For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.



Why we're here...

The Undergraduate Advising Center's advising staff seeks to empower students to take ownership of their educational experience, make them aware of resources and help them navigate the University to become independent and successful students.

How can my student's academic advisor help my student?

Your son or daughter's advisor will help them make the transition from high school to college life through academic goal setting and planning (BS/MS, minors, dual degrees, etc.), course selection, connecting them with support services, evaluating AP/transfer credits, and clarifying Drexel policies and procedures.

What role can I play in my student's academic success?

With the independence that comes with college comes the student's responsibility to take ownership of their academic experience. Therefore, the best way to play a part in your student's Drexel experience is to encourage them to become invested in their own academic success and to maintain open lines of communication with your student with regard to grades and any issues that may arise. Your student's advisor is here to assist with any questions or concerns.

What is FERPA?

The Family Educational Rights and Private Act ("FERPA" - 20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. For more information, please visit: Without a signed FERPA waiver, you can still have a productive conversation with your student's advisor about university policies and procedures.

Who can I contact for questions about financial aid and billing?

Drexel Central can assist you with questions regarding your students financial aid package, FAFSA, scholarship, and tuition bill. They can be reached by phone at 215-895-1600, in person in room 106, Main Building, or via email through

Is my student required to have a computer, if so what kind?

Yes! Laptops are preferred so that students can use them in labs. Students can have a PC or Mac, however students may need to run some Windows-based applications on Macs, therefore students will need a program such as Parallels to accommodate such assignments. For specifics & specs. Please consult the IRT website.

My student is feeling especially anxious or depressed. What resources are available?

The Counseling Center offers free confidential counseling services provided by mental health professionals to currently enrolled full-time undergraduate and graduate students in an atmosphere that is welcoming and comfortable for all students. They are located in 201 Creese. Phone: (215) 895-1415. To learn more about the services they offer, visit them online.

Have more questions?

Contact the Undergraduate Advising Center at or 215-895-2211 and we'd be happy to answer them for you!

How can I reach my student’s advisor with questions or concerns?

We are happy to respond to your queries via email. We strive to respond to your email within 24 business hours of receiving it. If you wish to schedule a phone or in-person appointment, please feel free to contact our Main Office: (215) 895-2211.