Insurance and Immunizations
All English Language Center (ELC) students must use the health insurance policy arranged by Drexel ELC. Use of international or other insurance plans is NOT permitted. Only government-sponsored students may waive this requirement upon presentation of a valid financial guarantee from the sponsor.
Insurance fees are subject to change and include an administrative charge.
Students in the Intensive English and Global Business English programs do not need to provide immunization or other health records. Immunizations are required for:
- All students living in Drexel Residence Halls
- All International Gateway students
- Download the Immunization Form (PDF) from the Drexel website.
- Have all immunizations done in your country because they are very costly in the United States.
- Tuberulosis Test Choices
- Quantiferon tuberculosis test can be done in your country, but results must be submitted in English.
- The PPD test MUST be done in the United States. Bring the immunization form with you for the PPD screening.
- DO NOT submit the immunization form if you have not completed ALL required immunizations.
- Instructions for submitting the immunization form can be found here. Only submit this form if ALL immunizations have been completed.
- Screenings will be arranged with Drexel Student Health Services at the beginning of the term. Information will be provided during orientation.
- As noted on the form, there is a $35 immunization fee for all students.
SUBMITTING YOUR COMPLETED IMMUNIZATION RECORD
Students should review the data presented in the deadline and policy information link. Students can access and download the required form here. Once the form is completed a scanned PDF form can be uploaded. Please upload all completed immunization records by following the below directions:
- Go to the DrexelOne portal and log in
- The immunization channel will appear on the welcome page in the center column at the bottom, under the Candid Campus image, titled Immunization Form Upload.
- To upload a file:
- Click the Choose File button
- Select the .pdf file for upload
- Click Open
- Click the Add Another File button to upload more than one file
- When all pages are added, click the Upload button
Forms take 48 hours to process. Please revisit Drexel One to make sure there are no issues with your form.
The upload channel will disappear if your form is compliant with University requirements.
You will receive a message providing explanation within your upload channel. Please be sure to resubmit all documents when the issue has been resolved.