Congratulations to winners of the 2015 BAYADA Awards for Technological Innovation and Health Care Education and Practice
(Front row, left to right: BAYADA Award for Technological Innovation in Health Care Education Winners from Duke University School of Nursing Center for Nursing Discovery, Dr. Ryan Shaw, assistant professor, and Jacqueline Vaughn, instructor, and BAYADA Award for Technological Innovation in Health Care Practice from Penn State Hershey Medical Center, Darla Marks, director of clinical informatics and Michael Ward, lead programmer analyst. (Back row, left to right): Dr. Gloria F. Donnelly, dean and professor, Drexel University College of Nursing and Health Professions, Ann Baiada, director, and Mark Baida, founder and president, BAYADA Home Health Care. Missing from photo: Margory Molloy, director, Duke University School of Nursing Center for Nursing Discovery.
About The Award
The BAYADA Award for Technological Innovation in Health Professional Education and Practice was created in 2004 to acknowledge health care professionals who have made a significant contribution to health care professional education or practice via the development and/or adoption of a new technology. Drexel University is proud to show annual support to the health care pioneers who pave the way for the next generation of health care professionals.
The awards will be presented at the upcoming BAYADA Home Health Care Speaker Series. Click to learn more!
Two $10,000 Cash Prizes
One $10,000 prize will be awarded to an educator or practicing health professional whose innovation leads to improved health professions education and student outcomes.
One $10,000 prize will be given to an educator or practicing health professional whose innovation leads to improved patient care and patient care outcomes.
The awards will be presented at the BAYADA Home Health Care Speaker Series at Drexel Nursing and Health Professions in May 2016. The winners must be present to accept the awards; travel expenses will be paid.
Criteria and Judging
The judges will consider the technology's innovativeness and its impact on health care education or direct patient care. The innovation must be new and be in use for six months or longer prior to submission of application. Applications must be submitted under one of the two categories listed below. Individual and Team submissions are welcome.
The categories for submission include:
Health care education (both didactic and clinical):
- Innovation may be related to curriculum delivery methods; improving student clinical competency, and efficiency.
- Examples include: developing a software program that assists students with collection of patient data and the creation of an electronic plan of care.
- Innovation may be related to improving efficiency of patient care delivery; preventing errors in patient care or improving outcomes.
- Examples include: using current technology/equipment to develop a new way to monitor patient assessment data, alerting staff of status change; developing new technological tools to assess patients; decision support tools.
All submissions will be blinded (identities of the nominees and their institutions removed) and reviewed for merit by a panel of Drexel University nursing, health care professions and technology faculty.
Resubmissions are welcome.
Note: Employees of Drexel University are not eligible.
Bayada Application Deadline- submissions due by March 1, 2016
Download the 2016 application form HERE
- Email your submission to Amanda Keen at email@example.com or fax to 267.359.5724
- In your submission, please include your name, address, telephone number (day-time), fax number, email address.
- Please indicate whether you are an educator or practicing health professional.
- Submission form with all components completed. Be sure to include information regarding the impact of the innovation in your nomination narrative.
- A supporting letter from your supervisor stating his/her support and why the technology is important and innovative. PLEASE NOTE: This letter of support must be on official institution/agency letterhead and may be scanned for email, or FAXED to 267.359.5724, Attn: Amanda Keen.
- Your CV or resume.