Drexel University Research Programs Supporting
the Environment and Sustainability
- Drexel Engineering Cities Initiative (DECI) - The foundation of a new approach to studying urban systems focusing on the engineering of cities, policy development, and the creation of environmentally sustainable urban habitats that function for people and society.
- Drexel Smart House - a student-led, multidisciplinary project to construct an urban home to serve as a “living laboratory” for exploring cutting edge design and technology.
- Center for Advancing Microbial Risk Assessment (CAMRA) - CAMRA is an EPA-DHS jointly funded Center for Advancing Microbial Risk Assessment. CAMRA gathers a community of scientists that investigate several stages in the life cycle of bacterial agents of concern. The Center is implementing a knowledge management (KM) approach with the goals of knowledge sharing, integration, and collaboration. To learn more, email CAMRA or download the following paper: Designing a Knowledge Management Approach [PDF]
- Ecology, Earth and Environmental Science Research Group – In association with the Department of Biology, this diverse group of internationally renowned investigators research extends from mechanisms of ecological processes to applied conservation work and paleontology.
- Department of Civil, Architectural & Environmental Engineering – Comprised of a highly diverse group of students, staff and faculty who conduct theoretical, laboratory and field investigations, and are engaged in practice and research to provide better and more sustainable infrastructure for society.