Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Program
Field of Study:
Science, Technology, Engineering, Math
Please check website below for the specific date.
Faculty for the Future fellowships are awarded to women from developing and emerging economies who are preparing for PhD or post-doctoral study in the physical sciences, engineering and technology at top universities for their disciplines abroad.
The long-term goal of the Faculty for the Future program is to generate conditions that result in more women pursuing scientific disciplines. Grant recipients are therefore selected as much for their leadership capabilities as for their scientific talents, and they are expected to return to their home countries to continue their academic careers and inspire other young women.
Faculty for the Future grants are based on the actual costs of studying and living in the chosen location. Grants may be renewed through to completion of studies subject to performance, self-evaluation and recommendations from supervisors.
Visit the Faculty for the Future program site.
Applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Be a woman;
- Be a citizen of a developing country;
- Wish to pursue a PhD degree or Post-doctoral research in the physical sciences, engineering and technology;
- Have applied to, have been admitted to, or are currently enrolled in a university abroad;
- Wish to return to their home country to continue their academic career upon completion of their studies;
- Be very committed to teaching and demonstrate active participation in faculty life and outreach work to encourage young women into the sciences;
- Hold an excellent academic record.