Online Room Self-Selection
University Housing encourages you to speak with your preferred roommates. Ensure they:
- Have confirmed you on their MyHousing application
- Have submitted a complete housing application
- Have submitted a housing deposit.
Self-Selection will begin in Mid-July 2013
Self-Selection is your chance to request the exact room you will be assigned to. University Housing will only use the building preferences you ranked on your application if you choose NOT to participate in Self-Selection. Most students will be participating in Self-Selection and therefore building options may be severely limited if you wait for University Housing to assign you. University Housing strongly encourages you to participate in the online Self-Selection process
Things to know before starting Self-Selection:
- When will you log into Self-Selection? You may do so any time after your time-ticket and up until the deadline posted.
- The Web ID (Also known as Drexel User ID) of your confirmed roommates. The format is: ABC123\
- Your top residence hall choices
- If you are interested in a suite, discuss who will be living in which bedroom together.
- Have a backup plan if there are no longer suites available. Suite style living is a popular choice but availability is limited.
- Communicate with your roommate group – have you decided on a place to live? Note that the room rates differ by building type and so all roommates should agree on possible locations prior to Self-Selection opening!
- Identify who in your roommate group has the earliest Time-Ticket. Discuss who has the earliest time ticket/will be participating in Self-Selection for the group. It is your responsibility to make sure that the person participating in Self-Selection on your behalf is aware of your preferences because assignments are FINAL.
Online Room Self-Selection begins in mid-July 2013 and is separate from the Application process.
Incoming freshmen will have the opportunity to self-select their own building/bedroom via the MyHousing system. Time Tickets will be sent in the order that the application/housing deposit (whichever is latest) was initially received. The Time Ticket will have a dedicated date/time when the student can re-log back into the MyHousing system to select a room. Self-Selection will begin on July 16. Once the Time Ticket is open, the student has until the printed deadline to select a room.
Confirmed Roommates can select their rooms together by "pulling in" room mates. Freshmen should make sure that their preferred roommates are actually confirmed in MyHousing prior before July 1.
Are you and your preferred roommates confirmed? Log into your MyHousing application and view Step 3. A student's name who appears in the "Accepted Roommate" section is confirmed!
However, a student who appears in the "Requested Roommates" section is not yet confirmed. You will not be able to "pull in" a fellow student who is simply 'requested.'
"Pulling in" refers to the process whereby one roommate is able to place both him/herself into a space, and then "pull in" his/her confirmed roommate(s).
For example, Damien has a July 9 at 8 a.m. time ticket. Brandon has a July 10 at 10 a.m. time ticket. Because Damien has the earlier time ticket, Damien can place Brandon into a space when logged into MyHousing.
In order for Damien to place Brandon into a space, Brandon must be a confirmed roommate and also have a complete Housing Application (a complete Housing Application is a MyHousing Application with a $200 housing deposit).
Online Room Self-Selection is optional. University Housing will auto-assign students who choose not to participate.
Eligible students: Freshmen students who submit a complete Housing Application after July 3, 2012 are not eligible for Online Room Self-Selection and will be auto-assigned by University Housing based on the data submitted on the Housing Application. A Complete Housing Application is both the online MyHousing Application with the electronic signature and the $200 housing deposit.
Students participating in a Gateway program or a College Learning Community in Myers Hall will be auto-assigned by University Housing based on the preferences indicated in their Housing Application.
University Housing may re-assign any student who is in a half-vacancy for more than 72-hours. A half-vacancy is defined as a bedroom or suite which is not full.
All assignments are considered tentative until published in MyHousing by University Housing in mid-August. Freshmen will be notified that their published assignment is available via their Drexel University E-mail account.