It is a great accomplishment to graduate with Honors or with Distinction from the Pennoni Honors College. These Honors graduates are invited to attend the Honors Graduation Ceremony to receive their certificates and awards prior to the University Commencement Ceremony in June. Below are the minimum eligibility requirements for both levels of Honors Graduation.
Graduation with Honors
Most Honors students who complete the minimum requirements for membership are invited to graduate with Honors from the Pennoni Honors College. This achievement is noted as such on your official University transcript. Additionally, your name will be listed in the University Commencement Program as a Pennoni Honors College graduate.
In order to qualify for Graduation with Honors, you must successfully complete a minimum of 16 Honors credits (3 of which must be earned through an Honors Colloquium course - HNRS designated course) and maintain an overall GPA of 3.2 or higher. All Honors credits must be completed and confirmed prior to your last term.
Graduation with Distinction
Graduation with Distinction is the highest honor awarded by the Honors Program and the Pennoni Honors College to its most accomplished students. This achievement is noted as such on your official University transcript and your name will be listed in the University Commencement Program as a Pennoni Honors College Graduate with Distinction.
Qualifications for Distinction:
- Successful completion of at least 32 Honors credits (6 of which must be earned through Honors Colloquia courses - HNRS designated courses) prior to the June Honors Graduation date.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Completion of a Senior Project, Seminar, Capstone, or Design worthy of Honors
- Your major may already require this senior course, check for your senior major requirements.
- Up to eight (8) of the course credits associated with the Senior Project, Seminar, Capstone, or Design are counted toward the 32 required credits. You must earn an A- or higher to earn credit for this course.
- Submission of the Graduation with Distinction Application by the stated deadline.
Graduation with Distinction Deadlines:
Fall Term Graduates: Friday of week 8 of Fall Term
Winter Term Graduates: Friday of week 8 of Winter Term
Spring Term Graduates: Week Three (3) of Spring Term
Summer Term Graduates: Friday of week 8 of Summer Term
Students transferring to Drexel University (from another college/university) AND applying to the Honors Program must adhere to the 32 Honors credits requirements. Transfer students may transfer up to (9) Honors credits from a previous college/university at the time of application to join the Honors Program – please review the transfer application for details. Transfer students who joined the Honors Program prior to Fall 2010 and completed 21 Honors credits are eligible to apply for Graduation with Distinction.