For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

Need-Based Aid

We encourage you to apply for financial aid regardless of whether or not you feel you are eligible. This way, we can help you consider alternatives you might not have known existed. Plus, applying for financial aid is easy. We require only one form — the Free Application for Federal Student Financial Aid (FAFSA).

File the FAFSA to Apply for Aid

Next to your application for admission, the FAFSA is the most important application you can fill out. For the fastest and most accurate results, we encourage you to submit the FAFSA online at The FAFSA can be submitted beginning January 1, and students transferring to Drexel the following fall should submit it by May 1 to be considered for the maximum amount of aid.

To make sure Drexel receives your financial information from the federal government, list Drexel University on the FAFSA. Drexel's FAFSA school code is 003256.

For more detailed information about the process, review Drexel Central's How to Apply for Aid page.

Federal Loans

A student's financial aid package may also include federal student loans. This type of aid needs to be repaid. The federal government offers a variety of low-interest loans to both students and parents. Families must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to qualify.

Learn about Loan Options.

Federal College Work-Study

Students who have demonstrated financial need may be awarded Federal Work-Study funds as part of the financial aid package. These funds are earned on an hourly basis through employment in approved Drexel Work-Study positions. The amount earned is not applied to the student's tuition bill but is paid to the student through a paycheck and is normally used for books, transportation, and personal expenses. Students may not earn more than the amount of their work-study award.

Learn about the Federal Work-Study Program.

A Note on Drexel Co-op

Income earned while employed through Drexel Co-op will be excluded when calculating your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) on the FAFSA; however, you are still required to report your earnings on your FAFSA. EFC is used to determine one's level of eligibility for federal and institutional need-based aid.

Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Association (PHEAA) Grants

PHEAA offers need-based grant funding to Pennsylvania residents who are pursuing their first bachelor's degree within the state. Eligibility is based upon your financial information submitted on the FAFSA, your enrollment, and campus location.

Learn more about PHEAA Grants.