Network Data Storage Policy
Policy Number: IT-4
Effective Date: September 2012
Responsible Officer: Chief Information Officer - DUCOM
Allocation and appropriate use of network storage space on the College of Medicine network drives.
This Policy applies to all data files stored on Drexel University College of Medicine systems.
III. Applicable Members
This Policy applies to all Drexel University College of Medicine network users.
- Network drive space is a college resource provided for purpose of storing current work-related materials and files.
- Applicable Members are responsible for managing this space, which includes deleting nonessential or obsolete files to keep space utilization at a minimum.
- Personal media files such as music files, personal images, or video clips are not to be stored on network drives.
- The shared drives are not intended for full computer backups, you should only backup work-related files to the file share folders.
- The College of Medicine allots a specific amount of network drive space to meet the needs of Applicable Members and Departments. Applicable Members and Departments may request a quota increase based on business necessity.
- Requests for storage increase may be submitted to Information Technology via www.drexelmed.edu/help or contact the Technical Support Service Desk at 215.762.1999. Request for space above current limits will be ordered and charged to the requesting department in 10 GB increments.
- Personal files stored on the network drives will be subject to deletion.
Network Drives: The T:\ drive is for departmental and enterprise wide use. Read/write privileges vary depending upon the users and departments.
Back Up Schedule: All network drives are backed up nightly. Backups are rotated and kept according to the University records retention policy (OGC-6).
Drexel University College of Medicine reserves the right to monitor and identify files on network drives that would violate the network data storage policy.
Users will be notified of non-work related files identified. Two reminders will be sent at one week intervals with destruction after the second reminder. The end user’s Supervisor and/or Chair will be notified of non-response.