Summer Employment Opportunities
The Drexel Conference Center is currently hiring for Conference Assistants (CA) for the 2013 Summer Conference Season (Summer Term). These positions are open to current Drexel undergraduate and graduate students who are enrolled in classes for 2013 Summer Term. Students are are on co-op are not eligible for CA positions. Being a CA is a great opportunity for Drexel students to live and work on campus during the summer!
For more information, please join us at one of the following information sessions. If you are unable to attend in person, please join us online for an informational webinar.
March 6, 2013 at 11:00am
March 4, 2013 at 12:00pm or 5:00pm (students are encouraged to attend one of these two sessions)
MacAlister Hall 2019-2020
Light refreshments will be served
- Deadline to apply for Summer positions: March 15, 2013
- Interviews held: April 1 -April 12, 2013
- Please note that not all applicants are guaranteed an interview
- Offer letters sent out: Week of April 15, 2013
- Pre-training Quiz Due: May 10, 2013
- Training Week (Attendance is Mandatory): June 17-21, 2013
- First Weekend of the Conference Season: June 22-24, 2013
- Last Weekend of the Conference Season: September 7-8, 2013
Attendance is mandatory for Training Week and the First and Last weekends of the Conference Season.
CA Job Description [PDF]
How to Apply:
Apply online at: www.drexel.edu/dbs/eventConference/StudentEmployment/ConferenceEmployees
In addition to filling out the application online, all applicants are required to do the following:
1. Email a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15, 2013. The subject of the email should be "Your Name, Position you're applying for, Resume" (i.e. John Smith, CA, Resume)
2. Submit two letters of recommendation from two Drexel University faculty or staff members. Recommendations may be submitted by the following people:
- Academic Advisors,
- Student Organization Advisors,
- Professors or previous high school teachers,
- Residential Desk Coordinators (RDCs),
- AD/RDs or other RLO or Student Life staff member,
- Supervisors of an on or off-campus position (through a paid, work-study or volunteer position);
- Letters of recommendations from a Resident Assistant (RA) or another student will NOT be accepted.
- Letters of Recommendation must be submitted via email to email@example.com by March 15, 2013 at 5:00pm.
- Returning CA and Linen Crew members do not need to submit letters of recommendation.