Paul Peck Scholars
What is a Peck Scholar?
Peck Scholars are students that participate in a specialized critical thinking program designed for an elite group of students that provides them with a competitive edge in the global economy. Students learn that the essence of leadership and innovation lies in the ability to communicate effectively, apply critical thinking and reasoned problem solving to any situation to produce tangible and measurable results. This is achieved through special courses, integration of curriculum, seminars, and specialized co-op opportunities that is directed at developing the next generation of technological leaders.
What are advantages to Peck Scholars:
- A unique co-op experience, potentially with leadership and management training
- Course topics include:
- Business fundamentals
- Civic Engagement
- Communication and Writing
- A Peck Scholar Certificate
- A educational experience that is outside of traditional engineering
- Social activities with other Peck Scholars and faculty members
By participating, students will develop the ability to:
- Think critically and solve problems
- To create and innovate
- To communicate in writing and orally with a range of constituencies
In addition to developing everyday skills, students will also develop an:
- Understanding of policy and global issues
- Entrepreneurial, innovative spirit
- Strong theoretical and contextual frameworks to lead in career paths
This is achieved through special courses, integration of curriculum, seminars, civic engagement projects, mentorship experiences and specialized co-op opportunities that are directed at developing the next generation of technological leaders.
Industry partners will have the opportunity to work with highly competitive and uniquely academically prepared Peck Scholars for targeted co-op positions that lead to excellent prospective employees.
What is required of Peck Scholars:
- Complete Peck Scholars course work
- Participate in extracurricular Peck Scholars events