Hospitality and Tourism
- BS, Hospitality Management
- MS, Hospitality Management
- M.S., Farleigh Dickinson University
- B.A., Rowan University
- Certificate in Gaming Management
Areas of Expertise
- Casino Floor Design
- Game Purchase and Installation
- Educational Instruction Modules
- Internet Casino Gambling
- Technological Applications of Server Based Casino Gaming
- Customer Service
- Drexel University, Center for Hospitality and Sport Management, Department of Hospitality and Tourism (2013-present)
- Farleigh Dickinson University, International School of Hospitality and Tourism Management (2010-2013)
- Gomes/Cordish - Consultant Gaming: Indiana Grand Racing and Casino, Shelbyville, IN (2006-2010)
Vice President of Gaming Operations
- Tropicana Casino and Resort, Atlantic City, NJ (2000-2007)
Executive Director of Slot and Marketing Operations
Robert Ambrose is a Casino & Hospitality Instructor at the Center for Hospitality and Sport Management. He also directs the Dennis Gomes Memorial Casino Training Lab. His summary experience includes an MS in Hospitality Management, positions in education, hospitality, commercial casino development and gaming operations at the executive level. After a successful 30 year career in Casino and Hospitality Management he joined Drexel as a Gaming and Hospitality Instructor. Instructor Ambrose continually collaborates with industry professionals and reports on the industry about his research through class lectures, the publication of his articles and consulting.
His experience as a casino executive includes casino game floor design, casino gaming equipment evaluation, purchase, vendor relations, slot machine installation, hiring, analyzing game performance, budgets, development of new casino property short-and long-term goals and critical planning paths for single and multi-property casino design, set-up and casino floor installation.
As corporate Vice President, (2006-2010) Mr. Ambrose was part of a development team and consultant for casino design, game purchase and installation at Indiana-Live Casino, now known as Indiana Grand Casino in Shelbyville, Indiana.
He held the position of Executive Director of Slot and Marketing Operations for the Tropicana Casino and Resort in Atlantic City from 2000-2007. He managed operations, developed and implemented guest service initiatives and developed employee education programs. Prior to this position he was part of the Tropicana gaming management team from 1987-2000.
Consulting for the gaming industry, Mr. Ambrose has served clients that include a broad network of Wall Street investment companies looking to acquire casino property’s, an international Hospitality and Gaming book publisher and casino gaming industry vendors.