Master of Science in Sport Management
The Master of Science in Sport Management is offered as a part-time, two-year program. The program is offered both on-campus and online in order to meet the needs of a diverse population, including the busy sport industry professional.
A summer residency program is required for online students and strongly encouraged for on-campus students. This week-long seminar course typically held in early August in Philadelphia. The residency covers unique topics in areas of sport business, sport media, sport marketing and sport law. The week is comprised of special guest speakers, facility tours, team building, and networking opportunities.
As a student in the MS in Sport Management, you will learn to expand upon the skills you learned in your undergraduate program and ultimately develop the ability to:
- Apply the fundamentals of business to sport management.
- Integrate principles of management to organize people and resources to get results in the sport industry.
- Apply knowledge of law and labor relations to the sport industry and agency.
- Use existing and emerging technologies in the sport management field.
- Forecast new developments and adapt to the rapidly changing sports environment.
- Creatively direct the economic contributions that sport offers to individuals, organizations, and the community.
- Effectively organize, evaluate, improve, and utilize new innovations in the sport industry.
- Utilize the knowledge and skills learned through the MS program to produce an in-depth research project or thesis, which will serve to advance the study of sport management.