BS in Engineering Curriculum
BS in Engineering students are encouraged to create their own plan of study with the assistance of their BSE Advisors. The path to the BS in Engineering degree should be unique and tailor made based on the students’ interests. Students in the BSE program will have an opportunity to integrate the engineering core curriculum with another area of study either technical, pre-professional, humanities or other non-engineering disciplines.
The BS in Engineering (BSE) curriculum includes the following requirements:
- General Education Requirements (24 credits)
- Free Electives (24 credits)
- Math and Science Requirements (36.5 credits)
- Core Curriculum Requirements (22 credits)
- Engineering Requirements (45 credits)
- Technical Electives (18 credits)
During the student’s sophomore year, the Director of the BSE program, Dr. Kurzweg, will review and approve the BSE plan. Several factors may influence each specific BSE plan of study including:
BS in Engineering Plans of Study
Sample plans of study are provided below for some commonly selected pathways such as pre-law, entrepreneurship, business administration and pre-health, etc.