Encouraging new collaborations for expressive projects
2016 PROPOSALS: SUBMISSIONS OPEN
The ExCITe Center announces a new call for novel, transdisciplinary research projects providing the opportunity to develop concepts that may be difficult to support through traditional channels. Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of ExCITe-affiliated faculty and staff, and projects selected for support will receive:
- Funding up to $5000 per project (awards will vary by project needs)
- Use of the ExCITe Center facility for project work (as appropriate)
- Additional opportunities for engagement with other ExCITe Center projects and participants
New in 2016, the Drexel Smart Initiatives Program is supporting an additional Seed award, specifically for demonstration projects focusing on residential technology. We particularly encourage collaborative efforts using the Drexel Smart House as a research platform.
- The project team must be transdisciplinary and include at least one Drexel participant. This includes any current Drexel student, faculty, or staff member.
- Project timelines will vary: three to nine months is a reasonable range for project duration.
- All funding must be spent during the fiscal year of its awarding.
- Indirect costs (organizational or institutional overhead) will not be supported and should not be included.
- Awarded projects will be required to submit progress reports and to participate in monthly events and presentations at the ExCITe Center.
Announce call for proposals: April 29, 2016 (Friday)
Proposals due by 5:00 PM EDT June 1, 2016 (Wednesday)
Awards announced: July 1, 2016 (Friday)
The body of the proposal is limited to 2 pages, the budget is a separate single page. Complete proposals should be submitted as a single PDF attachment sent to email@example.com, with the subject line: Seed Submission.
- Title: (100 characters)
- Project Statement: (1 sentence max)
- Objective: (250 characters)
- Project Team: Include for all members - first name, last name, organization, department, email
- Project Plan: State or map out the anticipated workflow and timeline for the development of the project.
- Budget: As detailed as possible/reasonable, i.e. “$250 for 5x antenna”, not “$250 for supplies.”
Optional Supplemental Materials:
- Up to 2 images or one video (as link) may be submitted.