Senior Programmer Analyst (Ascensus)
February 18, 2013 — Senior Programmer Analyst
At Ascensus, you will find a forward-thinking company with a passion for what we do and a strong appreciation for the clients we serve and the talented associates who make up our team.
With more than 30 years of industry experience, Ascensus is a leading provider of high-quality retirement plan solutions for organizations of all sizes. Through its 1,000+ highly trained associates and one of the largest ERISA consulting practices in the U.S., Ascensus provides recordkeeping and administrative services to over 27,000 defined contribution plans and administers over 1.5 million IRAs. Ascensus partners with financial institutions to offer tailored solutions to meet the needs of financial professionals, employers and individuals.
In early 2012, Ascensus was recognized as a Top Workplace by The Philadelphia Inquirer. This distinction demonstrates our commitment to making Ascensus a company our employees are proud to be a part of.
The Ascensus corporate culture is a reflection of our company’s Core Values: People Matter. Quality First. Integrity Always.® From the client on the phone to the co-worker across the aisle, we believe in respecting all people in all interactions, adhering to the highest ethical standards and delivering the value-add that sets our company apart as a solutions provider and employer of choice.
For more information, visit www.ascensus.com.
We are currently hiring for entry level to Development Lead IT professionals for our Dresher, PA office location. Please send your resume to Brenda.email@example.com if you are interested.
Position requires the preparation of feasibility and analysis documents addressing business requirements with low to high complexity. Translates business requirements to detailed design specifications. Essential
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Writes detailed program specifications from design specifications as well as code components of low to high complexity matching detailed specifications.
- Demonstrates proficiency in developing, analyzing, and executing test plans.
- Writes and maintains software and process documentation.
- Leads and directs the work of others on smaller projects.
- Preferred technology skills: .Net Framework, C# or VB.Net, Cold Fusion MX, XML, ASP.Net, SQL Server and/or Sybase database, Java and Oracle database are a plus
- Assesses and recommends solutions to keep assignments focused on objectives.
- Recognizes, evaluates and pursues solutions for issues on assignments, gives guidance to and coordinates some project task work.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 5-8 years experience in systems analysis and application programming development
- Experience with state of the art application development support software packages
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Work with all project team(s) members, all support groups and upper management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven organizational, math and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills