Returning Student Room Self-Selection
Returning students can select their own bedrooms after the Application process closes!
Here's how it works:
- University Housing will send Time Tickets to all returning students who are eligible for Self-Selection.
- Self-Selection will open soon after Time Tickets are sent and students may select their room via MyHousing
- Students who choose to not select their own room, but who had a Time Ticket issued, will receive a housing assignment from University Housing via E-Mail
Students must meet all criteria to be eligible for Self-Selection:
- Required $200 Housing Deposit received by Drexel University by January 31, 2013.
- Housing Application was submitted by January 31, 2013
- The Housing Application includes Fall 2013 academic term
Only rising sophomores returning to University Housing are guaranteed housing if the housing application and deposit are submitted by January 31. Rising juniors, pre-juniors, and seniors will be sent a Time Ticket based on space availability.
Rising sophomores who choose to not Self-Select or who do not include the Fall 2013 housing term in their application but submit their application and Housing Deposit by January 31, 2013 will be assigned by University Housing using the building and roommate preferences provided on the Housing Application.
Only those students who have Fall 2013 as part of their Housing Application will be permitted to select their room during the Room-Self-Selection phase of the Returning Student Selection Process. Summer 2014 applications will open in October, 2013. Students who cancel Fall 2013 housing but retain Winter 2014 and/or Spring 2014 may be re-assigned by University Housing.
University Housing will not guarantee preferred roommates for Winter 2014 and Spring 2014 if the student does not live on campus for Fall 2013.
Once Room Self-Selection opens, students will be able to opt-into any available bed space. Students do not need to have a complete suite (4 students for a 4-person suite) in order to reserve a room/suite. Single bed reservations will be accepted.
Students who go through Self-Selection without a preferred roommate will be able to log into MyHousing at any time to see who else has self-selected into their room (or suite, if applicable.) This information will not be emailed but will be available in “real time” through MyHousing.
Finalizing Your Assignment
A housing assignment is not final until an Official Housing Assignment e-mail is sent to the student's Drexel University e-Mail account. The deadline to cancel Fall 2012 Housing, at no penalty, is March 22, 2013.
All roommates must have a complete Housing Application, which includes the $200 Housing Deposit. Students without a Housing Deposit will not be eligible for Room Self-Selection.
More information on deposits >>
- If a student originally has Fall 2013 on their application and then cancels that application, University Housing reserves the right to move the student out of their pre-selected room
- University Housing will not guarantee preferred roommates for Winter 2014 and Spring 2014 if the student does not live on campus for Fall 2013.
Assignments after January 31
Applications accepted after January 31 are not eligible for Self-Selection; these students will be assigned based on their roommate and building preferences, depending on space availability. No building or roommate is guaranteed.