For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

Changing/Declaring a Major or Concentration

In order to declare or change your major, you must complete the Change of Curriculum and Status process outlined below:

  1. Initiate contact with an academic advisor. If you intend to change your major within the College of Engineering, you will meet with your current academic advisor to start this process. If you intend to change your major outside of the College of Engineering, you should meet with the academic advisor for your intended major. All Drexel academic advisors can be found here. During this meeting, you and your academic advisor will identify your intended major, outline plan of study changes (if any), and discuss the change process.
  2. Following the meeting, your academic  advisor will submit an Change of Curriculum and Status form to be electronically signed by all necessary Drexel offices (SCDC, ISSS, etc.).
  3. Once the form has been finalized, your academic advisor will contact you with further instructions:
      • Some offices may request a consultation with you to discuss implications of your decision, or
      • You may need to simply complete the process by going to Drexel Central (Main Building, Second Floor) to sign off on the final paperwork.
  4. Once you have signed the form, it will be processed by Drexel Central. Please be advised that only forms initiated within the first two weeks of each academic term will be processed during the same term. All others will be processed the following term.


  • This process is also used to change your co-op program (4-year or 5-year), declare an additional major, declare a concentration (Game Design or Biochemical) or change your status from full-time to part-time or vice versa.
  • This process is time-sensitive and must be completed with two weeks of initiation or the process will have to be started over again.  It is very important for your check your email frequently for next steps.
  • Your admission into a program outside the College of Engineering is solely at the discretion of the program you wish to enter.