The Undergraduate Advising Center (UAC) provides academic support and assistance primarily to undergraduate freshman and sophomore students in the College of Engineering. Our staff can help you in areas such as academic advising, scheduling of classes, transferring credits to Drexel, personal support and explanation of University policies and procedures. Our advising staff also specializes in aiding new freshman and transfer students in their adjustment to the University.
Your Summer At a Glance
Summer before your first year (June – September)
• Activate your Drexel email account and check it regularly
• Take placement tests for Chemistry and Math (if applicable)
• Submit transfer/AP/IB/A-level scores (if applicable)
• Submit all health insurance and immunization paperwork
• Review your fall term schedule
• Contact advisor if you have questions or concerns for upcoming term
• Join the Drexel Engineering Facebook and Twitter pages
• Look for weekly advisor newsletters in your Drexel email (around mid-July)
• Submit and vote for your favorite new student t-shirt design (details via email)
• Attend Welcome Week
Fall Advisor Open Office Hours: Monday-Thursday 10am-12pm & 1pm-4pm; Friday 10am-12pm An advisor is always available during the hours above. No appointment necessary. Check your email to find your advisor’s specific weekly open office hours. To schedule an appointment with your advisor for a different time, stop by the front desk in University Crossings Room 155 or call 215-895-2211.
Recurring Term Deadlines
Friday of Week 2 - Last day to add/drop a course
Week 5 - Check midterm grades. Meet with instructor and advisor, if necessary
Friday of Week 7 - Last day to withdraw from a course
Recommended Advising Resources
College of Engineering Departments and Programs
Undergraduate Course Catalog - Follow the catalog for your entering academic year.
Drexel Central Academic Resources