Drexel International Gateway
Undergraduate Conditional Admission for Drexel University
Drexel International Gateway provides qualified international students with a foundation year of quality academic and English language courses, plus American Cultural Connections™.
The program begins in the Fall term each year and prepares students to begin full-time undergraduate studies at Drexel the following Fall. Students cannot begin full-time studies in another term. A minimum of three terms in the International Gateway program is required for successful completion.
The 2013 enrollment confirmation deadline is July 1.
The application deadline for Fall 2013 was April 30, so it is no longer possible to apply for this year.
What's inside the International Gateway?
- Up to 17 hours of university credit for core academic courses in mathematics, sciences, and communication, taught by outstanding faculty in the Drexel College of Arts and Sciences
- English language courses plus IELTS or TOEFL preparation courses taught by faculty in the CEA-accredited Drexel English Language Center; all ELC instructors have advanced degrees in TESL or related fields.
- Individualized advising for academic success
- The American Cultural Connections™ program, designed to give students opportunities to gain insight into American culture, adjust to American life, and meet American students and families
- Preparation for full-time undergraduate degree programs in majors including bioscience, communications, computer science, engineering, business, and more.
- The future opportunity to participate in Drexel Co-op, the ultimate internship.™
Who can enter the International Gateway?
1. Be academically qualifed for admission to Drexel University.
- We do not pre-screen or offer evaluations of academic qualifications without a complete application.
- For Fall 2013 admission, applicants must have graduated from high school in 2011 or later.
- International Gateway is not designed for students who have attended a college, university, graduate or professional school. These students are only eligible to apply for Transfer Admission to Drexel University. Note: International Gateway applicants who fail to disclose university or other post-secondary study can be dismissed from the program and/or denied admission to Drexel University.
2. Have standardized English proficiency test scores in the following range:
- TOEFL score from 53 to 73
- IELTS score from 5.0 to 5.5
- Students with these scores should follow the link below to apply for the International Gateway program.
- Students with higher scores should apply to Drexel University for direct Undergraduate Admission.
- Students with lower scores are welcome to apply for the Intensive English program at Drexel ELC.
- Students with other scores (SAT, ACT, PTE, etc.) should email the Gateway program to determine if their scores are acceptabe.
These are the minimum standards for consideration but do not guarantee admission.