Advisement and Support Services Center

Frequently Asked Questions

What is ASSC and how do I get there? When are you open?

The Advisement and Support Services Center (ASSC) in the College of Nursing and Health Professions provides academic advising and support for all undergraduate students within the college. We are located on the 4th floor of the Bellet Building in Suite 415. The Center is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Who is my advisor?

Academic advisors are assigned to students in each major. Some majors have more than one advisor. To locate your academic advisor go to academic advisor listing.

When can I add/drop/withdraw a course?

Generally, students are able to add classes through BannerWeb until the end of the second week of classes for the term. Please note any restrictions or permissions.

Students may drop a course during the “drop period,” which lasts from the beginning of registration until the end of the second week. A dropped course will not appear on your transcript.

Students in “accelerated courses” have until the end of the first week of their class to add/drop.

Students may withdraw from a course with instructor permission from the beginning of the third week of classes until the end of the sixth week.

Accelerated students have until the end of the fifth week to withdraw.

Once you are registered, it is your responsibility to attend the course, drop the course, or withdraw from the course. Dropping and withdrawing are distinct actions that impact your course enrollment status, billing consequences, and your academic record; therefore, it is important to attend to the proper procedures when dropping or withdrawing from a course.

Add/Drop/Withdraw forms can be found here:

Where can I find all the forms that I need?

Academic forms and brochures are found on the Student Resource Center website:

When can I change my major?

Students are allowed to change their major after the completion of their second term at Drexel. For freshmen, this means waiting until after winter term grades have been posted. Some majors have specific requirements that you must meet before you can be accepted into their major. Don’t know who to contact for the change? Find a full list of advisors right here:

How do I apply for graduation?

Right in Drexel One! Instructions can be found here, along with other important information regarding graduation:

What is the difference between reinstatement and readmission?

Reinstatement is for students who have been academically dismissed from the University for poor scholarship but have successfully appealed to return to Drexel. Reinstatements must take place within a year of dismissal.

Readmission is for students who have been separated from the university for one full year. Reasons may include returning from academic dismissal, returning from an approved leave of absence, and or returning from inactive status.

Students may be dismissed from the major but not the University, in which case they need to appeal to the degree program for any continuance.

How do I change my co-op cycle?

Students must meet with his/her academic advisor and co-op coordinator to discuss a change in co-op cycle.

Who can I contact for financial aid and billing?

The Student Resource Center (SRC) can help students with all issues relating to the registrar, billing, and financial aid. Our Center City SRC is located on the first floor of the New College Building, room 1142. You can also email your questions through

How do I get in touch with someone in student life?

Our Center City campus has an active student life office. CNHP students can participate in activities on the Center City Hahnemann Campus or the University City campus. You can see the student life activities and programs at

Where can I go for academic assistance?

The Center for Academic Success (CAS) has a Center City location that provides peer tutoring, study skills assistance, workshops, printed materials, study rooms, mentors, and more. You can even schedule your appointment online:

Drexel’s Writing Center is another resource for students in need of assistance with their writing:

When can I register for courses?

Course registration time tickets are posted in Drexel One. Please note that there are different time tickets for athletes, ROTC, seniors, juniors, etc. Time tickets can be reviewed here:

How can I register for courses?

Registration instructions and a guide to common problems with registering can be found here:

I have an international transcript - now what?

International transcripts need to be evaluated by one of the following agencies:

  • World Education Services (WES)
  • International Consultants of Delaware
  • Educational Credential Evaluators

Where can I go if I need counseling?

Drexel offers free and confidential counseling services to all enrolled students. The Counseling Center offers information through their website, or you can make an appointment to speak with a mental health professional:

What is the SCDC and how do I get in touch with someone there?

The Steinbright Career Development Center (SCDC) provides career guidance and assists our students with their co-op experience. There is an SCDC office located on the 2nd floor of the Bellet Building for students within CNHP. You can also contact their main number at 215-762-7577. For more information regarding co-op policies and procedures, please visit their website:

Where do I go if I have a disability and need accommodations?

If you need to request certain accommodations or documentation for a disability, please contact Drexel University’s Office of Disability Services (ODS):

Where can I find courses that are available?

The Term Master Schedule is the most up-to-date resource for current and upcoming term course offerings:

Who do I contact first if I’m having an issue with a course?

If you’re having issues with a course, it is important to first contact your professor and have a discussion with him or her. If you need additional assistance or aren’t sure how to start, reach out to your academic advisor.

How can I transfer credits over to Drexel?

Please see your advisor for specific information regarding courses that are eligible for transfer. In general, you need to achieve a C or better in the course and submit an official copy of the transcript to Drexel’s Office of Admissions.

What is a TCE, and what do I do with it?

A Transfer Credit Evaluation (or TCE) is a document for transfer students that outlines what courses were taken outside of Drexel and how they transferred in to your intended major. Once someone is a student at Drexel, the TCE is no longer used and the student will coordinate with his/her advisor regarding their plan of study.

What if I have a serious complaint or grievance?

The assistant dean of academic and student affairs handles all complaints, grievances, and appeals for the Dean of the College if the issue cannot be resolved at the department level. The assistant dean will help students identify the nature of the concern, determine the people to speak to about the concern, and give next steps advice about how to resolve the issue. The assistant dean is in Room 418 of the Bellet Building and is available at any time. Student concerns are held in confidence until information is ready to be shared for resolution.


Advisement and Support Services Center (ASSC) - ASK

The ASK advisors and staff are located on the 4th Floor of the Bellet Building (Room 415) at 1505 Race Street, center city Philadelphia. Advisors for the online RN to BSN program are on the 7th floor of Bellet. Go to our home page to see the list of Academic Advisors. >>