14, Lenape Middle School, Doylestown, Pennsylvania-Signal
by Repetitive Smoothing and
Extraction. Teacher: Sandra Musolena.
Grand Award: Fourth Award, $500.
- Special Awards: Axonn Corporation (hands-on opportunity to explore
electronics in professional engineering
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE),
- Schlumberger Excellence in Educational Development, $1000 and a
trip to meet Schlumberger scientists.
Aaron Treitel, 18,
Central High School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - MEMS:
Systems Research and Development of EM Actuators. Teacher: Dennis
Special Award: National Aeronautics and Space Administration, all
expense-paid trip to attend the
U.S. Space Camp in Huntsville, Alabama and a certificate.
Ahmed Shaker Mousa,
17, Avon Grove High School, West Grove, Pennsylvania - Anti-cancer
Efficacy of Garlic: Cellular and Genetic Mediators. Teacher: Robin
Grand Award: Third Place $1000.
- Special Award: DuPont excellence in research (NASA), all
expense-paid trip to attend the U.S.
Space Camp in Huntsville, Alabama and a certificate.
- U.S. Army, $3000, a certificate of achievement and a gold
- U.S. Army, Alternate to attend the London International Youth
Science Forum, $3000 savings bond
and $300 from the Association of the United States Army.
of the Sciences in Philadelphia, scholarships of $8000 per year for