Drexel Leaders 2020: Making Strong Leaders Stronger
A Professional Development Program for Experienced Leaders of Drexel University
- Based on leadership development best practices in higher education and on Drexel’s acclaimed ELAM program (Executive Leadership in Academic Medicine).
- Blended learning, with 6 full days of classroom programs and an online forum.
- 360° developmental assessment and peer coaching.
- Community engagement experiential learning opportunity.
- Designed to develop capabilities in three major areas:
- Personal and Professional Leadership Effectiveness
- Organizational Dynamics: Leadership Challenges in Academia
- Sustaining Yourself and Your Leadership
Faculty and Speakers
- Faculty and speakers include members of Drexel University faculty, senior University leaders, members of the Board of Trustees, external facilitators and HR learning and development staff.
Cohort Composition and Selection
- Cohorts of 15-20 are chosen based on senior leader nomination and application.
- Diversity of cohort composition results in optimal learning experience.
- 70 participants, including five faculty members, have completed Drexel Leaders 2020 since its inception in the fall of 2013.
- Selection criteria:
- Mid-career leaders who are high performers and demonstrate potential for future leadership positions at Drexel University.
- Strength of application essay and recommendation.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree.
- Program begins January 18, 2017.
To help defray expenses a $1,000 program fee will be charged back to the department.
- Senior leaders are asked to nominate high potential/high performing faculty and professional staff based on above criteria.
- HR will contact nominees and confirm acceptance with senior leaders.
- All nominees will go through an application process; applications due December 7, 2016.
For additional information, please contact Shirley Grass, Associate Director, Learning & Organization Development, at email@example.com or 215.895.2839.
What graduates of DL2020 are saying