Students transferring to Drexel prior to the start of their Junior year may apply to the Honors Program once receiving their acceptance to Drexel. Students transferring in as Juniors or Seniors may not apply.
The “Transfer Application” is specifically for students applying before matriculation to Drexel. Once you have taken classes at Drexel you are considered a “Current Student” and should apply with that application.
Eligible students should have a minimum GPA of 3.75 or higher, offer examples of extracurricular activities and academic accomplishments, and maintain a record of conduct befitting an Honors student. In some instances, students with GPAs slightly below 3.75 may be considered for admission if they present a strong record of positive achievement in activities or studies outside the typical classroom setting, such as creative work, research, community or government service, entrepreneurship, and athletics. Additionally, up to nine (9) Honors credits from any college or university may be considered by the Drexel Honors Program for transfer (these credits are solely for the use and purpose of fulfilling the Honors Program requirements, not your major requirements).
For incoming transfer students, your application MUST be received by September 1st.
- Transfer students must complete an Honors Program Application
- Provide official transcripts (sent directly from your college/university to the Honors Office) from each college/university you previously attended. These transcripts should be submitted to the Honors Program even if you have previously submitted transcripts to Drexel Admissions.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a professor or instructor at your current college or university. This letter of recommendation should be in a sealed envelope with your application.
- To transfer up to 9 Honors credits from a college or university, please include a letter from your previous Honors Program Advisor outlining the course title, number of credits, and your grade earned for each Honors course you wish to transfer.
- The fully completed application, essay, letter of recommendation, and all official transcripts must be received by the Honors Office by September 1st. *
- You will be notified of a decision regarding your candidacy via email 4 to 5 weeks after your completed application has been received.
*Please note: Students will not be contacted if their application is not complete. It is each student’s responsibility to follow up with the Honors Office to ensure receipt of all application documents prior to the deadline.