Institutional Loan Programs
Drexel University has several institutional loan programs that are reserved for students with extenuating circumstances and who meet specific criteria. Drexel Central will make determinations on a case-by-case basis for students who request a re-evaluation of financial assistance regarding eligibility for an institutional loan.
While each institutional loan program is different, there are several commonalities:
- Student must demonstrate significant financial need and be unable to utilize Direct PLUS or Private Education Loans or other financing options to pay an outstanding balance
- Certain colleges/majors are required for specific institutional loans
- Interest rates vary between 5% and 8%
- Repayment begins after your enrollment has ended
- Interest does not accrue until the start of your repayment period
If you are selected to receive an institutional loan, you will be contacted by Drexel Central with further information.