Assistant Teaching Professor
Office: 103B Stratton Hall
- BA, English, University of Maine, 2000
- MFA, Fiction, Goddard College, 2005
Elizabeth Thorpe has been teaching in the First-Year Writing Program at Drexel since 2005. Her research interests include New England literature, illness/healing narratives, and the creative process. Her short stories and excerpts from her novel-in-progress have appeared in literary magazines including Per Contra, Press 1, Painted Bride Quarterly, Puckerbrush Review, Stolen Island Review, and The Maine Review. She serves on the editorial staff of Painted Bride Quarterly.
- “Punctuation.” Stein, Scott, Albert DiBartolomeo, and Kathleen Volk Miller, eds. The 33rd. Philadelphia: Drexel Publishing Group, 2010.
- “Punctuation.” Per Contra. Issue 18, Spring 2010. http://www.percontra.net/18thorpe.htm
- “Cities.” Press 1. Volume 4, Number 1, May-August, 2010. http://www.leafscape.org/press1/v4n1/thorpe.html
- “William Tell.” Painted Bride Quarterly. Spring 2010. http://www.pbq.drexel.edu/issue81/fiction/thorpe-elizabeth_william-tell.php
- “House of Tea.” The Red Room: Writings from Press 1. Arlene Ang, Valerie Fox, and Jordan Schilling, eds. Philadelphia: Straw Gate Books, 2010.
- “House of Tea.” Press 1. Volume 3, Number 2, September-December 2009. http://www.leafscape.org/press1/v3n2/thorpe.html
- “A Clean Break.” Stein, Scott, Albert DiBartolomeo, and Kathleen Volk Miller, eds. The 33rd. Philadelphia: Drexel Publishing Group, 2009.