Raymond Brebach, Ph.D.
Director, Programs in English; Associate Professor of English
Office: 5049 MacAlister Hall
Phone: (215) 895-2446
- B.A., English, MacMurray College, 1968
- M.A., English, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1971
- Ph.D., English: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1976
I came to Drexel in 1978, after teaching for three years at Texas Tech University. In addition to my classroom work, I have served Drexel as Chair of the Faculty Senate, Head of the Department of English & Philosophy, and as an Associate Dean in the College of Arts & Sciences. I was given the Harold J. Meyers Award for Outstanding Service to the University. My research interests include Joseph Conrad, the Modern novel and textual studies. In my spare time I am an enthusiastic amateur flutist.
- “Conrad in Context: ‘Heart of Darkness’ and ‘The Man who would be King.’” Conradiana, Vol. 42, No 1-2, 2011.
- Assistant Editor. ’Twixt Land and Sea, by Joseph Conrad Eds. J. A. Berthoud, Laura L. Davis, S. W. Reid; Assistant Ed., Raymond T. Brebach. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 2008. [Series: The Cambridge Edition of the Works of Joseph Conrad.]