Computing Internships (Philly Healthcare Big Data Startup)
March 5, 2013 — Computing Internships
Philly Healthcare Big Data Startup
Recently founded fast growing startup is looking for motivated undergraduates eager to gain experience in big data healthcare analytics and bring rationality to our chaotic health care system! We are building a high-level analytics platform for employers and health systems understand, manage, and predict effective clinical management.
You will work directly with the founders in product development, data management, sales/marketing, and client services. Get hands on experience in a fun fast paced environment in Center City Philadelphia. You are guaranteed to learn many new skills and expand your capabilities. Internships are unpaid but interns are most definitely expected to become among the first full-time employees of the firm (competitive salary + equity).
The following intern-level positions are available. Expected ~10hrs/wk. Listed knowledge areas are not expected but desirable. Learning these skills on the job is expected:
- Seamless integration of data applications into browser
- Position will work closely with other departments
- PHP, JS, JQuery
- Manage very large healthcare data sets
- Clean and process "raw" data
- Build application-ready databases (MySQL, NoSQL, Hadoop)
- Build beautiful data visualizations for application
- Innovative visual schemas encouraged
- Google Charts API and D3.js knowledge is a bonus
- Real world client development and sales
- High level strategic thinking encouraged
If interested please email with a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com.