Monday, June 4, 2012: Strategic Planning Committee Meeting
The SPC will meet approximately monthly during the planning process. Subcommittees, if needed, will meet throughout the process in between SPC meetings.
June – July 2012: Initial Issues Identification
Conduct interviews of selected College and University individuals and review relevant print and electronic materials to identify and understand issues to be addressed in the planning process, and their background and context.
July 25, 2012: SPC Meeting
Review and discuss initial working hypotheses.
July – August 2012: Internal and External Assessment
- Complete interviews and focus groups with internal and external College stakeholders;
- Collect and analyze data and information on the College’s competitive position and relevant trends in engineering and technology.
- Prepare discussion document presenting initial working hypotheses about the College’s current position, priorities and potential direction(s).
August 27, 2012: SPC Meeting
Review and discuss potential overarching goals for Strategic Plan and prepare for internal stakeholder meeting among academic departments, staff and students.
September 2012: Initial Strategic Plan Framework
Develop initial Strategic Plan framework illustrating potential structure for Strategic Plan, describing possible overarching strategic goals for the College and identifying, preliminarily, specific strategic initiatives to support the goals.
September [27 or 28], 2012 [tentative dates]: SPC Meeting
- Review and discuss initial Strategic Plan framework.
- Discuss results of internal stakeholder meetings.
- Determine content areas of Strategic Plan for development by SPC subcommittees or individual SPC members. Identify potential non-SPC members of subcommittees.
October 2012: Development of Strategic Plan
- Provide templates to subcommittees to guide their work.
- Convene subcommittees.
- Prepare drafts of the Strategic Plan for discussion and revision with the SPC.
Week of October 22, 2012 [tentative]: SPC Meeting
- Discuss results of town-hall meeting.
- Receive preliminary presentations from subcommittees, discuss and provide feedback and guidance for further work.
- Review and discuss initial draft of Strategic Plan.
November 2012: Continued Development of Strategic Plan
- Continue subcommittee work.
- Revise drafts of the Strategic Plan for discussion and revision with the SPC to achieve consensus on content and format.
- Develop Plan for communication of “penultimate” draft Strategic Plan to the College community.
Before Thanksgiving Break, 2012 [tentative]: SPC Meeting
- Receive presentations from subcommittees.
- Review and discuss emerging draft of Strategic Plan.
- Discuss plan for sharing draft Strategic Plan to College community and mechanisms to obtain feedback.
December 2012: Drafting of "Penultimate" Version of Strategic Plan
- Incorporate subcommittee work into draft Strategic Plan.
- Prepare penultimate draft of Strategic Plan for discussion and revision with the SPC.
April 2013: Discussion of Draft Strategic Plan with the College Community; Review of Feedback; and Revision of Plan
- Circulate draft Strategic Plan widely throughout the College community for comment and feedback.
- Conduct College-wide, open-house discussions and department discussions of Strategic Plan.
- Summarize feedback from the College community, discuss with SPC and identify required revisions.
- Make revisions required to finalize Strategic Plan, and circulate to SPC members.
End of April or End of May 2013: SPC Meeting
- Approve final draft of Strategic Plan, and submit to the Dean of the College of Engineering.
- Discuss process for regular evaluation of the College’s progress toward goals of the new Plan.