For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

International Travel

PLEASE NOTE: Our insurance company does not cover travel to IRAQ or AFGANISTAN. Also, if the U.S. has a trade embargo or sanction against a country, coverage to that country could be excluded as well.

The University purchases travel assistance services through Travel Guard/WorldRisk for faculty and staff on University-sponsored travel outside the USA and Canada. These services include, but are not limited to: medical assistance and travel medical emergency assistance, emergency evacuation and repatriation, lost baggage and passport assistance. Please contact Risk Management prior to your trip to obtain a travel assistance card. This is not a reimbursement program. You must contact Travel Guard/WorldRisk first.

In order to protect you and the University against liability in a foreign country, it is important that you advise Risk Management in advance of any University-related international programs, research, or travel abroad so that we can ensure appropriate insurance is in place. If you have any foreign exposures (as defined in the bullets below), please complete the information at the Foreign Exposure Registry site, If you are having trouble accessing the site, please go to,, which has help with logging into SharePoint.

Specifically, we need to obtain information for the following:

  • Research conducted by our faculty in foreign countries
  • Student field trips abroad
  • Study tours
  • Trips abroad as part of a required class curriculum
  • International Co-ops
  • Affiliation/internship agreements abroad involving students
  • Attendance at conferences and other meetings abroad
  • Student organizations traveling internationally (e.g. Engineers without Borders)
  • Faculty sabbaticals abroad
  • Any other departmental trip or work conducted in a foreign country on behalf of Drexel University.

(Please do not list a trip that is administered by Study Abroad since they will be provided by the Study Abroad Office.)

If international programs, research, or travel abroad are not reported, the University’s insurance carrier may deny coverage in the event of a claim.