastry plating and production in a high-volume, fine dining establishment. Must be able to multi-task and work independently, cleanly and efficiently, and with attention to consistency and detail. Must have a passion for great food and service, and a desire to excel as an integral part of the team.
Full-time availability, including evenings and weekends, with flexible hours.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
July 22, 2014
The Delaware 87ers (76ers D League Franchise) are seekeing energetic and career focused students to help make the upcoming season bigger and better in our second year.
Ticket Sales Assistant
Game Operations Assistant
Ticket Operations Assistant
July 22, 2014
Relying on our core of volunteers, Manna on Main Street, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, provides critical food services for our community, ensuring that the hungry and poor have a welcome and safe place to access emergency food. For the hundreds of families who receive food from our food pantry or share our soup kitchen table, Manna provides hope and opportunities to not only be fed but to be lifted out of hunger through education programs and emergency financial aid. As the largest and most accessible food provider in the region, we partner with other organizations to create a strong safety net in Montgomery County for all in need.
Overall Responsibility: The Food Service Manager/Head Chef will ensure that nutritious meals are prepared for Manna's clients and that donated and purchased food is effectively utilized. He/she will maintain food service records and be responsible for both internal and external reporting.
The Food Service Manager will also assist with Manna's outreach programs including the Summer Teen Cooking Program, food drives and holiday food baskets.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
Plan and prepare nutritious meals for Manna's twice daily hot meals
Manage the use of donated and purchased food
Provide nutritional analysis of meals
Ensure that alternative menu items for clients with special dietary needs are available
Order food from donors and vendors and shop at local grocery stores as necessary
Maintain records of meals served and donor deliveries for internal and external reports
Assist with Manna's outreach programs by planning and supervising the summer teen cooking program
Help manage donated food during food drives
Assist with holiday food baskets
Assist with client education programs focused on nutrition
Desirable Characteristics and areas of expertise:
Bachelor's degree required in food service, nutrition or related field.
Current ServeSafe certification or equivalent required.
Two years minimum experience with food service management.
Experience with nutritional analysis and planning.
Experience with large group meal planning and preparation.
Enjoy working in a small, committed, closely-knit environment.
Empathetic and caring with a desire to serve people in need.
Sense of humor; ability to handle roadblocks and challenges with grace.
Self-motivated with ability to see tasks/projects through to completion.
Organized with the ability to accurately record information.
Ability to communicate clearly with other team members.
Ability to pro-actively anticipate tasks/needs and to plan accordingly.
Excellent, demonstrated skills in organizing materials and information
Strong computer competency with MS Office applications
Excellent interpersonal skills: able to interact over the phone, by email, and in person
Excellent management skills: able to guide and supervise 5-7 volunteers in preparing and serving
Excellent food preparation skills
Driver's License required; reliable access to a car necessary
July 22, 2014
London Grill is seeking an experienced Line Cook to join our team at our established, well-known Art Museum area restaurant. The ideal candidate should have fundamental understanding of seasonal, New American, and International cuisines.
• At least 3 years of experience as Line Cook or Sous Chef
• Excellent butchery skills and scratch cooking skills, with knowledge of high-end ingredients
• Availability to work weekends and holidays - specifically Saturday & Sunday brunch
• Brunch experience, and ideally a passion for brunch
• High energy and drive to continually seek to improve operations
• ServeSafe Cerfified
We offer a competitive base + bonus compensation package based on experience.
If you are a chef who strives for excellence and is passionate about seasonal, creative cuisine, and are interested in working with an award winning executive chef, we want to hear from you!
July 17, 2014
Oversee the entire production of the Bakeshop area. Produce standards of production for all items in Bakeshop. Create and maintain recipe book, with costed recipes for all items in the Bakeshop. Set up par inventories on cookies, birthday cakes, etc.. Maintain overall sanitation, safety and cleanliness of the Bakeshop area by fellow co-workers. Maintain a high level of quality & presentation of all Bakeshop products.
REPORTS TO: Executive Chef/ Corporate Chef
PRIMARY DUTIES & FUNCTIONS:
1. Attend daily meetings with the Chef, Sales, Dining room, etc.
2. Check “BEO’s” sheets daily for group and special events at the Spa.
3. Fill in for any shift due to sickness, termination, etc.
4. Train team members in the proper procedures in sanitation, safety and cleanliness of the Bakery.
5. Standardize all Bakeshop production.
6. Keep Bakeshop clean at all times, review, report and correct any safety hazards by using the (Clean As You Go) approach.
7. Must have knowledge of Spa concepts, healthy alternatives, gluten free
8. Maintain a pleasant and courteous atmosphere with all co-workers.
9. Understand costs, progress, budget, and occupancy reports as well staffing levels within the Bakeshop.
10. Handle any problems that may occur in the Bakeshop.
11. Complete any other assignments as directed by the Executive chef.
SKILLS REQUIRED: Must be able to use all baking equipment and utensils necessary to do the job.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: High school education or equivalent with basic math skills. Culinary arts Degree or Specialized Bakeshop training is essential.
PRIOR EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5 years experience in confections, pastries, cakes, and pastry decoration and bakery preparation required.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS: Knowledgeable in techniques of bread baking, desserts & bakeshop spa preparation concepts. Experience with plating desserts. After training must have understanding of sanitation, safety and health regulations as related to food handling.
PERSONALITY REQUIREMENTS: The ability to work alone in the evening hours and weekends is a necessity. Being a team player, punctual, dependable, organized & able to work productively under pressure is a must.
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Cleaning, sanitation and maintaining a safe work area; personal hygiene; uniforms ( the Lodge at Woodloch), including proper footwear for the Bakeshop and Kitchen area.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Position requires standing, bending and walking throughout the shift. Must be able to lift 25 pounds safely and work in high humidity, temperature conditions.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Work takes place primarily in the Bakeshop. Schedule includes varied shifts, weekends and holidays.
HAZARDS ENCOUNTERED: Knives and kitchen appliances can be hazardous if used in an unsafe manner. Care must be taken to operate and use them safely. Spills on walking surfaces or hot food materials and baking utensils.
For more information, please visit: http://www.thelodgeatwoodloch.com/careers/
July 17, 2014
The Chefs Collaborative Fundraising Events Planner/Community Organizer will work with local chef communities to plan buzz-worthy events that educate about food systems issues, raise funds, and bring the chef community together. In addition, this individual will provide support to chef leaders of local chef-networks working to provide networking and educational opportunities for their peers. The ideal candidate is personable, has experience in the foodservice industry, is highly organized and detail oriented, excels at planning community fundraising events, and is energized by empowering individuals to take action. The Fundraising Events Planner/Community Organizer reports to the Executive Director.
About Chefs Collaborative: Founded in 1993, Chefs Collaborative works to fix our broken food system by engaging chefs in a network that inspires and educates them to change how they source, cook, and serve food. The Chefs Collaborative network includes more than 10,000 culinary professionals, food producers, and food activists.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Develop and plan approximately five community fundraising events per year that raise the profile of Chefs Collaborative’s work to fix our broken food system, educate chefs, and bring the community together. This includes:
o Manage all levels of event-planning, including developing and managing a budget, reaching ticket sales goals, identifying venues, signing off on the menu, generating media, and developing the program.
• Support and develop local chef leaders in approximately 10 priority regions to coordinate “Locals” – networks of chefs who come together for networking and educational activities. This includes:
o Engage Locals in national campaigns and programs and encourage mission-related activities.
o Collaborate with Director of Programs and Marketing to develop national programming and materials.
o Promote Locals throughout all communications platforms.
o Collaborate with membership coordinator on membership development strategies for Locals.
o Travel to support Locals when appropriate.
o Staff the Network Committee, made up of board members and selected Local Leaders, to set priorities and develop strategies for building and supporting Locals, membership and our community.
• Support the annual national Sustainable Food Summit, which may include facilitating field trips, managing the scholarships program, and facilitating select breakout sessions.
• Participate in Chefs Collaborative strategic planning.
• Attend Chefs Collaborative events and meetings as needed.
• Attend events and meetings on behalf of Chefs Collaborative as appropriate.
• At least three years related work experience.
• Familiarity with MailChimp, WordPress a major plus.
• Extremely organized.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Experience working in the sustainable food movement and/or restaurant industry.
• Ability to travel on average once per month.
Compensation: Salary is competitive with similar nonprofits. Employer-paid health insurance coverage; 12 days vacation for first year.
Application process: Send cover letter and resume to Melissa Kogut, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
July 14, 2014
The Corporate Chef and Dining Services Manager is responsible for independently planning and preparing client meals and overseeing the delivery of dining services. This includes procuring food and supplies and providing high quality meals for all tastes and specific dietary needs. The position currently supervises 2 people and is responsible for maintaining all client and internal meeting rooms.
1. Through thoughtful food preparation and presentation, ensure that clients and employees have a favorable experience during their meetings; maintain a welcoming environment.
2. Ensure contemporary plating, portioning and garnishing standards are used.
3. Purchase and prepare all food and beverages for breakfast and lunch meetings.
4. Coordinate meal service for (6) 2-day Board meetings a year.
5. Occasional overtime for events hosted after hours.
6. Communicate with employees regarding their meeting needs to ensure high level of service.
7. Supervise and provide daily direction in all areas of dining services including:
o Oversee the setup and clean-up of client meeting rooms and beverage areas.
o Oversee the upkeep and cleanliness of every internal meeting room on floors 11-14.
8. Assist with serving.
9. Coordinate daily with the Receptionist for any changes to the schedule or number of guests attending.
10. Arrange catering for internal employee lunches ensuring timely set up and clean up.
11. Responsible for kitchen cleanliness and appliance maintenance.
12. Maintain vendors for items such as laundering service and kitchen equipment.
13. Keep records and receipts for daily food and non food purchases. Submit monthly expenses to accounting department.
14. Keep detailed records of client food preferences, allergies, and special requests.
15. Learn the functions of the front desk to relieve the receptionist when needed.
16. Perform other duties as required by position.
1. Culinary Degree or equivalent.
2. One year of experience in all areas of food storage, presentation, and preparation.
3. Servesafe certificate.
4. Experience preparing vegan and gluten-free meals. Understanding of cross-contamination for allergies.
5. Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing.
6. Organizational ability.
7. Flexible schedule.
8. Mathematical ability.
9. Neat and pleasant demeanor.
10. Ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
11. Ability to supervise.
12. Knowledge of scheduling software, Microsoft Outlook and Office.
13. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds required.
If you are interested in the position, please send a cover letter and resume to Sara Dorsett at Sara.Dorsett@Glenmede.com
July 11, 2014
Godiva Chocolatier is the world's premier chocolatier. We are the global leaders of the creation and distribution of super-premium chocolates worldwide.
Under the direction of our Sensory and Consumer Science Manager, the Sensory Intern will participate in designing, executing, analyzing, and reporting sensory and consumer research studies. This role will work with cross-functional teams to integrate product guidance and sensory testing throughout the product development process as well as providing support for quality assurance and packaging engineers. You will also add support to other Sensory Department activities such as test preparation, data entry and data maintenance.
Minimum Education Required: Junior Level or above; Major in Food Science, Sensory Science, or other related field.
Duration of internship: 6 months; potential to extend an additional 6 months.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
• Coordinate and prepare sensory and consumer tests to support new product development and product optimization projects, including packaging
• Assist the Sensory technician in all day to day in-house sensory and consumer projects, including sample preparation, coding and test set-up
• Data management of all sensory and consumer test results
• Maintain Sensory Project Library
• Maintain Shelf life information in PAT
• Assist in designing and presenting sensory information for technical and non-technical audiences
• Conduct basic descriptive statistics of data
• Basic working knowledge of sensory and consumer science in all qualitative and quantitative methodologies (affective, descriptive and discrimination)
• Strong computer skills and working knowledge of statistical data collection and analysis packages.
• Be able to manage multiple projects in an efficient, timely and precise manner
• Strong inter-personal skills; excellent oral communication and ability to work independently, as well as a high aptitude for learning and adaptability
• Good knowledge of GMP’s
• Ability to travel domestically (up to 20%)
• Flexible work schedule
• Knowledge of XLStat software preferred, but not mandatory
• Experience with data collection software (Compusense, Red Jade, SPSS, SAS etc) a plus
• Experience working with chocolate and/or in the food and beverage industry
• Experience with Descriptive Analysis
Candidate will be required to work in multiple environments, including: Office, Laboratory, Manufacturing, and Warehouse. Working hours are 8 am – 5 pm. Occasional day travel, outside of the Reading Area and within traditional work hours may be required.