Congratulations to winners of the 2016 BAYADA Awards for Technological Innovation and Health Care Education and Practice
(left to right) BAYADA Award for Technological Innovation in Health Care Education and BAYADA Award for Technological Innovation in Health Care Practice - Mark Baida, founder and president - BAYADA Home Health Care, Ann Baiada, director - BAYADA Home Health Care, Joshua D. Lenchus, Dr. Gloria F. Donnelly, dean and professor, Drexel University College of Nursing and Health Professions, Lisa M. Young, Faye Grund, Marie Panas, Joan Such Lockhart, Yvonne Weideman.
About The Award
The BAYADA Award for Technological Innovation in Health Care Education and Practice, created in 2004 by BAYADA Home Health Care, recognizes health care providers who have made significant contributions to education or practice through the development or adoption of new technologies.
Drexel University College of Nursing and Health Professions is proud to facilitate the award process and seeks nominations for consideration of $20,000 in awards, $10,000 each, for innovation in Patient Care and Health Care Education.
The awards will be presented at the upcoming BAYADA Home Health Care Speaker Series. Click to learn more!
Two $10,000 Cash Prizes
The awards will be presented at the BAYADA Home Health Care Speaker Series at Drexel Nursing and Health Professions in May 2017. Winners must be present. Accommodation, travel and expenses will be paid. Special consideration will be given to applications demonstrating impact upon home health care.
The judges will consider the technology's innovativeness and its impact on health care education or direct patient care. The innovation must be new and be in use for six months or longer prior to submission of application. Applications must be submitted under one of the two categories listed below. Individual and Team submissions are welcome.
The categories for submission include:
Patient Care: Improving efficiency of health care delivery, preventing/decreasing errors and improving outcomes; or
Health Care Education (both didactic and clinical): Innovation in curricular delivery methods, improving student competency and learning outcomes.
All submissions will be blinded (identities of the nominees and their institutions removed) and reviewed for merit by a panel of Drexel University nursing, health care professions and technology faculty.
Resubmissions are welcome.
Note: Employees of Drexel University are not eligible.
Bayada Application Deadlines -
2017 submissions due by March 1 - Download the 2017 application form HERE
- Email your submission to Amanda Keen at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 267.359.5724
- In your submission, please include your name, address, telephone number (day-time), fax number, email address.
- Please indicate whether you are an educator or practicing health professional.
- Submission form with all components completed. Be sure to include information regarding the impact of the innovation in your nomination narrative.
- A supporting letter from your supervisor stating his/her support and why the technology is important and innovative. PLEASE NOTE: This letter of support must be on official institution/agency letterhead and may be scanned for email, or FAXED to 267.359.5724, Attn: Amanda Keen.
- Your CV or resume.