September 1, 2015
Oceana Restaurant is seeking an events assistant to join its growing events team.
Ideal candidate will have:
sharp attention to detail
superior verbal and written skills
time management skills
excellent computer skills
fine dining experience
flexible schedule (this is a must)
extensive knowledge of food and wine is a plus
Time will be split between working in our office and helping to oversee events.
This is an hourly position (30-35 hrs weekly). Health benefits and paid vacation available.
Please post your resume within the body of your email to Katherine Rimmele at firstname.lastname@example.org
September 1, 2015
Role: Property Management
Local family operated Property Management Company is looking to fulfill a full time position, starting at $15.00 per hour. We are looking for someone who can organize documents on the cloud, create structure and populate. A working knowledge of hospitality, property management or engineering is a plus. This position will be supervised exclusively by the principal of the company.
Please contact Frank Lindy to apply.
Title: Nutritionally Savvy Kitchen Supervisor Supervisor: Director of the Shelter
Status: Full-Time Exempt
As recently profiled in the Philadelphia inquirer, Jane Addams is committed to providing creative and delicious fresh and healthy meals. We are looking for a supervisor to help continue this work and lead out team to the next level.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of the Shelter, the Nutritionally Savvy Kitchen Supervisor will maintain responsibility for the operation of the shelter meal program (focusing on healthy eating) to ensure compliance with OSH contract requirements and health standards.
The Kitchen Supervisor will be responsible for scheduling cooks and maintaining kitchen operations within budget as well as identifying partnerships within the community to enhance overall service.
Reflects in professional practice the mission and philosophy of Lutheran Settlement House/Jane Addams Place;
Develops partnerships within the community, focusing on healthy eating habits and educational programming for shelter clients;
Supervises kitchen staff;
Prepares meals according to Office of Supportive Housing (OSH) and CACFP (Child and Family Food Program) guidelines;
Oversees the operation and maintenance of all kitchen equipment according to safety and sanitary regulations;
Completes and ensures the timely submission to OSH of the weekly CACFP report;
Orders food and kitchen supplies on a timely basis from OSH and other vendors;
Maintains updated inventory of food and supplies;
Verifies incoming food and supply orders and corrects errors, shortages or surplus;
Cross trains kitchen staff to provide consistent meal service;
Attends and participates in OSH Cooks’ training and quarterly CACFP meetings as required;
Ensures that cooks are performing their duties as mandated by SafeServe regulations;
Maintains clean, organized and adequately stocked storage area;
Ensures that kitchen staff provide bottle washing capability for resident mothers.
Works in cooperation with the Director of Operations to arrange food pickup from OSH warehouse.
Brings to the attention of case management staff any issues related to special dietary needs of residents.
High school diploma or equivalent. This individual must be flexible and adaptable to fast moving environment. Must have knowledge of how to work with fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as, be interested in soliciting donations of fresh produce. Enthusiasm about cooking with fresh produce is
highly preferred. Demonstrated knowledge of food preparation and serving, kitchen procedures and
safety. Must be Safe Serve certified. Prior experience working in a food service program. Experience
working with homeless individuals or families is a plus. Must be able to carry 50 lbs of product.
To apply please submit a cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com.
August 31, 2015
I. Rice & Company is a food manufacturing company local to the Philadelphia area providing high quality and customized food products for over 125 years with a focus in both beverage and bakery items. The R&D Technologist will support our growing department with the daily execution of product development testing.
R&D Technologist Job Description:
This position supports the R&D department through assisting in the execution of formulas through
sample batch runs for new and existing products. In this role, documentation is a key function to ensure
the appropriate next steps are executed on subsequent levels. Additionally, willingness to perform
experimentation is of importance, not one who just follows procedures but also is one who is interested
in distinguishing results from each other.
Essential Jobs and Duties:
Must be able to accurately weigh/measure and then mix dry or liquid ingredients using various
types of equipment
Assist in preparation of formulas, specifications, processing procedures, and any other technical
material that allow for consistent and reliable execution in multiple manufacturing facilities, and
meet international legal requirements where possible
Maintains proper documentation on product formulations, testings, and evaluation of products
Execute sensory evaluation of new products
Support cross‐functional team members in order to meet deadlines
Participate in all team activities, including tastings, flavor testing and sensory evaluations
Maintain proper lab conditions and equipment maintenance
Be capable of working in various work settings of the facility including laboratory, office and
Bachelor of Science in Food Science or related field of study, along with 1‐2 years of basic lab
At minimum, one undergraduate course in statistics
Kitchen experience is essential, though may be in various formats: cooking, baking,
Food Safety certified (ServSafe) preferred
Good bench skills (weighing, mixing, heating)
Use of instrumental measurements including pH, moisture, titration, viscometry/rheology,
density (pycnometer), colorimetry, temperature
Ability to work in a team environment as well as individually in an environment with changing
Ability to manage time effectively
Proficient computer literacy with basic knowledge of MS Office
Good written and oral communication skills as well as attention to detail
Be able to lift 50 pounds
Be able to withstand long periods of time on one’s feet
All applicants should send resumes and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
August 31, 2015
Position Title: Food Service Manager
Employment Category: Full Time
Reports To: Director of Programs
Overseeing and managing all aspects of the food production, distribution, safety, and quality assurance elements of MANNA’s operation.
Specific duties include:
• Implement systems for optimizing fiscal responsibility in purchasing, maintenance and inventory control for all food, packaging and delivery needs and oversee execution or management of these systems
• Work with the nutrition department to revise cycle menus and ensure menus meet nutritional needs of MANNA clients
• Oversee the implementation, creation or revisions to menus for clients, customers, and donor events and the production, purchasing and packing systems associated with menus.
• Overseeing the completion of schedules, payroll , purchase orders, and PTO requests for the chefs, distribution, and porters
• Monitoring the use of PTO & sick time for chefs, distribution, and porters
• Implement systems to optimize production, packing, loading and delivery operations to meet departmental budget goals
• Oversee maintenance and repairs of kitchen equipment. Coordinate with facility maintenance for building repairs needs.
• Coordinate with Volunteer Associate on staffing to optimize service to clients
• Oversee the management of packing and loading to ensure accuracy of meal bags in accordance with six week menu cycle.
• Oversee and follow through with the necessary diet modifications making sure that all clients get the proper food.
• Oversee the management of the porters. Develop cleaning schedules and systems and make sure all list and protocols are followed.
• Meet, greet and assist all volunteers making sure they are properly instructed and dressed for their assigned task.
• Operates all food service and delivery equipment and machinery as needed.
• Assists in evaluating new recipes and products.
• Supervises storage and use of leftover food and packaging supplies.
• Process invoices on a weekly basis.
• Oversee competitive bid process annually
• Develops and maintains a good rapport with customers, soliciting feedback about products, service, and ideas
• All other duties as assigned.
• Must have a commitment to improving the quality of life of people at acute nutritional risk. Experience with therapeutic diets disease management is a plus.
• Must be well organized, able to think for oneself, and able to work with very diverse populations.
• Must have excellent communication and leadership skills.
• Must have current Serv-Safe certification, current Philadelphia Food Safety Certification is preferred.
• Must have current driver’s license.
• Registered dietitian or certified dietary managers preferred.
TITLE: Director of Programs
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
OVERSEES: Nutrition & Client Services, Kitchen, Distribution and Volunteer Departments
EMPLOYMENT CLASSICATION: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
The director of programs is responsible for the implementation, management, supervision and evaluation of all the organization’s programs. As a member of the senior management team, the director of programs participates in strategic planning and budgeting initiatives in addition to problem solving. He/she works within the guidelines, policies and mission of the organization and will be accountable and responsible for specific projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintaining MANNA’s mission, vision, and strategic plan for today as well as the future through the ongoing monitoring and development of existing programs and implementation of new programs based on client and community needs
• Plan, develop, and monitor the annual capital, expense, labor and revenue budget.
• Work in conjunction with advocacy committee and contribute to the strategic planning to ensure good public relations and the highest standards of customer service for our client population.
• As a member of senior management assist with the development and monitoring of goals, performance targets and performance standards of all operational departments (Nutrition & Client Services, Kitchen, Distribution and Volunteer Departments)
• Professional writing in numerous formats (project documents, reports, presentations, and proposals)
• Develop and implement strategies that will maximize the synergies among program areas
• Participate in Board of Director’s meetings
• Responsible for tracking, reporting outcomes, overseeing the billing and invoicing of contracts.
• Responsible for the evaluation and professional development of operational department heads.
• Work in conjunction with executive chef in procurement and bidding process for purveyors.
• Developing, coordinating and monitoring productivity standards within all operational departments.
• Establish, development and implement monitoring tools and measures to assist in maintaining the highest level of quality assurance within operational departments.
• Recruit, hire and oversee training and orientation of all program staff.
• Minimum of a BA/BS, Registered Dietitian strongly preferred
• Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models.
• Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool and experience working with information technology staff to develop and implement program evaluation systems.
• Strong project management skills
• Deep understanding of human resources, employee performance improvement plans, and corrective action policies.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
• Strong commitment to quality, excellence, and client service.
• Flexibility, adaptability, and organization needed to support multiple projects and deadlines.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and commitment to and passion for MANNA’s
Intersted applicants should send cover letter and resume to Sue Daugherty RD, LDN | CEO at: email@example.com
August 27, 2015
• The Ticket Sales Representative’s main responsibility is to produce ticket revenue by developing and maintaining season and group ticket accounts. The TSA will sell new season seat accounts through outside sales appointments with businesses, and over the phone sales to local residences. The TSR will also sell new group accounts to decision makers within businesses and non-profit organizations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Meet all sales goals assigned.
• Set appointments over the phone with decision-makers, consistently meeting the weekly goals for sales appointments.
• Master all sales presentations (taught in sales training), and deliver it in front of company decision-makers, tailoring packages according to each company's needs, and handling objections in an effort to bring in new season seat accounts.
• Develop and maintain a database of potential group and season-seat customers.
• Contact group leaders through the database and through new leads, particularly after a direct mail piece is released, to bring in new sales.
• Prospect for quality leads, particularly through asking for referrals.
• Provide customer service to existing accounts by visiting with them during games, as well as provide amenities.
• Make phone calls during the season and off-season to ensure personalized, continual contact with ticket holders.
• Work with the Box Office to update certain sales reports.
• Complete any customer service an operational duties in season as assigned.
• Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned (i.e. contract fulfillment).
• Experienced in sports team sales, general business sales, or sports management is preferred.
• Previous experience in face-to-face and telemarketing sales is ideal.
Interested candidates should email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
August 27, 2015
The BYNUMS will continue their long history of successful restaurant ventures in the city of brotherly love with what is sure to be a really incredible venues with live jazz, new southern cuisine and bourbon cocktails. They are looking for mature restaurant staff in all departments (managers, servers, bartenders, hostesses, bus, kitchen, etc.) that have experience but are still eager, passionate and ready to accept the job of a lifetime. Be on the ground level as we embark on this journey together - apply today.
You can e-mail us and/or come to our MIXER/HAPPY HOUR this Thursday from 7-9 PM at 600 N. Broad St. (Entrance on Mt. Vernon). Look forward to working with you. Thank you.
August 25, 2015
SALES MANAGER I JOB DESCRIPTION
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales
The Sales Manager, Level I, is responsible for effectively soliciting and becoming familiar with all accounts in his/her market segments. He/she is also responsible for prospecting and closing on assigned accounts/territory to positively impact hotel revenues. This is a training position designed to develop individuals into Level II Sales Managers.
Education & Experience:
• College course work in related field helpful.
• Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Must have a valid driver’s license for the applicable state.
• Must be proficient with Windows operating systems
• Long hours sometimes required. Typically a 50 hour work week.
• Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
• Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
• Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
• Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
• Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests.
• Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Uphold the Hyatt Brand Purpose by living out the Hyatt Values & Behaviors: Respect Integrity, Humility, Empathy, Creativity, & Fun.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel, but which will include a mandatory Mon.-Fri. ABR meeting.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the Aimbridge Hospitality dress code and wearing name tag when working (per brand standards)
• Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Comply with certification requirements as applicable for position to include: Food Handlers, Alcohol Awareness, CPR & First Aid
• Solicit assigned accounts to achieve or exceed budgeted rooms revenue and to improve performance in the marketplace.
• Comply with attainment of individual goals
• Make sales appointments and cold calls to consistently prospect accounts for all direct sales segments. Regularly contact existing accounts based on the tracing frequencies of the Accounts Coverage Program.
• Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within your market.
• Meet or exceed sales solicitation call goals as assigned by the Director of Sales.
• Invite clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours and site inspections, etc.
• Assist in implementing special promotions relating to direct sales segments i.e. sales blitzes, etc.
• Attend and participate in Daily/Weekly Sales Meeting.
• Attend monthly meetings of assigned professional organizations.
• Participate in required M.O.D. and Saturday office coverage as scheduled.
• Be familiar with all Aimbridge Hospitality sales policies and house rules.
• Employees must at all times be, attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to guests, other employees and managers.
• Attend monthly all-employee meetings and any other functions required by management.
• Meet and greet onsite contacts.
• Abide by Prime Selling Time (PST).
• Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within your market.
• React to negative trends in market place by implementing blitzes or catering promotions.
• Handle inquires as part of Inquiry Day Program.
• Perform any other duties as requested by the General Manager or Director of Sales.
In order to apply interested applicants can email me directly at Kristin.email@example.com or apply online through Aimbridge Hospitality Career site at http://www.aimbridgehospitality.com/people.
August 24, 2015
INTERNSHIP - CORPORATE HOSPITALITY & EVENTS | PHILADELPHIA 76ERS (PHILADELPHIA, PA)
• Open to COLLEGE STUDENTS ONLY; Juniors, Seniors, and Graduate Student
• Some game nights and/or weekends may be required depending on the position; flexibility to participate a plus
• Must demonstrate professionalism, a customer-first attitude, enthusiasm, and strong verbal and written communication skills, in addition to the requirements for the “Open Internships”
• Assist in the planning and execution of corporate hospitality events for all 76ers business verticals – including, but not limited to, ticket sales, business development, sponsorship, premium, marketing and basketball operations
• Help manage staff on event nights and take a leadership role
• Brainstorm and research fresh venues, vendors and new ideas for events in Philadelphia
• Assist in corporate client gifting program and managing gift database
• Participate in relevant planning meetings and site visits
• Prepare post-event recaps to share internally
• Help create and manage RSVP lists for events as well as name tag creation, check in procedures, etc.
• Track all event-related materials and keep inventory of all promotional items, supplies and giveaways
• Assist in the planning of the 76ers team trip program
• Provide creative insight for new event + hospitality initiatives
• Must have the ability to multi-task across a number of projects
• Maintains composure under pressure
• Is creative, strategic and solution oriented
• Is proactive and productive and has the eagerness to learn
• Must be motivated and willing to perform any task that is presented
• The ability to interface with colleagues and clients in a professional manner
• Strives to succeed in the event industry
• Is a self-starter who can go above and beyond what is expected
• Must be able to attend the majority of events that are planned throughout the internship
If interested, please contact Sarah Gurian: SarahGurian@sixers.com
August 24, 2015
Chelten House Products, Inc. values the contribution of each employee and offers this description to provide guidance regarding the content and performance expectations assigned to this position. This job description is written for the purpose of position training and compliance with applicable laws governing job content disclosure. This description should not be construed as all-encompassing, nor should it be construed to limit the nature and scope of the job duties assigned.
All employees are expected to demonstrate our Company values as they perform the duties of their assigned position.
Chelten House Products, Inc. and its employees from all levels of the organization share the responsibility of establishing and maintaining a safe work environment. The Company will work to ensure a safe environment in compliance with federal, state, and local safety regulations. Employees are expected to adhere to all safety rules, to exercise caution in all of their work activities, and are asked to immediately report any unsafe conditions.
Chelten House Products, Inc. and its employees from all levels of the organization share the responsibility of food safety and quality. The Company will provide adequate resources including employee training for compliance with federal, state, and local regulations as well as customer requirements. Employees are expected to adhere to all policies and procedures during work activities and are expected to report any food safety or quality issues.
All employees assigned any work on the production line are expected to follow Good Manufacturing Procedure (GMP) guidelines and to follow work procedures. It is important to communicate and work as a team.
1. Verify and assure all personnel are wearing appropriate uniforms, required safety items and hair/beard nets.
2. Inspect all filling equipment for proper sanitation. Swab test when required. Record.
3. Check freezer and cooler temperatures. Record. Report problems to maintenance.
4. Inspect locker rooms for cleanliness and neatness. Assure materials are stocked.
5. Disseminate necessary schedules and paperwork for the day. Prepare computers & carts.
6. Verify the correctness of: glass, case, cap, celon and labels per schedule and packing slip. Check each batch and every 20 minutes for cap security/vacuum and continued accuracy.
7. Verify with filler operator correct product, pack temperature and weight. Check each batch and every 20 minutes.
8. Check all CCP’s as required.
9. Input lot codes into bottle and case coders per schedule and packing slip. Verify on packaging. Check UPC symbols. Check each batch and every 20 minutes.
10. Verify correct palletizing, tag information and label integrity at palletizer station.
11. Immediately take action for ANY product or packaging falling out of specification. Place on hold any items not meeting the required specification and report to QC Manager.
12. Collect 1 bottle of each ID# for comparison sample, 2 from each batch for 24hour & retains.
13. Collect customer required samples.
14. Return carts, computers and 24 hour samples to lab when production is complete. Place retained samples in fenced retention area. Lock retention area and lab.
15. Assist processing QC as needed and perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or GED equivalent
August 24, 2015
A private Non Profit Child Welfare Agency has part time Food Service Worker position at the Youth Emergency Service (YES) Teen Respite Shelter located at 15th and Fairmount in Philadelphia, PA
The Food Service Worker will perform duties and tasks pertaining to preparation and serving/arrangement of food and beverage items provided to the teen residents at the shelter. As a condition of employment, this position requires current and acceptable FBI Clearance, Child Abuse Clearance and Criminal Investigation Report and a recent health assessment, which includes a TB screening. The agency does provide assistance and payment for clearances and health assessment as required.
JOB PHYSICAL DEMAND(S):
Constant standing or walking. Requires ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Bends, reaches, lifts, carries, twists, pushes, pulls, and handles equipment when performing duties. Repetitive wrist/arm movements when serving. Manual and finger dexterity and motor coordination are necessary to serve food and handle dishes/trays with agility and speed. Able to reach and operate equipment and systems safely and effectively. Ability to work in warm to hot and humid conditions.
• A ServSafe food manager certification is required.
• High school diploma or General Education (GED) equivalent required.
• Experience or training in foods and food preparation is preferred.
• Must be knowledgeable of the operation and care of kitchen equipment.
• Must have good verbal and written communication techniques and ability to communicate effectively.
Qualified candidates can submit their resume for review to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (215)222-2352.
August 24, 2015
A couple who live on Rittenhouse Square are interested in hiring a chef to prepare dinners 3 to 4 nights a week.
The require someone to repare dinner, heat & serve for two adults.
Cuisine would include: chicken, meat, pasta, simple grilled or sautéed foods.
In addition, they would need dishes in dishwasher (clean up after prep and the couple have finished)
1830 Rittenhouse Square
$125 fee plus reimbursement for cost of food
If interested, please email: email@example.com
August 18, 2015
Given the opportunity I’m sure that you would love to work in a fast paced environment with passionate and professional team, Right?
We here at 48th Street Grille, are excited to deliver attractive and quality service to our costumers simply because….well, they deserve it! We value team work, diligence, and look to capitalize on the passion that you bring to your work. So, leave all of the sad faces at home. Our contributors here at the Grille are friendly and possess approachable personalities that help set the atmosphere for great customer satisfaction.
So, if you are a hard working individual with a great personality and have a desire to serve others then our home is yours! We encourage you to apply for the position that best matches your background and passion today.
For more information:
August 18, 2015
Restaurant Help Needed:
We are a group of restaurants including several diners and upscale restaurants.
We are currently seeking to fill the positions of
• Short order cooks for our diner locations throughout Philadelphia
• Management for all locations
• Servers for our upscale dining location on Penn’s Landing
• Cooks for our upscale dining location on Penn’s Landing
Please send inquiries, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer a competitive salary based upon experience
August 18, 2015
The Food Service Lead Instructor provides instruction in Food Service and Preparation as specified in the curriculum. Prepares course outline for each subject taught and will acquaint all candidates with the course requirements and grading system.
Maintains a proper record of attendance, submits lesson plans, and provides any additional reports as required by the Director of Employment Network (Germantown and Bustleton).
Prepares all documentation required by the program: maintain records, completes necessary reports, and coordinates effort with appropriate staff.
Provides input into monthly evaluations and progress reports.
Maintains ongoing communications with the rehabilitation and employment counselors to assure maximum retention of candidates.
Performs related work a required.
Lead Instructor requirements as per the JEVS/AFSCME agreement.
Certifications as required by state regulations.
Knowledge of Adult Learning Theory and experience and teaching adults.
Ability to deal tactfully with staff, consumers, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
Ability to follow instructions, and to accept constructive feedback.
Sufficient verbal and written communication skills to perform the tasks required.
sufficient computer skills required to perform duties
August 17, 2015
Philadelphia Orchard Project, Philadelphia, PA
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Organization: Philadelphia Orchard Project (POP)
An Administrative Assistant will join the Philadelphia Orchard Project team to improve POP’s effectiveness by managing day- to- day administrative tasks and assisting with program evaluation, event planning, and fundraising. The Administrative Assistant will work collaboratively with POP staff and report to the Executive Director. This is a part-time (10-20 hours/wk) hourly staff position involving work from home and weekly staff meetings.
• oversee general administrative office tasks: communications, schedules
• assist with fundraising efforts including grant research, applications, and reports;
• co-chair POP Events & Fundraising Committees
• record data for evaluation of programs
• compile newsletters and maintain website and social media
• plan and promote events and fundraisers
• maintain and develop supporter database
• assist with outreach efforts
• Demonstrated commitment to food justice
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Office
• Experience planning events and/or fundraisers
• Detail-oriented, organized, flexible, and enthusiastic
• Experience working with diverse groups of people of all ages
• Self-motivated, self-directed, ability to work independently and with a team
• Ability to work from home and use own laptop for work projects
• Live in or near Philadelphia
• Grant-writing experience
• Familiarity with CIVICRM and/or Adobe Illustrator programs
• Experience in facilitating group discussions and public speaking
• Interest in sustainable agriculture, nutrition, environmental education,
youth/ community appeal and donor solicitation; and special events development
To apply, please send a cover letter including minimum rate expectation and a one-page resume to POP’s Executive Director, Phil Forsyth, at email@example.com
August 17, 2015
Specialty Food Culinary Intern Opportunity
Do you have a passion for the specialty food business industry? Start-up specialty food crafters are looking for culinary, hospitality and food science students to assist with product development, product production, recipe development, social media marketing, and creative sales strategy development and implementation. All businesses are located at Artisan Exchange in West Chester, Pa. http://artisanexchangewcpa.com/
An immediate position is available with Heirzoom Bakery, (www.fennome.com
) producer of hand-crafted mini Hungarian pastries called fennome.
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
August 17, 2015
Do you need work?
Do you want to be able to choose your own hours?
Are you interested in getting into the hospitality business?
Frog Commissary is looking for enthusiastic
workers to join our team! We are always searching
for servers to help us execute all types of events;
from small corporate cocktail parties to big, elaborate
For more information contact Greg DeVita email@example.com
August 12, 2015
Innovative Dining Group is Hiring Managers
Innovative Dining Group (IDG) operates a collection of premier restaurant concepts that includes Sushi Roku, BOA Steakhouse, Katana, and Robata Bar. We presently have seven locations in Southern California, a Sushi Roku inside the W Hotel in Scottsdale, Arizona, and a Sushi Roku at the Forum Shops at Caesars in Las Vegas. Our venues reflect bold, modern interpretations of traditional concepts, exquisite ambiance and impeccable service, while focusing on high quality food and new innovations of cuisine.
IDG is a family of restaurants dedicated to excellence. Our philosophy has helped to create both a loyal clientele and an exceptional group of employees. We are a unique brand with a talented group of professionals who truly value a team environment. We know that hiring the best talent is essential to maintaining our high standards and continuing to exceed expectations. So when we say we are looking for managers…we are only looking for the best of the best!
• A hospitality leader who truly understands what an amazing dining experience feels like?
• Known as a “Foodie” - Someone who feels warm and fuzzy inside when talking about food and wine?
• A leader who possesses a strong work ethic and inspires your team to be the “best of the best?”
• A restaurant guru who lives for working in a high-end, high volume restaurant where juggling multiple priorities is exciting?
• A restaurant professional who has a minimum of two (2) years management experience?
• An initial training program that will give you the tools and knowledge to be successful. Knowledge is power!
• A schedule that is diverse. In order for you to truly know the restaurant and understand all sides of our business, you must be exposed to all aspects of Delphine, and work varied shifts.
• A comprehensive and competitive benefits package, which includes Medical and Dental Insurance, Paid Time Off, Dining Discount at our collection of restaurants, etc.
• A monthly dining allowance. Everyone needs a night out with that special someone or friends – why not let us treat you at one of our sister restaurants.
• On-Going Development. We are committed to providing learning opportunities to members of our leadership team.
• Career advancement. We groom leaders internally before we look for them externally.
If, as you were reading this ad, you were nodding your head up and down, and saying, “yes”…then let’s talk! Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Innovative Dining Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage everyone to respond.
August 12, 2015
Buttercream Cupcake Truck Needs A Cool Social Media Intern!
Who we are: Founded by former attorney Katherine Carrara, Buttercream is entering its seventh year on the road. We are hoping to add a second truck, new products, and more events. We currently have about 15K followers on social media, and we want to keep growing our presence.
What we need: A student intern who is both passionate about food and building business through social media. An individual with strong writing and marketing skills, prior work with social media is a plus. The ideal candidate would work 20 hours per week on emails, event planning, social media, blogs, etc. There is potential to also attend events or work at various food venues in Philadelphia, New Jersey and beyond.
August 12, 2015
Tired Hands Brewing Company is now accepting applications for cooks and kitchen personnel for both our new Fermentaria location & our BrewCafe. Our menus requires that appropriate technique be executed to the highest standard. The highest quality work is absolutely critical to uphold our commitment to artisanal craftsmanship. In this position you will focus on our creative menus and learn how to operate within a true team environment.
An unwavering commitment to self-improvement.
Willingness to learn, and to uphold standards of excellence at all times.
Minimum of 2 years hard, tangible line cooking/garde manger experience.
Ability and willingness to follow directions precisely.Must be able to repeatedly lift up to 50lbs. to waist level, repeatedly lift up to 25lbs. over your head, work on your feet for up to 8 consecutive hours, and carry supplies up and down stairs without difficulty.
Highly developed understanding of ingredients, techniques, and operations of high-end cooking.
Serious attention to detail (the more specific and minute without losing sight of the big picture, the better!)Must have meticulous cleaning and proper food handling standards.
Serve safe certification a plus!
A positive attitude is essential.
A demonstrated history of being punctual and reliable (please provide references!)
Must have meticulous cleaning and proper food handling standards.
Experience with front of house operations is very good.Well-developed communication skills (show us in your well-crafted cover letter!)
Self-awareness and self-accountability: we hold ourselves to high standards, all candidates should do the same without being forced by their superiors to do so.
Flexible schedule and availability to work weekends and late nights.
Work ethic can't be taught.
Must be able to work at least 35 hours per week.
After-School All-Stars (ASAS) is one of the leading national after-school program providers in the country. Our comprehensive school-based programs combine activities and learning to help build the knowledge and skills children need to succeed, both in school and in life. Founded as a national organization by Arnold Schwarzenegger in 1992, ASAS is building a national model for after-school program delivery through our 15 chapters, all of which serve at-risk youth in major urban centers. ASAS Philadelphia was established in 2014 and works in 3 Title I public schools in the district.
After-School All-Stars Philadelphia is currently seeking an exceptional student leader to serve as a Development Intern. The Development Intern will report to and work closely with the development team to support four key areas:
• Marketing and Social Media
• Database Support
• Event Planning and Fundraising
• Office Administration
Traits and Characteristics:
The successful candidate will be detailed-oriented with strong organizational, communication and technical computer skills. The individual is expected to be a self-starter with strong interpersonal skills. The Development Intern will be an open and confident individual who is accessible, flexible, and capable of handling confidential materials in a professional manner. The successful candidate will have an interest in non-profit or related youth development programming. The individual will be interested in expanding opportunities for low income, Philadelphia youth. This position is ideal for a local college student seeking to gain experience in the field of non-profit development. The internship will begin in September, 2015.
This is an unpaid internship.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit a cover letter and resume to: Gabby Palumbo, email@example.com
. Please put “Last Name/Development Intern” in the subject heading. To learn more about ASAS Philadelphia, please visit our website: www.asasphiladelphia.org
August 11, 2015
Gift of Life Family House, serves as a "home away from home "for transplant patients and their families by providing temporary, affordable lodging, meals and supportive services to those who travel to Philadelphia for transplant-related care. Gift of Life Family House is a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization.
This is an excellent internship opportunity for a student majoring in a college level Public Relations or Marketing program to support Gift of Life Family House Communications and Fund Development initiatives.
Create, edit and publish daily posts for Family House social media pages to develop and enhance community interactions, increase mission’s visibility and build social media platform’s audiences.
Assists with planning, assembling of materials and special projects for (and possibly attend)third-party fundraising events.
Update and write website and blog content
Participate in the development and execution of annual fund campaigns
Assists in preparing, compiling and producing marketing and communication materials for Family House initiatives and programs, in conjunction with staff, committee members, consultants, vendors, volunteers, financial contributors and sponsors.
Prepares materials for meetings, appointments and presentations.
Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar, and layout, making appropriate changes necessary to achieve accuracy and clarity.
Prepares, organizes and facilitates mass mailings and general mail.
Maintains and updates electronic and manual filing system, retrieves information from files when needed.
Complete research and special projects as assigned by Family House Staff
Applicants should have superior written and oral communication skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office, a strong interest and knowledge of strategic social media use, experience working in a professional office environment; qualified candidates will demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy; will act in a courteous, positive and responsive manner; will possess the ability to work independently or as part of a team. Generally works M-F; 8:30am – 5:00pm and some evenings and weekends as necessary.
August 10, 2015
Eatem Foods in Vineland NJ has an open position in quality assurance department.
Please respond by sending your resume asap to:
Quality Assurance/Control Manager
Eatem Foods Company
1829 Gallagher Drive
Vineland, NJ 08360
August 10, 2015
Josh Thomson, executive chef at The Lodge at Woodloch, an award-winning destination spa in the Poconos, is looking for a new sous chef. If you’re interested in working with a talented team of people who love what they do, you should consider this hands-on supervisory position. It is ideal for someone with a passion for cooking with freshly picked ingredients. Your main responsibility will be to ensure food quality and presentation. If you have a passion for cooking and you’d like to do it at an award-winning resort with an acclaimed farm to table restaurant and spa, you should check this job out. It’s a great work atmosphere in a beautiful setting with a warm and friendly staff. Qualifications: Two years minimum experience as chef de cuisine or sous chef or an equivalent supervisor level. This job offers a competitive salary and great benefits. To apply, visit: http://www.thelodgeatwoodloch.com/careers/
The Lodge at Woodloch is located at 109 River Birch Ln, Hawley, PA 18428. Additional information and reservations are available toll-free at 1.866.953.8500 or log ontoTheLodgeatWoodloch.com.
August 6, 2015
REVOLUTION TACO is a New high volume quick service restaurant in center city slated to open in early September. We have a cool vibe and great selection of fare that sets it self a part from all others!
We offer a stress free, fun working environment and offer growth opportunities to the right individuals. Ourteam
oriented business culture is one of respect,and personal development.
Line Cooks: We are looking for (3) full time and (2)part time skilled line cooks who are motivated and have experience. ServSafe certifcation a plus.
Prep Cooks: We are also in need of (2) additional prep cooks for our commissary/kitchen in East Falls with the same criteria above.
Cashiers: Full and part time cahier positions are available for front of the house. Communications and marketing skills a plus. Experience with customer interaction required.
Plase send your qualifactions via email to Sue at firstname.lastname@example.org
or via mail at 33rd Street Hospitality Inc., 1816 Earlington Rd., Havertown, PA 19083
August 6, 2015
For 75 years Di Bruno Bros. has offered nothing but the highest quality products, made with integrity (often in-house), and infused with the story of the people who made them. It’s a story of discovery, of two brothers, aunts and uncles, of Culinary Pioneers and Philadelphians. And it is that dinner table mentality that has enabled Di Bruno Bros. to not only endure for so long, but also to grow and prosper both locally and nationally.
The following positions are now open:
Production cook- Saucier, catering event and prep cooks and sandwich production should apply under this listing
Pennsylvania 6, a post-prohibition style, contemporary restaurant and bar in center city, is seeking friendly, energetic, highly motivated individuals for a sales/event coordinating-focused internship this fall!
The internship will require some late-night and weekend hours, and the candidate will have to commute to center city to be on premise. The intern will be working side-by-side with our marketing and event coordinator and will be hands-on with multiple projects.
Ideal applicants will have the following qualifications:
• Hospitality or Marketing major preferred
• Great conversational and people skills
• Proficient in Excel and Word
• Hard-working, focused
• Strong sense of teamwork and ability to follow direction
Please contact Sam Hopper at SHopper@publichouseusa.com for further information or to apply. Please include your resume in the body of the email to the address above if interested.
Check out our website for addition information at pennsylvania6philly.com
August 3, 2015
POSITION: Suite Operations Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Suite Operations
JOB PURPOSE: Works as a team with both on-property operations Team Members and all Executive Team Members to ensure effective, efficient and accurate support.
JOB SUMMARY: The expectation is that this role is dedicated to fulfilling the responsibilities described below for the Senior Vice President, Assets Managing Director, Vice President of Design and Vice President of Suite Operations as needed for design and project management support.
TEAM MEMBER REQUIREMENTS:
Willingness to accept the most effective role.
Function as a representative of the Korman culture and standards to all Team Members and our residents.
Maintains regular attendance in compliance with the Korman standards.
Approach all encounters with residents and Team Members in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
Promotes a safe, secure and healthy work environment.
Maintains Resident/guest privacy and confidentiality by protecting all personal information.
Familiar with emergency and safety procedures for your role.
Adheres to Korman Communities Image Requirements policy.
Be willing to travel 80% of the time to all of the AKA / Korman Communities markets.
Optimize the suite operations by assisting in the development of SOP’s and developing cost savings analysis.
Maintain and expand a positive working relationship with existing and new vendor relationships and increase purchasing power.
Coordinate and implement special project enhancements and logistics.
Create project and capex budgets.
Work independently and within a team on special, nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
Responsible for maintaining confidentiality regarding all matters.
Schedules and organizes activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for all members of the department.
Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls.
Acts as a liaison with other departments and vendors, including high-level staff such as CEOs, presidents, senior vice presidents and managers. Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
Coordinate orders and invoicing for the design and asset team.
Participate in new systems and design initiatives.
General follow-up for property specific requests like furniture replacement needs, schedule deliveries, vendor payment, etc.
Assist with information gathering from yardi and other sources into specific templates, reports and identify trends.
Report management; follow-up on reports, collect information from submitted reported, enter information into specified templates to ensure standards are being implemented accordingly.
Update order guides and communicate with vendors to ensure pricing, lead times, contacts, terms, product numbers/descriptions are current and order guides updated via online and/or emailed to all Team Members.
AKA Way portal updating.
Develop and maintain design and suite specification books including care instructions, warranties, pictorial photo guides for brand and property specific suite presentation standards, etc.
FF&E installations: attend all FF&E installations to understand placement and perform furniture inventory and condition approval of final products received.
Compile team member feedback, trends, order histories and expense / budgetary information to support report development.
Perform asset walks of the AKA properties develop an improvement plan report for further review, decision making and the capex budget process.
Assist with related administrative responsibilities such as photocopying, faxing, scanning and filing and collating.
Make travel arrangements as requested.
Other responsibilities as assigned.
Strong guest/resident service, problem solving and decision making skills.
Strong appreciation for design and a design background.
Must be an energetic, self-starter and self-motivating.
Must have a “can do” positive attitude.
Superior organizational skills.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Possess exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
Strong time management, organizational skills with an emphasis on attention to detail.
Must be pro-active and have the ability to anticipate future needs.
Must be able to interact with a diversified group of people both internally and externally.
High school degree or equivalent.
Meticulous attention to detail
Must be extremely flexible and adaptable to daily frequent changes in a fast pace environment.
Must have proficient knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MSWord, Excel, Access, Adobe, PowerPoint)
Skills Needed: Motivational, verbal communication, written communication and manageability.
Must be willing to travel to the properties.
Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs.
Sits, stands, bends, stretches, lifts items and moves frequently during working hours.
Interested candidates should contact:
Nicole Diodati, PHR, SHRM-CP
Human Resources Managerndiodati@korman.com
August 3, 2015
Zavino Wine Bar Pizzeria is hiring servers for their locations in Midtown Village and Unversity City.
Interested candidates should email Jason Brooke, director of opeations at Jason@Zavino.com
The Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group is one of the world’s largest and most dynamic hotel companies. We have a fantastic portfolio of 1,319 hotels in operation and under development, a global footprint covering 81 countries and territories and a powerful set of global brands: Radisson Blu, Radisson, Park Plaza, Park Inn by Radisson, Country Inns & Suites By Carlson and Hotel Missoni.
Radisson Blu creates iconic buildings with individual interiors invoking an inviting, exciting ambiance and offering a holistic hospitality experience that is totally relevant to now. Radisson Blu flagship properties can be found in prime locations, including major cities, airport gateways and leisure destinations around the world.
Radisson Blu Hotels & Resorts, currently operates more than 230 hotels worldwide, with another 51 projects under development. Radisson Blu is a first class full service hotel brand with key differentiators such as the 100% Guest Satisfaction Guarantee and the Yes I Can! spirit of service.
For more information on our brands and services, please visit our website at http://www.carlson.com
We have an exciting opportunity for undergraduate interns for the fall of 2015 in our sales department!
The Sales Intern will support the sales & marketing and catering efforts of the hotel and provide administrative and general support to the sales & marketing and catering teams in a variety of administrative activities including but not limited to: maintenance of existing business clientele relationships, take the initial inquiry call or email, assist the customer and connecting with the appropriate sales or catering sales manager, ensure maximum profitability for the hotel and quality service for guests, word processing, account management, presentation preparation and customer follow-up and performing and coordinating all other administrative duties related to the sales process. The Sales Intern will be working on a part-time basis, budgeted at 24 hours per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Support the daily office activities of the sales team:
∙ Interact effectively with the sales team and customers
∙ Maintain customer database with key customer information
∙ Ensure all documents produced for the sales & marketing team (i.e. BEO's, contracts, rooming lists,
proposals) are completed accurately and on time
∙ Maintain a filing system and file all sales records, correspondence and other miscellaneous items
∙ Schedule appointments; make travel arrangements; reserve conference rooms for clients and/or
members of the sales and marketing team
Effectively support the sales process:
∙ Maintain thorough knowledge of the hotel's sales policies and procedures
∙ Assist in coordinating sales blitzes including communication with new prospects
∙ Assist sales & marketing team with creative marketing projects, such as proposals, advertisements
And special event invitations
∙ Build relationships with customers by responding to requests for information about hotel products
∙ Ensure customer service inquiries are promptly handled via telephone, mail and fax
∙ Send information to guests that inquire about the property
∙ Manage office supplies, sales & marketing collateral and client gifts/promotional items for the team
∙ Work directly with Meeting Broker as the main point of contact for the receipt and redirection of all
sales and catering leads
∙ Work as the liaison between the sales & marketing and catering departments and all other
∙ Prepare all email blasts and mail for distribution on a daily basis and as marketing efforts are
Support special projects as required:
∙ Assist with ad hoc database management to support sales & marketing strategies and tactics
∙ Produce special reports as needed for the sales & marketing team
The ideal candidate will be:
∙ Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program and have a minimum GPA of 3.0
∙ Customer oriented and have a friendly demeanor
∙ Confident and motivated
∙ Organized and must demonstrate strong multi tasking skills in a fast-paced environment
∙ Have a team spirit and at the same time be independent
∙ An effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills
∙ Have time management skills
∙ Detail oriented and analytical
∙ Knowledgeable of hotel sales and/or catering processes
∙ Have sales experience in a similar position
∙ Have prior customer service experience
∙ Have a genuine “Yes I Can!” attitude
∙ Able to work evenings and weekends as required
∙ Proficient in basic office applications and demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Word/Excel and
∙Sitting for extended period of time
∙Occasional long periods of standing
∙No heavy lifting expected, exertion of up to 25 pounds of force occasionally may be required
∙Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment
Please send resumes directly to Bonnie.Wissner@radisson.com
The Maryland Live Casino Internal Auditor is responsible for reviewing procedures in place to maintain compliance with federal, state, local, and Company requirements and reports where system weakness are identified.
• CLEAN - Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat, CLEAN and crisp personal appearance.
• SAFE - Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry-free, carefree experience.
• FAST - Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
• FRIENDLY - Greet guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guests concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
• FUN - Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plans and executes a comprehensive internal audit program, including preparation of financial, regulatory and process assessment.
• Conducts periodic audits to examine and analyze financial, operating, and administrative records to determine compliance with Maryland Live! Casino policies and procedures.
• Prepares reports for management describing the results of audit examinations, including recommendations for improvement.
• Assists with internal investigations.
• Responsible for internal audit activity for the casino, and other Maryland Live! Casino functional areas.
• Oversees the implementation of internal controls and policies.
• Answers internal policy inquiries from management and staff.
• Maintains updated knowledge of gaming laws and regulations applicable to areas of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
• Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in internal audit and/or finance operations, preferable in the hospitality industry.
• A 4-year degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field or equivalent work experience.
• CPA and/or CIA certifications would be a plus.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid gaming license as determined by the Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency for the position.
Maryland Live! Casino is located at the Arundel Mills Mall, providing the ideal setting for those seeking dynamic gaming entertainment with the convenience of world-class retail and dining experiences, all at one location. The freestanding casino will enhance the Arundel Mills Commercial District, already the #1 tourist destination in Maryland, attracting more than 14 million visitors per year. The Arundel Mills Commercial District currently offers 3 million-square-feet of retail, entertainment and commercial space and more than 1,400 hotel rooms. Located mid-way between Baltimore and Washington, D.C., Maryland Live! Casino will tap into one of the densest regional markets in the U.S.
July 16, 2015
27 W. Main Street
Maple Shade Nj, 08052
Line Cook / For Pasta Station
Menu consist of four pastas that are interchangeable with four sauces.
Specials vary week to week.
Full menu can be seen at http://www.tacconellispizzerianj.com/menu/
When Tacconelli's moved to its new location on Main Street in Maple Shade, we added a pasta line as a vessel to continue to learn and expand. Although we are primarily a pizzeria, pasta sales have done exceptionally well. I need a pasta chef who can run the line and have my full trust. The job will consist of showing up at 3pm. You'll have one hour to set the station and finish any prep started by myself in the morning. This can consist of finishing/making sauces, portioning, general prep. During the course of the night you will confidently run the pasta line as well as help the chef on salad/dessert. It is a two person team, we all work together. We stop seating at 9:30. At this time we all sit down as a family and enjoy a nice meal. Following dinner (optional) the station gets cleaned and you will be on your way home!
We are a very tight nit staff. We sit down every night at 9:30 and eat as a family to digest the night, resolve issues and leave with a smile. We are looking for more then a cook. We want a new additional to the tacconelli family!
Hourly Wage ( $12 - $14 )
-Work Weekends 3pm - 10pm (avg)
-Good knife skills (or willingness to practice and get better)
-Ability to Learn
July 16, 2015
Founded initially after September 11th, 2001, the Restaurant Opportunities Center (ROC) has grown into a national organization with 14,000 low-wage restaurant worker members in more than a dozen locations, and growing rapidly. Over the last thirteen years, we have won more than a dozen workplace justice campaigns, winning more than $10 million in misappropriated tips and wages and discrimination payments for low-wage workers, and significant policy changes in high-profile fine dining restaurant companies covering thousands of workers. We have partnered with more than 100 responsible restaurant owners to promote the ‘high road’ to profitability, and trained more than 5000 restaurant workers to advance to livable wage jobs within the industry. We have also published more than two dozen ground-breaking reports on the restaurant industry, obtaining significant media coverage, played an instrumental role in winning a statewide minimum wage increase for tipped workers, and initiated other policy campaigns at the local, state, and federal level. We have organized restaurant workers to open their own cooperatively-owned restaurants in New York and Detroit.
• Assist with daily administrative functions such as scheduling/calendaring, answering emails and phones, data support and database management, as well as coordination of meetings/engagements based on understanding of Executive office priorities and commitments.
• Provide comprehensive travel arrangement support.
• Reconcile monthly credit card statement and process expenses for travel, supplies and various Executive office needs.
• Maintain clear and consistent communication with Directors for follow through on tasks and assignments, as they pertain to Executive Director/Managing Director.
• Assist with content management and program support functions, including logging live meeting notes, operationalizing workflow systems, drafting documents, maintaining files and records, and appropriately archiving program-related information.
• Field queries from general public, partners, stakeholders, media professionals/journalists and direct them to appropriate ROC departments as needed.
• Independently draft and design visual presentations, using graphics and data visualization tools as needed. Prepare Directors to be presentation-ready for public appearances, speaking gigs, trainings and consultations.
• Produce professional correspondence, including drafting memos, letters, e-mail templates, meeting agendas.
• Conduct basic research as needed.
• Update and monitor Directors’ social media accounts daily to strategically assist with outreach and dissemination efforts
• Work independently and as part of a team on both special/nonrecurring and ongoing projects, performing event planning, project management and data generation duties as needed.
To perform this job successfully, candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Superior and continual attention to detail and follow up. This job requires expansive ability to manage large amounts of correspondence, information and expectations to help Executive office function smoothly.
• Ability to multitask and handle competing demands; prioritize and manage focus and productivity effectively; ability to manage time and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and demonstrate strong initiative, creativity and innovation without continuous supervision
• Excellent writing, editing and proofing skills.
• Ability to be discreet and judicious with non-routine and private information.
• High level of interpersonal skills to handle time-sensitive and confidential situations with professionalism. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
• Superior organizational skills, and the ability to iteratively create, implement, and maintain systems to improve the efficiency of the office.
• Relentless work ethic
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills (oral and written)
• Proficiency in Mac interfaces and all Microsoft Office applications.
• Familiarity with and commitment to racial and social justice; clear understanding of ROC's mission and programs.
• High school diploma or GED; college or business school diploma a plus.
• 3-5 years in an administrative position
• Nonprofit experience, bilingual skills a plus
• Graphic design, data visualization and presentation support skills a plus
• Familiarity with Salesforce.com a plus
Dining Room Service Instructor
Culinary Institute of America faculty members are responsible for teaching students, developing curriculum, conducting research and organizing conferences and retreats to a high standard of professionalism. The responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to: preparing lesson plans, teaching and evaluating students, preparing and revising course guides and other educational materials, and developing the intellectual property of the college. Faculty members also provide professional and career advice for students pursuing careers in the food service industry, maintain office hours, assist students who are having difficulty with studies, and honor college policies. Faculty are also expected to contribute to the overall operation of the college and support the mission of the Institute, by acting as Ambassadors of the Culinary Institute of America.
• Prepares daily instructional lesson plans and instructs in a manner consistent with the philosophy, policies, and guidelines of the college.
• Instructs lectures and hands-on classes on campus, off campus or remotely to a standard consistent with the professional standards of the CIA.
• Works individually as an advisor for students who may need extra help, who have questions about course information, who want career guidance, or who need assistance in their studies.
• Provide regular and constructive feedback to students in an objective, consistent, and timely manner; evaluates and documents student performance using established methods and criteria; files course grades consistently and without prejudice.
• With colleagues, prepares, reviews, and revises course guides, syllabi, and appropriate curriculum materials for courses offered at the Institute, and any other educational materials required.
• Conducts instruction and table service in an exemplary manner consistent with the professional standards of the Institute, and within budgetary limits.
• Teaches assigned courses following the schedule and curriculum provided for each course.
• Supervises students in delivering quality hospitality and service according to college guidelines.
• Enforces sanitation principles (appropriate to particular teaching assignment), attendance policies, Institute’s Professionalism, Uniform, and Hygiene Policy, and other academic policies.
• Assumes responsibility for equipment and facilities of the kitchen, bakeshop, pastry shop, dining room, or classrooms.
• Stays abreast of new developments in the food service and hospitality industries; plans on an annual basis, professional development; and strives to accomplish the goals set out in the formal annual plan.
• Supports the mission and policies of the Institute as well as the overall strategic direction.
• Contributes to the growth of the college by serving on committees or task forces, assisting with visitors, recommending students and potential employees, and displaying hospitality.
• Develops menus, planning documents and organizational plans for conferences, retreats and any other event as required.
• Performs duties common to all Culinary Institute employees and other duties as assigned.
• Associates (CIA preferred) in hospitality or business related concentration
• Five years of demonstrated progressive growth and development in hospitality and service delivery management positions in conceptually relevant food service models
• Bachelors degree in hospitality or related business concentration
• Strong interpersonal skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively work with multiple teams across the organization.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Ability to use sound judgment and discretion in handling sensitive student issues with confidentiality and discretion.
• Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills required.
• Strong computer experience, which must include abilities to work effectively with MS Office suite products, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Moderate to strong organizational skills, detail oriented and thorough.
• Ability to work independently or in a team environment, and maintain collaborative relationships with all members of the hospitality and service management team as well as chef partners.
• Must have an excellent and welcoming presence in front of guests and employees. Moderate to strong presentation skills are required.
• Must have the ability to lift fifty (50) pounds on a frequent basis.
• Able to bend, stoop or reach as needed.
• Ability to stand and work for extended periods of time (6 hours) such as in restaurant/BQT service.
To apply please go to www.ciachef.edu/hr
July 15, 2015
Zavino Wine Bar Pizzeria is hiring part-time hosts and bussers/runners for their locations in Midtown Village and Unversity City.
Interested candidates should email Jason Brooke, director of opeations at Jason@Zavino.com
July 14, 2015
Small Private Club on the Main Line Seeks New Head Chef and Banquet Manager
The Cynwyd Club (www.cynwydclub.com
), a small private club on Philadelphia's Main Line, seeks a new head chef and banquet manager. The Club seeks to hire an organized, transformative chef who can drive increased member dining and who can also increase the Club's nascent banquet business.
Duties will include:
• Overall management of the Club’s food and beverage operations, including liquor sales, with direct reporting to the Club’s General Manager
• Preparing dinner for Club members 5 days a week from a chef-driven rotating menu
• Working to expand member dining to include weekend dining and, possibly, weekday lunch
• Tracking and controlling food costs
• With the assistance of the Club's financial personnel, preparing and presenting a monthly P&L for the Club's food and beverage business
• Aggressively marketing and increasing the Club's banquet and party business and sharing financially in this increase
• Supervising food prep/dishwasher staff and dining room wait staff
• Interacting with the Club’s Food & Beverage Committee to drive optimum member/guest experience at regular dining and at special events
• Sustaining a regular, visible presence in dining room to ensure member feedback is incorporated into food and beverage offering
The position is salaried at $40,000 a year plus benefits, paid vacation and a bonus plan which allows a qualified candidate to share in any increased in banquet revenue driven by the candidate.
This position is the perfect opportunity for a skilled chef looking to run his or her own operation working regular hours supported by solid administrative staff.
The Club intends to make a hire before the end of the summer, ideally in July.
Qualified candidates should direct a resume and cover letter to the Club's General Manager, Shane Coleman @ email@example.com
. No phone calls, please. Equal Opportunity Employer
Company Description: Special Olympics PA – Philadelphia’s mission is to provide year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community.
Interscholastic Unified Sports Coordinator
Position Description: This intern will work with the Director of Interscholastic Unified Sports in the execution of our bocce, soccer and track and field programs within local elementary, middle and high schools. Meeting with school staff at participating locations to develop and cultivate relationships, to provide them necessary information to help successfully run the program, offer support to teachers for training, competition, and in-school youth leadership initiatives.
The intern will take a hands-on role in understanding the program budget, financial protocols (purchase orders, check requests and expense reports) and aid in the reporting required by the grant that funds this in-school program. This individual may also be responsible for setting up training and competition events: carrying/loading equipment, lining fields, setting up nets, keeping score, etc.
Outreach and Communications Coordinator
Position Description: This intern will work with the Director of Interscholastic Unified Sports in the execution of our bocce, soccer and track and field programs within local elementary, middle and high schools. Meeting with school staff at participating locations to develop and cultivate relationships, to provide them necessary information to help successfully run the program, offer support to teachers for training, competition, and in-school youth leadership initiatives. The intern will take a hands-on role in understanding the program budget, financial protocols (purchase orders, check requests and expense reports) and aid in the reporting required by the grant that funds this in-school program. This individual may also be responsible for setting up training and competition events: carrying/loading equipment, lining fields, setting up nets, keeping score, etc. This position will require the individual to travel to the various schools throughout Philadelphia and therefore must have their own transportation/vehicle. Compensation will be provided for mileage or expenses beyond regular daily commute to and from the office. This position will work regularly out of the Special Olympics - PA Philadelphia location listed below.
This position will require the individual to travel to the various schools throughout Philadelphia and therefore must have their own transportation/vehicle. Compensation will be provided for mileage or expenses beyond regular daily commute to and from the office. This position will work regularly out of the Special Olympics - PA Philadelphia location listed below. Qualifications: Recommended Qualifications: Microsoft Office, Word Press, Social Media (Facebook and Twitter), experience writing press releases and news articles. This person needs to be personable, self-motivated, strategic, creative and innovative. The ideal candidate must be comfortable in public settings, meeting new people and speaking to groups. Overall, this person should be upbeat, positive and fun!
Sports Training & Competition Coordinator
Position Description: As the Sports Training and Competition Coordinator, this candidate will work directly with the Sports Director. Assisting in the development, planning and execution of all our Fall, Winter and Spring sport offerings, this individual will gain hands on experience in the programming world of organized sports. This individual will learn both the in-field and administrative side of the Sports Director position. The hours for the internship are flexible pending upon course requirements. It may have an occasional evening or weekend requirement that would be included in the weekly hours. The ideal candidate is a hardworking, motivated and a driven individual. They are a self-starter, strategic and analytic. Working in this role, one is required to be patient and respectful as our participants who have intellectual disabilities. This position will work out of the office (must have own transportation), although there can be opportunities to work remotely for the right candidate.
Additional Qualifications: Pre-Employment Screening Requirements : Background check Internship Hours: Flexible depending upon student’s credit requirements
Interview Instructions: To schedule an interview, please email Britt Kleine - firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please list the job title of the position you wish to apply for in the subject line.
Employer's Location: 2900 Southampton Road, Philadelphia, PA 19154
July 8, 2015
Flyers Charities are looking for students to help sell 50/50 raffle tickets during all Flyers home games and events. This is a great opportunity for students to get exposure and network within the industry, while earning credit for school (if required). See below for more details pertaining to this position.
Why Flyers Charities:
Since its inception Flyers Charities, has contributed over $26 million to charity. The funds raised during the annual Flyers Wives Carnival and other Flyers Charities fundraising events have helped support hundreds of non-profit organizations throughout the Greater Philadelphia Region. Flyers Charities prides itself on helping support not just one, but a multitude of worthy non-profit organizations that benefit everything from important healthcare initiatives such as: heart health, stroke, and cancer awareness to various youth recreation programs and plenty more.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for candidates to be part of our raffle program who are self-motivated, energetic and reliable. Sellers must be team players and able to work in a fast paced environment, interacting with thousands of fans each game. Good communication skills and experience in sales is strongly preferred. This is a great part-time job for someone eager to break into the industry and gain experience in sales and working with a non-profit agency.
If any student is interested in applying for the position, please have them send their resume to Brianna Amato at email@example.com
Prior sales experience in sports/entertainment is strongly preferred. The sellers will take an active role in a fundraising program that takes place during all Flyers home games (pre-season, regular season and playoffs) along with some special events. The program requires you to be flexible and work in high-pressure situations. Staffers will be educated in the following: non-profit sales, fundraising, networking, public relations, and sales. Game night staff must demonstrate exceptional oral and written communication skills. Familiarity with sales and customer service a plus. Goal oriented; works well independently and is self-motivated. Available to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
• Required to attend 80% of all Flyers home games (pre-season, regular season and playoffs) at Wells Fargo Center, assisting with Flyers Charities 50/50 Raffle program.
• Game night staff will help sell raffle tickets at either a stationary touch-screen kiosk or will be responsible to roam a designated area of the concourse/arena. Those not at a stationary unit will receive a mobile handheld device and mobile printer.
• Game night staff will be responsible and accountable for all cash sales, as all units must be reconciled correctly throughout the game.
• Sellers are expected to have an outgoing personality to encourage attendees to purchase. Prior sales experience a plus.
• Must arrive at least 45 minutes prior to arena doors opening (example: some doors open at 5:30 p.m. for a 7 p.m. Flyers game, therefore, sellers are asked to arrive promptly by 4:45 p.m. to get ready and go over information pertaining to the game).
• All raffle sellers are expected to wear their uniform when working (jacket, ball cap and black pants), an apron and buttons will be provided every game. Comfortable shoes are highly recommended.
• Should have knowledge of Flyers Charities and the organizations that are supported.
• Nights and/or weekends are required.