August 1, 2014
To develop new products and technologies and provide technical support as required to support the growth and maintenance of the buisiness. Utilize technical expertise to support customers and internal departments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintain development laboratories in organized manner for efficient activities.
2. Assist scientists with developing new products that meet customer performance and cost objectives.
3. Prepare lab and pilot samples to support project briefs.
4. Complete assigned projects within designated time frame and designated priority. Notify supervisor of any expected delays.
5. Conduct experiments, evaluate new raw materials, examine competitive products, develop new technologies, etc. to grow business or maintain/enhance product quality and/or position in industry. Identify opportunities for development of novel products and technologies.
6. Participate in ew product scale-up activities
7. Use designated procedures and systems required for efficient operation of R&D
8. Support and adhere to all company health, safety and HR policies and procedures.
9. Perform other duties as assigned by R&D Manager.
10. Participate in obsolete inventory utilization.
Ability to work in a team environment. Familiarity with functional ingredients, product formulations, thermal processes and production scale equipment. Good communication and interpersonal skills. Good organizational skills. Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Lotus Notes e-mail and databases; SAP and various databases/systems. Ability to work with customers technical staffs and internal parties. Requires the ability to deal with internal/external customers in a courteous manner. Requires domestic travel to support business development programs.
BS degree in Food Science or related discipline with 0-5 years experience. An AS degree or industrial experinece will be considered in lieu of a BS degree. Exposure to product development, quality assurance or prodution in related product areas or food industry, in general. Exposure to product formulation, process scale-up, food regulations, use of functional ingredients such as stabilizers, starches, colors, flavors and fruit in formulations.
July 28, 2014
Jerry's Kitchen (Food Truck) is seeking a head chef.
Location- Various locations in Philly (Ucity, Temple, Navy Yard, 30th St Station, Love Park) and the suburbs.
Our commissary is located right near the Zoo, about 10 mins by car from Drexel.
Hours- M-F 7am-2pm plus nights and weekends for special events
This is a FULL TIME position
Cuisine: Modern American food for carnivores, vegans, vegetarians, and gluten free folks.
Job description- As the head chef at Jerry's Kitchen you'll be responsible for:
-Hot and cold prep
-Managing all cooking operations on the truck
-Handling at least 10 tickets at a time on the hot line
-Clean up of truck and commissary
-Creating dishes based on existing recipes
-Creating/Developing new menu items
-Catering prep and cooking
-Some food ordering
-Previous food truck experience a plus but not necessary
-Previous experience cooking vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free food a plus but not necessary
Other skills/traits we're looking for
-Excellent time management
Compensation commensurate with experience.
What we're looking for is someone looking to use the skills they've learned to deliver an awesome experience for our customers. We serve a discerning demographic so attention to detail and knowledge of the product and brand is key.
We're offering an opportunity to step into a role as a leader and grow with the business. This person will eventually be responsible for operations of the entire truck (ordering, management of employees, menu development, business development, etc.). We'll eventually be adding additional trucks and a brick-and-mortar location
Intersted candidates should contact:
A Woman-Owned Business
July 25, 2014
Rice & Company is a food manufacturing company local to the Philadelphia area providing high quality and customized food products for over 125 years with a focus in both beverage and bakery items. The R&D Technician will support our growing department with the daily execution of product development testing.
R&D Technician Job Description:
This position supports the R&D department through assisting in the execution of formulas through sample batch runs for new and existing products. In this role, documentation is a key function to ensure the appropriate next steps are executed on subsequent levels. Additionally, willingness to perform experimentation is of importance, not one who just follows procedures but also is one who is interested in distinguishing results from each other.
Essential Jobs and Duties:
• Must be able to accurately weigh/measure and then mix dry or liquid ingredients using various types of equipment
• Assist in preparation of formulas, specifications, processing procedures, and any other technical material that allow for consistent and reliable execution in multiple manufacturing facilities, and meet international legal requirements where possible
• Maintains proper documentation on product formulations, testings, and evaluation of products
• Execute sensory evaluation of new products
• Support cross-functional team members in order to meet deadlines
• Participate in all team activities, including tastings, flavor testing and sensory evaluations
• Maintain proper lab conditions and equipment maintenance
• Be capable of working in various work settings of the facility including laboratory, office and plant areas
• Bachelor of Science in Food Science or related field of study, along with 1-2 years of basic lab experience
• At minimum, one undergraduate course in statistics
• Kitchen experience is essential, though may be in various formats: cooking, baking, confectionary
• Food Safety certified (ServSafe) preferred
• Good bench skills (weighing, mixing, heating)
• Use of instrumental measurements including pH, moisture, titration, viscometry/rheology, density (pycnometer), colorimetry, temperature
• Ability to work in a team environment as well as individually in an environment with changing priorities
• Ability to manage time effectively
• Proficient computer literacy with basic knowledge of MS Office
• Good written and oral communication skills as well as attention to detail
• Be able to lift 50 pounds
• Be able to withstand long periods of time on one’s feet
July 25, 2014
The Dandelion, a British-inspired gastropub, seeks a motivated full-time pastry cook.
Candidates should have a minimum of 1 year experience in pastry plating and production in a high-volume, fine dining establishment. Must be able to multi-task and work independently, cleanly and efficiently, and with attention to consistency and detail. Must have a passion for great food and service, and a desire to excel as an integral part of the team.
Full-time availability, including evenings and weekends, with flexible hours.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
July 22, 2014
The Delaware 87ers (76ers D League Franchise) are seekeing energetic and career focused students to help make the upcoming season bigger and better in our second year.
Ticket Sales Assistant
Game Operations Assistant
Ticket Operations Assistant
July 22, 2014
Relying on our core of volunteers, Manna on Main Street, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, provides critical food services for our community, ensuring that the hungry and poor have a welcome and safe place to access emergency food. For the hundreds of families who receive food from our food pantry or share our soup kitchen table, Manna provides hope and opportunities to not only be fed but to be lifted out of hunger through education programs and emergency financial aid. As the largest and most accessible food provider in the region, we partner with other organizations to create a strong safety net in Montgomery County for all in need.
Overall Responsibility: The Food Service Manager/Head Chef will ensure that nutritious meals are prepared for Manna's clients and that donated and purchased food is effectively utilized. He/she will maintain food service records and be responsible for both internal and external reporting.
The Food Service Manager will also assist with Manna's outreach programs including the Summer Teen Cooking Program, food drives and holiday food baskets.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
Plan and prepare nutritious meals for Manna's twice daily hot meals
Manage the use of donated and purchased food
Provide nutritional analysis of meals
Ensure that alternative menu items for clients with special dietary needs are available
Order food from donors and vendors and shop at local grocery stores as necessary
Maintain records of meals served and donor deliveries for internal and external reports
Assist with Manna's outreach programs by planning and supervising the summer teen cooking program
Help manage donated food during food drives
Assist with holiday food baskets
Assist with client education programs focused on nutrition
Desirable Characteristics and areas of expertise:
Bachelor's degree required in food service, nutrition or related field.
Current ServeSafe certification or equivalent required.
Two years minimum experience with food service management.
Experience with nutritional analysis and planning.
Experience with large group meal planning and preparation.
Enjoy working in a small, committed, closely-knit environment.
Empathetic and caring with a desire to serve people in need.
Sense of humor; ability to handle roadblocks and challenges with grace.
Self-motivated with ability to see tasks/projects through to completion.
Organized with the ability to accurately record information.
Ability to communicate clearly with other team members.
Ability to pro-actively anticipate tasks/needs and to plan accordingly.
Excellent, demonstrated skills in organizing materials and information
Strong computer competency with MS Office applications
Excellent interpersonal skills: able to interact over the phone, by email, and in person
Excellent management skills: able to guide and supervise 5-7 volunteers in preparing and serving
Excellent food preparation skills
Driver's License required; reliable access to a car necessary
July 22, 2014
London Grill is seeking an experienced Line Cook to join our team at our established, well-known Art Museum area restaurant. The ideal candidate should have fundamental understanding of seasonal, New American, and International cuisines.
• At least 3 years of experience as Line Cook or Sous Chef
• Excellent butchery skills and scratch cooking skills, with knowledge of high-end ingredients
• Availability to work weekends and holidays - specifically Saturday & Sunday brunch
• Brunch experience, and ideally a passion for brunch
• High energy and drive to continually seek to improve operations
• ServeSafe Cerfified
We offer a competitive base + bonus compensation package based on experience.
If you are a chef who strives for excellence and is passionate about seasonal, creative cuisine, and are interested in working with an award winning executive chef, we want to hear from you!
July 17, 2014
Oversee the entire production of the Bakeshop area. Produce standards of production for all items in Bakeshop. Create and maintain recipe book, with costed recipes for all items in the Bakeshop. Set up par inventories on cookies, birthday cakes, etc.. Maintain overall sanitation, safety and cleanliness of the Bakeshop area by fellow co-workers. Maintain a high level of quality & presentation of all Bakeshop products.
REPORTS TO: Executive Chef/ Corporate Chef
PRIMARY DUTIES & FUNCTIONS:
1. Attend daily meetings with the Chef, Sales, Dining room, etc.
2. Check “BEO’s” sheets daily for group and special events at the Spa.
3. Fill in for any shift due to sickness, termination, etc.
4. Train team members in the proper procedures in sanitation, safety and cleanliness of the Bakery.
5. Standardize all Bakeshop production.
6. Keep Bakeshop clean at all times, review, report and correct any safety hazards by using the (Clean As You Go) approach.
7. Must have knowledge of Spa concepts, healthy alternatives, gluten free
8. Maintain a pleasant and courteous atmosphere with all co-workers.
9. Understand costs, progress, budget, and occupancy reports as well staffing levels within the Bakeshop.
10. Handle any problems that may occur in the Bakeshop.
11. Complete any other assignments as directed by the Executive chef.
SKILLS REQUIRED: Must be able to use all baking equipment and utensils necessary to do the job.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: High school education or equivalent with basic math skills. Culinary arts Degree or Specialized Bakeshop training is essential.
PRIOR EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5 years experience in confections, pastries, cakes, and pastry decoration and bakery preparation required.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS: Knowledgeable in techniques of bread baking, desserts & bakeshop spa preparation concepts. Experience with plating desserts. After training must have understanding of sanitation, safety and health regulations as related to food handling.
PERSONALITY REQUIREMENTS: The ability to work alone in the evening hours and weekends is a necessity. Being a team player, punctual, dependable, organized & able to work productively under pressure is a must.
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Cleaning, sanitation and maintaining a safe work area; personal hygiene; uniforms ( the Lodge at Woodloch), including proper footwear for the Bakeshop and Kitchen area.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Position requires standing, bending and walking throughout the shift. Must be able to lift 25 pounds safely and work in high humidity, temperature conditions.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Work takes place primarily in the Bakeshop. Schedule includes varied shifts, weekends and holidays.
HAZARDS ENCOUNTERED: Knives and kitchen appliances can be hazardous if used in an unsafe manner. Care must be taken to operate and use them safely. Spills on walking surfaces or hot food materials and baking utensils.
For more information, please visit: http://www.thelodgeatwoodloch.com/careers/
July 17, 2014
The Chefs Collaborative Fundraising Events Planner/Community Organizer will work with local chef communities to plan buzz-worthy events that educate about food systems issues, raise funds, and bring the chef community together. In addition, this individual will provide support to chef leaders of local chef-networks working to provide networking and educational opportunities for their peers. The ideal candidate is personable, has experience in the foodservice industry, is highly organized and detail oriented, excels at planning community fundraising events, and is energized by empowering individuals to take action. The Fundraising Events Planner/Community Organizer reports to the Executive Director.
About Chefs Collaborative: Founded in 1993, Chefs Collaborative works to fix our broken food system by engaging chefs in a network that inspires and educates them to change how they source, cook, and serve food. The Chefs Collaborative network includes more than 10,000 culinary professionals, food producers, and food activists.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Develop and plan approximately five community fundraising events per year that raise the profile of Chefs Collaborative’s work to fix our broken food system, educate chefs, and bring the community together. This includes:
o Manage all levels of event-planning, including developing and managing a budget, reaching ticket sales goals, identifying venues, signing off on the menu, generating media, and developing the program.
• Support and develop local chef leaders in approximately 10 priority regions to coordinate “Locals” – networks of chefs who come together for networking and educational activities. This includes:
o Engage Locals in national campaigns and programs and encourage mission-related activities.
o Collaborate with Director of Programs and Marketing to develop national programming and materials.
o Promote Locals throughout all communications platforms.
o Collaborate with membership coordinator on membership development strategies for Locals.
o Travel to support Locals when appropriate.
o Staff the Network Committee, made up of board members and selected Local Leaders, to set priorities and develop strategies for building and supporting Locals, membership and our community.
• Support the annual national Sustainable Food Summit, which may include facilitating field trips, managing the scholarships program, and facilitating select breakout sessions.
• Participate in Chefs Collaborative strategic planning.
• Attend Chefs Collaborative events and meetings as needed.
• Attend events and meetings on behalf of Chefs Collaborative as appropriate.
• At least three years related work experience.
• Familiarity with MailChimp, WordPress a major plus.
• Extremely organized.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Experience working in the sustainable food movement and/or restaurant industry.
• Ability to travel on average once per month.
Compensation: Salary is competitive with similar nonprofits. Employer-paid health insurance coverage; 12 days vacation for first year.
Application process: Send cover letter and resume to Melissa Kogut, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
July 14, 2014
The Corporate Chef and Dining Services Manager is responsible for independently planning and preparing client meals and overseeing the delivery of dining services. This includes procuring food and supplies and providing high quality meals for all tastes and specific dietary needs. The position currently supervises 2 people and is responsible for maintaining all client and internal meeting rooms.
1. Through thoughtful food preparation and presentation, ensure that clients and employees have a favorable experience during their meetings; maintain a welcoming environment.
2. Ensure contemporary plating, portioning and garnishing standards are used.
3. Purchase and prepare all food and beverages for breakfast and lunch meetings.
4. Coordinate meal service for (6) 2-day Board meetings a year.
5. Occasional overtime for events hosted after hours.
6. Communicate with employees regarding their meeting needs to ensure high level of service.
7. Supervise and provide daily direction in all areas of dining services including:
o Oversee the setup and clean-up of client meeting rooms and beverage areas.
o Oversee the upkeep and cleanliness of every internal meeting room on floors 11-14.
8. Assist with serving.
9. Coordinate daily with the Receptionist for any changes to the schedule or number of guests attending.
10. Arrange catering for internal employee lunches ensuring timely set up and clean up.
11. Responsible for kitchen cleanliness and appliance maintenance.
12. Maintain vendors for items such as laundering service and kitchen equipment.
13. Keep records and receipts for daily food and non food purchases. Submit monthly expenses to accounting department.
14. Keep detailed records of client food preferences, allergies, and special requests.
15. Learn the functions of the front desk to relieve the receptionist when needed.
16. Perform other duties as required by position.
1. Culinary Degree or equivalent.
2. One year of experience in all areas of food storage, presentation, and preparation.
3. Servesafe certificate.
4. Experience preparing vegan and gluten-free meals. Understanding of cross-contamination for allergies.
5. Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing.
6. Organizational ability.
7. Flexible schedule.
8. Mathematical ability.
9. Neat and pleasant demeanor.
10. Ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
11. Ability to supervise.
12. Knowledge of scheduling software, Microsoft Outlook and Office.
13. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds required.
If you are interested in the position, please send a cover letter and resume to Sara Dorsett at Sara.Dorsett@Glenmede.com
July 11, 2014
Godiva Chocolatier is the world's premier chocolatier. We are the global leaders of the creation and distribution of super-premium chocolates worldwide.
Under the direction of our Sensory and Consumer Science Manager, the Sensory Intern will participate in designing, executing, analyzing, and reporting sensory and consumer research studies. This role will work with cross-functional teams to integrate product guidance and sensory testing throughout the product development process as well as providing support for quality assurance and packaging engineers. You will also add support to other Sensory Department activities such as test preparation, data entry and data maintenance.
Minimum Education Required: Junior Level or above; Major in Food Science, Sensory Science, or other related field.
Duration of internship: 6 months; potential to extend an additional 6 months.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
• Coordinate and prepare sensory and consumer tests to support new product development and product optimization projects, including packaging
• Assist the Sensory technician in all day to day in-house sensory and consumer projects, including sample preparation, coding and test set-up
• Data management of all sensory and consumer test results
• Maintain Sensory Project Library
• Maintain Shelf life information in PAT
• Assist in designing and presenting sensory information for technical and non-technical audiences
• Conduct basic descriptive statistics of data
• Basic working knowledge of sensory and consumer science in all qualitative and quantitative methodologies (affective, descriptive and discrimination)
• Strong computer skills and working knowledge of statistical data collection and analysis packages.
• Be able to manage multiple projects in an efficient, timely and precise manner
• Strong inter-personal skills; excellent oral communication and ability to work independently, as well as a high aptitude for learning and adaptability
• Good knowledge of GMP’s
• Ability to travel domestically (up to 20%)
• Flexible work schedule
• Knowledge of XLStat software preferred, but not mandatory
• Experience with data collection software (Compusense, Red Jade, SPSS, SAS etc) a plus
• Experience working with chocolate and/or in the food and beverage industry
• Experience with Descriptive Analysis
Candidate will be required to work in multiple environments, including: Office, Laboratory, Manufacturing, and Warehouse. Working hours are 8 am – 5 pm. Occasional day travel, outside of the Reading Area and within traditional work hours may be required.
July 7, 2014
Heriloom, an intimate BYOB featuring traditional American recipes in Chesnut Hill is seeking line cooks immediately.
July 7, 2014
The South Philly Tap Room is seeking a day line cook position. The postion requires a 5 day work week.
July 2, 2014
EL VEZ (New York) is located in lower Manhattan in Battery Park, this STARR restaurant is a high volume job in which applicants will learn aspects of plated desserts and gain experience working on the line in a kitchen. El Vez is modern Mexican, so applicants will learn basic knowledge of sponge cakes, ice cream/sorbets and baked custard but also learn how to incorporate Mexican flavors (and Flair!).
Can be full time or part time depending on schedule; production in the mornings/work service during lunch.
STARR restaurants offers paid vacation to hourly employees after one year.
Contact Jesse Leung : email@example.com
July 1, 2014
Public House Investments is looking for Upper Level Restaurant (GM/ AGM) and Sales Managers...
We have mulitple concepts in the Philadelphia Market including:
City Tap House (an approachable craft beer centric restaurant/ bar)
Field House Sports & Beer Hall (Philadelphia's Largest sports bar with elevated sports bar food, craft beer, games and live music)
Pennsylvania 6 (a throwback 40/50's era looking diining room, with unique craft cocktails and upscale American regional cuisine)
- Highly self-motivated individual seeking career opportunity in a team environment with long term growth.
- Management experience, in hospitality/ retail preferred, but not required
- Dynamic individual able to oversee as well as develop special events, sales and marketing strategies
- Build relationships with guests as well as maintain and spread culture of a positive work environment
- High standards for guest focused hospitality
- Passion for approachable great food, cocktails and craft beer
Different concepts focus on different themes, though it is hospitality towards our guests and consistency & quality for our product.
Proficiency in the following task is beneficial, but not required
• POS (Micros)
• Guest Relations
• Menu Buidling
• Payroll Entry
• Steps of Service/ Hospitality Training
June 19, 2014
Cooking Crew is a food education project housed within the Comegys Elementary School summer school program. In Cooking Crew students work in teams to cook and serve a healthy meal to their peers. It is a school food intervention where kids take direct ownership and control of what they eat for lunch. Elementary school students, college/graduate students, school staff and community volunteers work together to implement the project. The food education experience created through these partnerships is multi-faceted, with a curriculum rooted in culinary arts, nutrition, math, writing, digital media, visual arts, and public speaking.
The foundation of the Cooking Crew project is a competition in which teams of students work together to accumulate points through creating delicious food and also completing an integrated and connected set of activities, such as calculating a nutrition label, designing recipes, serving and presenting the meal, writing food critiques, drawing menus, sculpting centerpieces, and studying food waste.
The Cooking Crew Kitchen Manager is responsible for overseeing the meal production across teams. This involves ‘floating’ between the cooking stations constantly asking students questions related to their cooking decisions, providing support and direction in culinary techniques, inspecting knife safety practices, overseeing health/hygiene/safety standards, and documenting best practices. The Manager also directs the certification program for the student chefs, overseeing practical tests indicating advancement in student’s cooking skills. At the end of the cooking session, the Manager assigns scores to each team for their teamwork in the kitchen, kitchen cleanliness, and for taste and presentation of the dish. Outside of the kitchen, the Kitchen Manager works with the Procurement Manager to refine, scale up, standardize the student-ideated recipes for the next week’s Cooking Crew.
The Kitchen Manager is an 8-10 hr/wk position beginning anytime between June 23-30, and ending mid August. Must be available Thursdays between 9-1pm. There is the potential to continue in the fall and spring. Confidence in the kitchen is a necessity, experience working with kids is preferred.
June 18, 2014
The Department of Sport Management has several opportunties for students to do their co-op internationally in Italy (Parma and Rome) and Ireland (Dublin). Each student accepting an international co-op will recieve a $3500 stipend from Steinbright in addition to any aid already being received. Please note that all positions are unpaid.
Experience Gaelic Games - Dublin, Ireland
Experience Gaelic Games provides the opportunity for individuals and groups to learn more about and then play the unique Irish games of Hurling, Gaelic Football and Handball. They also teach Irish “Ceilí” dancing or how to beat an Irish “Bodhrán” drum. The organization is run by a husband and wife team, Cormac O’Donnchú and Georgina Caraher. They are currently ranked #1 out of over 200 attractions in Dublin from the TripAdvisor website!
The Co-op student will have the opportunity to work in the following areas of the organization: corporate teambuilding, management, registration, website design and maintenance, event management, social media and marketing.
National Aquatic Center - Dublin Ireland
The National Aquatic Centre, located in Dublin, is under the remit of the National Sports Campus Development Authority and is operated by a wholly owned subsidiary of the NSCDA. The Centre was officially opened in March, 2003. It successfully hosted the swimming events of the 2003 Special Olympics World Summer Games, the first time this event was held outside of the United States. It also hosted the European Short Course Swimming Championships in December 2003. Swim Ireland officially launched a High Performance Unit in April 2010 and conducts training camps for elite swimmers at the Centre.
Facility Management Assistant
The co-op student will have the opportunity to work in the following areas of the organization: youth development programs, club management, marketing, event management, and other areas as assigned.
Na Fianna - Dublin, Ireland
Na Fianna is unique in Dublin in that it incorporates into one club every facet of Gaelic games and culture, for men, women, boys and girls. Members partake in hurling, football, camogie, handball, racquetball, céilí dancing and snooker.
Social Media Specialist / Club Operations Assistant
The co-op student will have the opportunity to work in the following areas of the organization: youth development, club management, marketing, social media, recruiting, and other areas as assigned.
Virtus Roma - Rome, Italy
Virtus Roma is a professional basketball team based in Rome, Italy. The team has a storied history and plays in the Italian Cup Championships and in the Euroleague.
Front Office Specialist
The co-op student will have the opportunity to work in the following areas of the organization: Communication/PR, Ticket Sales, Grass Roots Marketing, Youth Development, Team Operations, Corporate Sales, Marketing, Events/Operations, Merchandise, New Media, and Community Relations, among others.
Parma Panthers - Parma, Italy
The Parma Panthers is an American football team based in Parma, Italy.
In 2006, the team reached the Italian Super Bowl for the first time ever. In 2007, the team reached the XXVII Super Bowl, losing against the Bergamo Lions. In 2010 and in 2011 Panthers won the title of Italian champion by beating respectively Catania Elephants and Bologna Warriors.
Marketing Coordinator / Community Outreach Coordinator
The co-op student will have the opportunity to work in the following areas of the organization: Communication/PR, Ticket Sales, Grass Roots Marketing, Youth Development, Team Operations, Corporate Sales, Marketing, Events/Operations, Merchandise, Operations, New Media, and Community Relations, among others.
For additional information and full job descriptions, please email Dr. Amy Giddings at firstname.lastname@example.org
June 18, 2014
CCOF is one of the oldest and largest organic certification organizations in the U.S. and works to promote
organic production through certification, education, and outreach programs.
More information is available at www.ccof.org
. CCOF is expanding services in field level food safety services.
CCOF Certification Services, LLC (CCOF) is seeking a Program Manager to work in the Santa Cruz, CA office.
This program management position requires knowledge of organic standards, food safety practices and
standards, personnel/auditor management, program development and oversight and the ability to work in a
fast-paced office environment with demanding job responsibilities.
Depending on qualifications, skills, and experience this position may have an opportunity to oversee new
programs, quality systems or other areas critical to the success of CCOF Certification Services, LLC.
JOB DESCRIPTION: This position is responsible for implementation of CCOF’s developing food safety programs
including operational and strategic development of GLOBALG.A.P. services and implementation of the
GLOBALG.A.P. business plan, including building CCOF’s visibility in the food safety arena, expanding CCOF food
safety program client base, and developing educational tools.
The person in this position works to integrate food safety, GLOBALG.A.P., and other services into existing CCOF
systems and works with CCOF Inc. to support their food safety education programs and communication
Successful manager will build CCOF’s food safety services into an integral part of CCOF’s services menu while
ensuring profitability and expanding the operational capacity to support CCOF’s growth as a leader in the
organic world. Certification Operations Assistant (2 openings): http://ccof.org/sites/default/files/Cert%20Ops%20Assistant%206-2014.pdf
The Certification Operations Assistant is a full-time, non-exempt employee of CCOF’s Certification
Services based in Santa Cruz, CA. The Assistant reports to the Certification Operations Supervisor.
Job Duties: The Assistant completes a wide range of daily tasks associated with the certification of
organic food. Will work with various software programs including an online and in-house database.
Tasks performed by the Assistant are essential to the certification process including data entry, filing,
copying, mailing, and writing letters.
June 18, 2014
We are a small, working and educational farm, nestled beside a back country road running between Sheffield, MA and Salisbury, CT. Dedicated not only to bringing fresh, organically-raised meat and produce to market, but to the education of new farmers, school-aged children, and the community at large. Our mission is strong but we need a few helping hands to grow it.
Currently we have two types of positions to fill:
Seasonal Intern: A 3-6 months position for those interested in gaining a deep working knowledge of farm life but who may not yet know if they will make farming a career. Stipend and full board included. Rooming possible if available, with the option to live off-farm. For application details and job responsibilities, click the link.
Short-Term Volunteers/WWOOFers: For those with limited time but considerable interest in contributing to the life of a working farm for a short period of time. Participants are given a quick and intense immersion into the farm life, work, and issues and work alongside new farmer apprentices and seasonal interns. Schedule and length of participation to be determined according to the time and commitment the volunteer has to offer, and subject to the needs of and space availability on the farm. For more information, click the link.
June 18, 2014
Wholesome Wave is striving to create a more vibrant and equitable food system. It is our mission to empower people to make healthier food choices by increasing affordability and access to healthy, locally grown food in ways that generate significant economic impact on local economies, support small and mid-sized farms and improve health. Wholesome Wave’s current programs are in 25 states and DC, at more than 300 farmers markets across the country and benefit more than 3,500 farmers.
Wholesome Wave is seeking to fill an Associate position within our Innovations Lab. This is a full-time position based out of our Bridgeport, CT office reporting to Cristina Sandolo (Innovations Lab Director). We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic, self-starter with excellent strategic thinking, project management, and written and oral communications skills to work collaboratively on new projects with staff, partners and stakeholders. The Innovations Lab Associate will advance Wholesome Wave’s pursuit of breakthrough solutions to food system challenges. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute creatively, driving pilots, experiments, and research in innovative food systems initiatives. This person will have a leadership role in designing and implementing pilots, will support other teams at Wholesome Wave in pilot development, and will support the Director in strategy development and identifying new opportunities for collaboration and partnership.
Further the organization’s ability to seek out new, high-impact initiatives:
• Take on a leadership role in maintaining and continually improving our Opportunities Vetting Process to further engage staff in coming up with and vetting new concepts;
• Identify opportunities for new, cutting edge pilots and experiments in the field through partnerships and interactions with national food systems leaders;
• Maintain a database of new concepts and trends in the sector;
• Craft and deploy “pitch contests” to source concepts and ideas from WW partners and national experts;
• Collect best practices for initiatives with growth momentum (for example, mobile markets); identify and recommend application for WW and our national partners;
• Coordinate with other departments to provide support as needed, as they create and deploy pilots and experiments among their teams;
• Develop relationships with organizations that can be partners in innovation.
Lead the design and execution of pilots and experiments:
• Form new collaborations with outside organizations to create special teams with diverse skill-sets to test new concepts;
• Respond to new ideas from the organization’s staff, board, and partners with vetting and pilot design processes; support other Wholesome Wave teams in pilot work as needed;
• Continue to refine and deliver internal tools for pilot design and tracking;
• Design pilots with strategic intent, hypothesis, methods, evaluation plan, and communication plan;
• Lead pilot implementation with an appropriate degree of comfort with uncertainty; respond to feedback in real-time through iterations to approach; thoroughly track changes in course direction and lessons learned; evaluate based on determined metrics and meaningful insights for the organization;
• Lead WW’s activity in Bridgeport’s emerging local food landscape, including:
o Implementing a single-vendor farm stand viability pilot;
o Steering Double Value Coupon Program (DVCP) operations and strategy across a growing local network (the Bridgeport Farmers Market Collaborative); and
o Providing valuable knowledge and direction to Wholesome Wave’s FoodCorps member and associated projects.
Support a general culture of Innovation at Wholesome Wave ensuring that tools and knowledge are shared throughout the organization.
Support the Innovations Lab Director in department strategy and partnership development, including composing compelling case studies and concept papers to secure support for ongoing pilot work.
We are seeking a candidate with a multidisciplinary background, including:
• Undergraduate or graduate-level degree
• Demonstrated interest in healthy food, local agriculture, or social justice
• Basic knowledge of food, food systems, agricultural and/or public health related policy
• Experience with community-based programming
Abilities, Skills & Attributes
• Think strategically, understanding the relationship of short-term projects to WW’s long-term vision
• Manage projects independently, seeking input and direction at key times
• Problem solve (for example: through prioritizing issues; through generating multiple solutions)
• Understand the perspective of those in other sectors and what others aim to accomplish, (for example, to build highly effective collaborations)
• Develop effective approaches to large tasks within constraints of resources (such as budget and time)
• Synthesize ideas and identify common themes across concepts
• Work collaboratively with other departments and organizations on projects, maintaining focused direction that meets the requirements of the project.
With the following skills and attributes:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Strong research and analytical skills; ability to synthesize and clearly communicate information
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and assignments at once
• Familiarity with and interest in technologies, apps, or web-based platforms (for example, project management tools)
• Evaluation and questioning skills (for example, identifying valuable measurements; ensuring approach meets project requirements; asking questions that challenge current knowledge)
• Comfort with risk-taking and adapting to shifting challenges
Compensation, Time and Classification
• Full time position, available immediately.
• Based out of our Bridgeport, CT office.
Please send resume and cover letter by July 11th, 2014 to: email@example.com
(please include “Innovations Lab Associate” in the subject line)
June 6, 2014
INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION (NON-PAID)
This internship with the Greater Philadelphia Life Sciences Congress (PHLLife) provides support services to the Executive Director of the Life Sciences Congress and its Coordinator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Serve as an assistant to the LSC Coordinator
• Perform industry research as assigned
• Assist in maintaining a web based database
• Work closely with the LSC Coordinator and the PHLCVB Communications Department to maintain
LSC web page
• Assist in identifying new opportunities for life sciences convention and meetings
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Hospitality or some Business major field of study required
• Strong communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Creativity and Flexibility
• Initiative and Drive
• Organized and manages time well
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
• Must be a team player
• Ability to travel to sites around the city
• Commitment to PCVB mission to promote Philadelphia as a world-class center for life sciences meetings, conventions and businesses.
• Self-motivated, proactive problem solver
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Ability to use Microsoft Office applications to design and structure reports
• Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to interact with staff, volunteers, board members, corporate officials, professionals in government, academia and the non-profit sector.
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• Knowledge of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, iDSS) a plus
Current enrollment in a four-year college/university or graduate program, with two years previously completed. All positions are unpaid; however you must be completing this internship for college credit. Interns will receive great experience and access to the vast network of PHLCVB contacts.
PROJECTS MAY INCLUDE:
• Attend activities hosted by PHLLife/PHLCVB
• Participate at activities hosted by PHLLife/PHLCVB
• Job shadow department assigned to learn how the department functions in PHLLife/PHLCVB
• Review websites to find travel information
• Participates in research projects
• Assisting with event production
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This internship description is not intended to be all inclusive. You will perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by your immediate supervisor(s). The administration reserves the right to change or revise the internship duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
June 6, 2014
Max Brenner Restaurant in Center City is hiring a line cook / prep cook. Starting wage is $8/hr depending on experience will increase with quantity learned. The position would begin on the prep/dessert line, opening the line, prepping and stocking the line and making food to order.
This is a part-time position (15-30 hrs/week). Saturday and Sunday morning shifts.
Interested applicants contact
June 5, 2014
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Food Scientist is responsible for performing product development work to meet project objectives supporting margin enhancement initiatives within the Duncan Hines Dry Division. May be asked to perform multiple, simultaneous projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following, other duties may be assigned.
• Execute tests using recognized procedures.
• Interpret results and translate to possible solutions.
• Collaborate with procurement, suppliers and marketing.
• Learn and utilize the on-line specification system.
• Maintain accurate and complete records.
• Develop product development skills.
• Demonstrates a working knowledge of plant processes and facilities.
• Build and develop relationship with cross functional teams
• Demonstrate technical competence.
• Demonstrate creative problem solving skills.
• Good time management skills.
• Ability to interact with others in manufacturing, lab, and office environment.
• Computer skills that include Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Basic understanding of the sciences.
• Basic knowledge and understanding of food recipes.
• Frequent travel (35%-50%).
• Ability to conduct testing in plant environment.
• Ability to lift up to 60 pounds.
• Minimum of 2 years experience working in a Food or CPG company considered a strong plus.
• Experience in grains, meat and/or seafood preferred.
• BS/MS Food Science, Chemical Engineering or equivalent required.
If interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Emory McLeod: firstname.lastname@example.org
May 30, 2014
April 14, 2014
Fork Restaurant, High Street on Market and a.Kitchen and Bar are filling positions in both the front of the house and back of the house at all of their restuarants.
Intersted candidates should contact Jonathan Deutsch at email@example.com
March 25, 2014
Au Bon Pain is looking for management.
Email Megan Coleman at firstname.lastname@example.org
March 25, 2014
The Floor Supervisor is responsible for managing all front-of-house (FOH) operations in conjunction with the back-of-house (BOH) in the restaurant during opening, mid and closing shifts. Key responsibilities include coaching, developing and disciplining team members during service, managing the guest experience to ensure that it is always up to Peppercorn standards, overseeing the quality of our food and beverages, and supervising the overall restaurant flow and experience on a shift-by-shift basis. The Floor Supervisor is charged with ensuring Peppercorn is executing service at the highest level and never letting standards slip. The Floor Supervisor’s focus is improving internal operations to solidify and optimize performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Shift Execution • Perform opening, mid and closing shift duties • Manage daily operations including cleanliness, organization, revenue opportunities and staffing • Exercise discretion and independent judgment in facilitating zone management • Ability to quickly and accurately identify critical information and make independent judgments in accordance with the philosophies and business practices of Peppercorn Guest Relations Management • Manage guest relations and guest recovery • Provide exceptional guest service, thereby setting the standard for all employees • Monitor staff performance and hold staff accountable for their performance, ensuring guest's experiences meet Peppercorn’s standard Personnel Management • Make hiring and termination recommendations to General Manager/Vice President • Train, coach, develop and discipline all front-of-house employees through ongoing feedback and the establishment of performance expectations • Participate in on-going education for team members including creating training programs Operational Execution • Manage supplies deliveries and inventory and maintain records of invoices • Ensure safety & sanitation • Ensure restaurant and bar is in complete compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations • Observe employees to ensure the safe service of alcohol • Accurately execute Peppercorn initiatives and policies with improvement to quality, service, and operations Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required • Excellent service skills • Must possess a strong attention to detail • Ability to work in a high stress, faced-paced environment • Must possess strong leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to build relationships and manage staff (at all levels) • High personal integrity, professionalism and maturity • Proven problem-solving abilities • Excellent math, reading, writing and communication skills Essential Physical Requirements • Must be able to walk and stand for entire shift, up to 12 hours • Must be able to continuously reach, bend, and stretch • Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs Education • Bachelor's degree preferred Experience • At least 1 year experience in a high volume ($3-$5 million), casual/upscale restaurant is strongly preferred but not required • Experience in a supervisory or management role preferred but not required Salary • Commensurate with experience
March 25, 2014
ARAMARK’s Internship Program, targets college sophomores, juniors and seniors who have at least 1 summer available to work full-time prior to graduating. This program is specifically designed to help students expand their experience and understanding of ARAMARK’s operations and businesses and leadership in preparation for our full time Accelerate to Leadership Program upon graduation. The Internship Program equips students with the tools and exposures that will assist them in successfully navigating the many diverse areas of business at ARAMARK. Interns will be given the opportunity to enrich and nourish lives in the communities we serve through hands-on meaningful management experiences!
Available Positions: Operational Roles in Food & Beverage and Facility Management
Participate in the management of the day to day operations of a client account in either food or facilities services or a combination of services • Leadership/supervisory responsibility of hourly associates • Oversight of safety and sanitation as well as client/customer satisfaction • Adherence and oversight of contract requirements • Exposure to management functions such as scheduling employees, managing labor/food costs, inventory, ordering, and oversight of various projects • Assisting with recruitment of supervisors and associates as well as involvement in disciplinary/coaching conversations • Completion of milestones and experiences as outlined in your program learning plan
Qualifications: • Must be enrolled in a 4 year bachelor’s program at an accredited college/university. hospitality, business, management, marketing, human resources, IT, accounting/finance majors preferred • Previous supervisory or leadership experience preferred • Strong organizational, time management and leadership skills are required • The ability to communicate effectively with clients, client's customers, and support staff • The ability to respond effectively to changing demands • Experience with and knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications • P&L accountability and/or contract managed service experience is desirable • Flexibility for location or event-based hours, which may include nights and weekends
March 20, 2014
Now hiring cooks, runners, bussers and servers for new PA centric, farm to table restaurant. JUNTO RESTAURANT is chef owned/operated with emphasis on service standards and excellent quality food made from scratch using regional ingredients and modern preparation techniques. If you're familiar with the restaurant industry and you've got game this is the place for you. Only those serious about pushing to make something special happen need apply. Culinary/Hospitality degree is helpful, above all else candidates will be judged on knowledge, work ethic and a willingness to do whats best for the team. The Philadelphia Inquirer has labeled Junto one of the most anticipated restaurant openings of 2014. Full time preferred with a set shift of Tues-Sat Night, part time applicants accepted only for Sat/Sun Brunch. Please note in reply what position you are interested in and attach resume.
If interested, please send resume to MacGregor Mann: email@example.com
compensation: commensurate with experience
March 13, 2014
Common Market is excited to announce its 2014 Local Food Operations Fellowship. This two-year, full-time position will perform tasks critical to Common Market's continued growth, while furthering the Fellow's professional development and career goals. The Local Food Operations Fellowship is ideal for an emerging professional looking to launch his or her career in creating a stronger regional food system.
Common Market is proud to be a leader in providing sustainable food from local family farms, and is dedicated to cultivating new leaders in the field. Visit our website to see the full Fellowship announcement and application instructions.
March 12, 2014
Dining Room Managers: Passion for Food / Wine / Hospitality
Culinary Professionals / Students with a Passion for Food
Full Time Positions, Detroit Metro Area
The Roberts Restaurant Group opened its first restaurant in 1983. Since that time we have carefully built a reputation for consistently delivering fresh, innovative food and superior service that truly sets us apart. Today, The Roberts Restaurant Group has grown into a collection of distinctly different restaurants in the Metro Detroit area, each with its own individual personality and presence. Yet each is connected by a common thread of hospitality and a commitment to maintaining the highest of standards.
The Roberts Restaurant Group takes tremendous pride in our talented, committed team. Every member is handpicked and attentively trained to provide a stellar dining experience and to uphold the reputation we have built throughout the decades. We are currently looking for full-time dining room managers and culinary professionals. If you have a passion for food, wine and hospitality as well as a commitment to excellence, consider a career with us. We strive to attract the top people: benefits and top wages for top performers, exceptional opportunities to learn and advance. Grow with us!
Compensation is commensurate with education and experience with exceptional opportunities for advancement. We provide benefits including comprehensive health, dental and life insurance plans, vacation pay and a 401(k) Plan.
Interested candidates may e-mail or fax their resume. A cover letter recommended but not required.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 248-646-5281
March 11, 2014
The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) is currently seeking bright and highly-motivated students for the Defense Logistics Agency Pathways Internship Program. This paid program includes informal training, valuable work experience and challenging work assignments. Individuals who complete the program may transition into Federal positions. The DLA is seeking full-time students who are US citizens for multiple long-term, part-time internships at DLA Troop Support Philadelphia. Three positions are currently available in subsistence, quality assurance, and supply chain management.
Individuals selected for this position will perform training assignments familiarizing them with basic quality assurance procedures and techniques such as conducting routine inspections regarding subsistence items and the quality of food supplier and distributor processes.
For more information and to apply:
1. Student Trainee (Subsistence) http://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/362384000
2. Student Trainee (Quality Assurance) http://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/362384000
3. Student Trainee (Supply) http://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/362273600
March 10, 2014
Internship: Food Writer Type: Part-Time Experience: Internship Function: Writing/Editing Compensation: Stipend $100 Location: Bronx, NY, United States
Coqui the Chef, a social enterprise, is looking for a Food Writer Intern to help us write our amazing adventures and help spread the word about this innovative social enterprise.
Job Description: We’re looking for a smart, big-hearted, creative, self-directed, and passionate person to help us build Coqui the Chef! We promise that you’ll have lots of opportunities to learn and grow, meet amazing people, build your network, cook/eat incredible food, and contribute in meaningful ways. We are a very small operation, which means you will also be able to get involved in any other areas of the business that interest you.
The roles and responsibilities that you will contribute are: • Help us write engaging and creative content for some of our communications efforts (blog, newsletter, press release, press, articles, etc.) • Attend and document some of the cooking classes, workshops, parties, etc. • Interview parents, kids, etc. • Research press outlets, and help draft outreach emails and suggested social media text. • Help us put together our press media kit.
Exposure: In some cases you might even come out on TV, photos or other media outlets. Here are some of Coqui the Chef's appearances on TV and the newspapers: http://www.coquithechef.com/#!press/cw8q Experience/portfolio building: tell friends, colleagues and future employers about what you helped us achieve. Let them know you are/were part of the solution!
Desired Skills & Experience: • You must have a passion for food, cooking, and learning about different cultures. Be excited to try everything. • You have an understanding of most social media platforms and how to use them in different, strategic ways. • You enjoy reading and watching food in the media--like magazines, shows, conferences, etc. • You LOVE to write!! You have a knack for telling compelling and engaging stories, ideally across different media (writing, photo, video). • You have excellent written, verbal and editing skills. • You connect easily with people from different backgrounds and cultures. • You’re super organized, dependable, thorough, and detail-oriented. • You’re self-directed and self-motivated. You’re as happy working on your own as you are collaborating with others. You take initiative and go the extra mile. You’re good at prioritizing and organizing workflow, and juggling multiple tasks. You’re always trying to find ways to improve your work and your process. • You’re flexible and adaptive and have a great sense of humor. • Public relations experience a plus. Internship: 1-3 months (To start ASAP) Hours: 5 hours a week or less depending on the projects
Contact: Tania Lopez Email: email@example.com Subject line: Food Writer Intern Please send your resume or apply at http://www.coquithechef.com/#!jobs/cbau/1
March 7, 2014
Association Headquarters, Inc., one of the "Best Places to Work" in the Philadelphia/South Jersey area, is looking to add a Meeting Manager, responsible for all aspects of planning, coordinating and executing all activities related to meetings, special events, board and committee meetings, including hotel selection & accommodations, budget preparation, contract negotiations, audiovisual, and air/ground transportation for meetings of up to 1000 participants. Association Headquarters, Inc. is a growing association management company that has been operating since 1978. A leader in the association and society management industry, Association Headquarters believes in fostered growth and development for all employees. AH pledges to provide its employees with an environment that cultivates valued experiences, growth opportunities and personal satisfaction. Our office, located in Mt. Laurel, NJ, is easily accessible from Pennsylvania and Delaware. Visit our Web site at www.associationheadquarters.com
Primary Responsibilities: Act as primary liaison with hotels and other vendors to handle the full scope of meeting planning, coordination and logistical responsibilities. Prepares operating budget and resume (operating guide) for each event On site event management including supervising perm and temp staff Negotiate contracts with hotels, caterers, DMC’s and other vendors Coordinate marketing pieces to include registration brochures, final program books, abstract review, processing and printing.
Secondary Responsibilities: Financials – track & pay bills relative to each account For all services related to each event has contract signing authority Prepare reports for presentation at board meetings Coordination of speaker invitation, acceptance and confirmation correspondence Honorarium and reimbursement review and payments to speakers and clients
Knowledge/Skill/Training Required: • Must possess industry knowledge • Minimum of 3 years of meeting planning experience • Ability to travel and work on-site to ensure that plans are carried out as previously arranged, that all activities go smoothly and that attendees receive outstanding service • Strong communication skills; both written and verbal • Exceptional organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and uncertainties • Working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Top 4 Characteristics or Attributes Essential to the Job: • Multiple tasks/ Organizational skills • Ability to exercise sound business judgment with minimal supervision, generating effective solutions quickly • Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as demonstrated professionalism and diplomacy, respect for business protocol • Professional and courteous interaction with faculty, clients, suppliers and other departments is essential in this position.
Educational/Professional Certification • College degree or equivalent work experience • CMP a plus
March 7, 2014
The Meeting Coordinator serves in a support role for the manager(s) under which he/she works. The meeting coordinator is involved in many aspects of the logistical planning of meetings.
As a Meeting Coordinator moves through the levels as outlined below, he/she is expected to take on additional responsibilities and become involved in more areas of meeting management. This should be driven by both the supervisor/manager(s) as well as the employee him/herself.
A Level I Meeting Coordinator (Level I MC) is an entry level position with little to no knowledge of the meeting management industry, and will have little to no previous business/professional work experience. A Level I MC will be mostly manager-guided, completing tasks as assigned but implementing a personal prioritization system to manage work.
A Level II Meeting Coordinator has demonstrated an ability to handle tasks on an independent level and takes on additional work as needed by the meetings team.
Responsibilities: ● Speaker management (invitations, tracking responses, collecting presentation materials ● Housing management (collecting VIP, speaker and staff housing and maintain master housing list) ● Registration management (collecting and inputting meeting registrations, customer service) ● Payment processing (bills and invoices, reimbursements) ● Logistics ( direct bill applications, assistance with set up book production, compiling site proposal responses, post-meeting statistic date collection) ● Duties as assigned (copies, scanning, filing, correspondence, internet-based research, proof-reading) ● Marketing - assist with development and proofing of all marketing material ● Website management – updating material on website ● Exhibition administration - collection of contracts and management of exhibit spreadsheet. ● For AH meeting department: books vender visits as well as handles food order and set up for any in house meetings as requested.
Measuring Performance • Ability to meeting deadlines from Meeting Manager and other AH staff. • Ability to travel to attend the assigned annual conferences and perform meeting coordinator duties.
For additional information and to apply, please visit http://www.associationheadquarters.com/careers
March 6, 2014
Parc Restauarant is seeking assistance in the pastry department for their busy season. The position will primarily responsible for working during the mornings and afternoons for weekend brunch.
Interested students should contact Abigail Dahan at firstname.lastname@example.org