The experience of an extended stay abroad is invaluable for advanced mastery of the language and a better understanding of the country and culture under study.
Learn More About Drexel Study Abroad »
International Programs/Study Abroad Eligibility
Drexel Abroad programs are open to students in all disciplines who are pre-juniors or juniors and above and who meet the following requirements:
- A cumulative average of 3.0 (3.5 for pre-juniors)
- At least two upper-division courses in history, politics, and/or sociology
- Completion of the intermediate year of college language study or the equivalent
Transfer credits for Anthropology, Communication, Sociology and Modern Languages courses
In order to qualify for transfer credits for courses or language experience while abroad, students must see Dr. Simone Schlichting-Artur for credits evaluation:
- For all Anthropology, Communication and Sociology courses, students must obtain pre-approval prior to going abroad
- Office Location: Language and Communication Center building, 229 N. 33rd Street, room 211
- SUMMER 13-14 walk-in hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM
- If you are unable to come during walk-in hours, please email Dr. Schlichting-Artur, firstname.lastname@example.org, to make an appointment
- For all language course credits, students must take two placement exams in the target language, one prior to departure and one upon return.