Returning Student Self-Selection Guide
Self-Selection will open Wednesday, April 2, 2014. This is your chance to choose your room and ensure that your preferred roommates are placed with you.
Online Self-Selection is optional. University Housing will auto-assign students who choose not to participate AFTER Self-Selection ends. We strongly encourage all students to participate in Self-Selection. Space fills during Self-Selection and students often find that their top preferences may not be available when it is time for them to be assigned by our department.
Students Can Prepare for Self-Selection Now
- Review or print the Guide to Self-Selection which includes floor plans and information about each building. Make sure you are familiar with your building and space options. We have a wide variety of buildings, locations, rates, and types of space. Students will have the opportunity to choose from:
- Check your Drexel Email. Your time-ticket for Self-Selection will be sent to your Drexel email account on March 17, 2014. This date and time is based on the date and time that you completed your application. Your time ticket is the earliest that you can log into MyHousing and select your building and room.
- Do you have Preferred Roommates? Review the Self-Selection Information for Preferred Roommates. It is very important that you confirm your preferred roommates in your online Housing Application prior to Self-Selection. It is important that ALL members of your preferred roommate group add and confirm ALL other members of your preferred roommate group. Forgetting to add even one person in the group could cause you or someone you want to live with to be left OUT of the group's Self-Selection. Are you and your preferred roommates confirmed? Log into your MyHousing application and view Step 3. A student's name who appears in the "Accepted Roommate" section is confirmed!
- Discuss the options with your Preferred Roommates. Have you decided on a place to live? Note that the room rates differ by building type and so all roommates should agree on possible locations prior to Self-Selection opening!
- Identify who in your roommate group has the earliest Time-Ticket. Discuss who has the earliest time ticket/will be participating in Self-Selection for the group. It is your responsibility to make sure that the person participating in Self-Selection on your behalf is aware of your preferences because assignments are FINAL.
Things to know before starting Self-Selection:
- When will you log into Self-Selection? You may do so any time after your time-ticket and up until the deadline posted.
- The Web ID (Also known as Drexel User ID) of your confirmed roommates. The format is: ABC123
- Your top residence hall choices
- If you are interested in a suite, discuss who will be living in which bedroom together.
- Have a backup plan if your first choices are no longer available.
Once Self-Selection opens, students will be able to select any available bed space. Students do not need to have a complete suite (4 students for a 4-person suite, 7 students for a 7-person suite) in order to reserve a room/suite. Reservations for 1 of the beds in the suite will be accepted. In order to maximize all space on campus and to ensure all students ahve an equitable opportunity to live on-campus, University Housing reserves the right to consolidate suites and/or bedrooms of the same gender. Confirmed roommate pairings will be moved together!
Students who go through Self-Selection without a preferred roommate will be able to log into MyHousing at any time to see who else has self-selected into their room (or suite, if applicable.) This information will not be emailed but will be available in “real time” through MyHousing.