Gateway students attend separate orientation sessions. When you confirm your enrollment, you are automatically registered for Gateway orientation. See dates and details below.
On-campus housing is no longer available for 2014 Gateway students. However, students under the age of 18 are required to live on campus in a Drexel residence hall. If you are under 18 and have confirmed your enrollment after June 10, please email email@example.com immediately.
A limited number of shared rooms in Drexel residence halls have been made available for International Gateway students beginning in the Fall term. Gateway students will live in the same residence hall as university students but will be paired with another student in the same program and of the same sex.
Choosing to live in a Drexel residence hall requires:
- A financial commitment of 3 terms (9 months).
- Participation in either the Gold, Blue or Platinum meal plan at Drexel. You must arrange your meal plan directly with the Retail Management office at Drexel. Drexel ELC cannot arrange meal plans or charges for you.
- Fulfillment of Drexel immunization requirements.
To apply for Drexel residence hall accommodations:
IMPORTANT! Please note:
- First, you must confirm your enrollment in the Gateway program by returning your Intent to Enroll form and $300 matriculation fee.
- Set up your computer account. Be sure you have the Drexel ID # included on your acceptance letter.
- You can follow these step-by-step instructions or go directly to the New Students portal.
- When you have your email account and password, use them to log in to DrexelOne.
- Select the "Students" tab and then click on MyHousing.
- Read important information about MyHousing before you begin!
- Drexel ELC does NOT arrange housing or meal plan reservations or billing. You must contact the Housing or Meal Plan offices directly.
- Any changes to your housing plans must be made with the housing department directly before the reservation deadline.
See the ELC Housing page for additional housing options.
All students are required to attend the Gateway orientation.
See Travel and Arrival Information and plan your arrival in Philadelphia so you can attend!
September 17-18: Move into Drexel Residence Halls
September 19-26: Gateway Residential Living Welcome:Required for students living in Drexel housing.
September 22-26: Gateway Orientation:s Required for all Gateway students
- Meet staff from the Gateway program, Drexel Housing Office, and Campus Dining Services
- Learn about rules for living in the Residence Halls
- Tour the Drexel campus
- Receive your Drexel ID cards
- Register your I-20 and student visa at the ELC
- Pay your tuition and housing fees
- Complete immunization requirements (for students in Drexel housing)
- Learn about Gateway programs, activities and requirements
- Meet Gateway students and advisors
- Complete writing and speaking placement tests to determine level for Fall ELC classes
- Learn about Community Bridge family activity program
- The insurance plan will be explained to you during the Gateway orientation
- Immunizations are required for all students living in Drexel Residence Halls.
Before you travel to Philadelphia:
- Download the Immunization Form [PDF] from the Drexel website.
- Have all immunizations (EXCEPT the tuberculosis PPD test) done in your country because they are very costly in the United States.
- DO NOT mail the Immunization form before you arrive. Bring it with you for the PPD screening.
- The PPD test MUST be done in the United States.
- Information about immunization clinic dates will be provided during orientation.
- As noted on the form, there is a $35 immunization fee for all students.