The Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP): Admission Requirements
- Applicants seeking admission into the graduate family nurse practitioner track must be willing to complete the clinical practicum rotations in any State excluding New York and Maryland. Prior to starting clinical rotations, students must provide license verification in the appropriate state in which they will complete their clinical rotations, as well as Pennsylvania in which the University is located. Please note all submitted materials become the property of Drexel University.
- A baccalaureate degree with a major in nursing from a National League of Nursing–accredited program. A GPA of 3.0 or above on all previous coursework or 3.25 or above on the last 60 credits of the B.S.N. is required. Applications from RNs who hold non-nursing baccalaureate degrees are considered on an individual basis.
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended. You must supply transcripts regardless of the number of credits earned or the type of school you attended. If you do not list all post-secondary institutions on your application and these are listed on transcripts received from other institutions, processing your application will be delayed until you have submitted the remaining transcripts.
- A copy of your current, unrestricted United States RN license/s or eligibility for licensure as a registered nurse. License verification from your nursing license registry website is acceptable.
- Resume or CV (Note: Resume/CV should be detailed regarding work experience, including specific job experiences, responsibilities, and departments).
- Two professional letters of recommendation.
- Personal statement (under 1,000 words) that will give the admissions committee a better understanding of:
- Why you are choosing this particular program of study,
- Your plans upon completion of the graduate degree, and
- How your current work experience will enhance your experience in this M.S.N. program.
- A person interview by phone or in person may be required.
- International Students: View additional requirements for international students
- Decisions on admissions will be made by June 30th.